P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

52 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That's at least 5 Stoke supporters then.  My niece, her husband, her son and son's friend are all going.

I can't understand voluntarily standing out in this weather.

Don't forget the legend Robbie Williams.

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

That's at least 5 Stoke supporters then.  My niece, her husband, her son and son's friend are all going.

I can't understand voluntarily standing out in this weather.

I hope they enjoyed the game as much as I did. No standing allowed though because seats are provided these days 😊

1 hour ago, gadabout60 said:

Anyone in the wide awake club about?

can’t seem to drop off tonight and small problems are magnified at this time of the morning

Yes, I'm here.  Those problems  running around in our head  improve so much once it is proper waking up time, don't they.  I find it some help to remember that, and then, if possible, sit up and read something you enjoy - I look at my watch after 10 minutes and find it is an hour later.  Then make a mug of tea and take it back to bed - sometimes fall asleep again after that.  It is useless to just lie there and hope to go back to sleep sometimes.

I am on my own  now, which makes it easier to prowl around the house of just have the light on to read etc.

It is nearly 4.30 now, so another two hours or so and others start  waking up too!

Sending empathy your way over the miles to Glasgow from Lincs.

• Like 5

Yes, I'm awake too! Been up since 5am so later than @gadabout60and @lincsladyI've been reading and drinking coffee so no chance of going back to sleep now. Why do all problems and niggles seem so much worse in the night and so irrelevant in the light. Strange isn't it. I'd like to add my empathy to you both from North London - so we're on a slightly longer journey across the miles now! I wish you both well and a better sleep tonight. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In respect of sleep or lack of it, I will be glad when the weather warms up, last 3 morning have been woken by the gritting lorry going past between 5:45 am and 6:30 am, as mornings are getting lighter I find it difficult getting back to sleep then.

I had a few 3 am and 4 am waking up sessions over the last week as I aggravated by shoulder joint whilst stripping the walls, so now back to the physio exercises I was doing last year when I had the problem then. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

I find it some help to remember that, and then, if possible, sit up and read something you enjoy -

I tried that once with a dictionary ,never could finish it once I got up to P 😉

• Haha 14

15 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Just been watching the news about the affects of the snow. Some people are utter idiots.

Why are people so totally unprepared? I never drive in winter without a blanket, Mars bar, cracking hand warmers, water, a spade etc etc. They sit in the boot from October to April.

While it’s easy to get caught out with bad weather some basic preparations would help.

They are fully paid up members of the 'Can't Happen To Me Brigade' 🙄

Avril

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I have just tried doing a Tesco shop online, but have given up as there are several items out of stock.  I have decided to go to the store and get the shopping myself, at least I can find an alternative I would rather have, instead of those that are being suggested.

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

I have just tried doing a Tesco shop online, but have given up as there are several items out of stock.  I have decided to go to the store and get the shopping myself, at least I can find an alternative I would rather have, instead of those that are being suggested.

Lots of vegetable out of stocks still out there, apart from M&S. ( Obviously just my local experience)

Seems to show that how you treat your suppliers has a lot to with the current situation. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

They are fully paid up members of the 'Can't Happen To Me Brigade' 🙄

Avril

Loads of them on the motorway's . One thought essential travel was nipping 

out to see a theatre show that was in Manchester from her home in Lincoln.

She moaned that she got stuck with no food, drink and bursting for a pee for over nine 

hours !  I normally do it in 2 hours she said .🥴

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Lots of vegetable out of stocks still out there, apart from M&S. ( Obviously just my local experience)

Seems to show that how you treat your suppliers has a lot to with the current situation. 

The out of stock items, include beef, chicken and bread, veggies not affected, although I buy a lot of our veg from the local farm shops.

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

That’s the one big downside of grocery shopping online. We’ve found Tesco to be about the best combination of reliability, price and availability but it still has its problems. We’ve not been able to enter one single shop now since March 2020, because of a compromised immune system, but it’s been quite remarkable that despite that every single thing that we’ve wanted or needed, food or otherwise, has arrived at the door by van. 

• Like 9

I've found Morrisons on line have had a much more reliable supply of veggies and eggs than Asda recently. They've always had a choice of tomatoes, peppers, romaine lettuce, asparagus etc, and also large free range eggs that Asda haven't had for weeks now, so I split my weekly shop and Asda deliver on Tuesday and Morrisons on the Wednesday. 

Neither of us can drive now, so it's the best solution for me. The delivery charges are much cheaper than a taxi and no carrying heavy shopping.

I've also found that buying some items on Amazon is also cost effective, the  coffee we like is much cheaper and they have a wide range of cooking ingredients too.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 4

To my fellow insomniacs - all (I think) are quite a bit younger than me.  My pattern used to be that I could not get to sleep; recently I have able to go to sleep (I suspect thanks to two glasses of wine most nights) but then wake up 3 or 4 hours later, feeling wide awake. But at least have had some sleep.

If this a feature of old age, you may change to this pattern, which is much better than the usual one.

• Like 4