P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

What about poor Brisie.

So sorry Brian. You obviously feel very hurt that our dogs are taking centre stage here so I'll be the second to say that I wish you better very soon. A man and his blood blister are not good companions so hopefully you'll part company asap. On a serious note I bet it's bloody painful! Jane xxx

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So sorry Brian. You obviously feel very hurt that our dogs are taking centre stage here so I'll be the second to say that I wish you better very soon. A man and his blood blister are not good companions so hopefully you'll part company asap. On a serious note I bet it's bloody painful! Jane xxx

Don't worry Jane and co I'm convalescing,turkey stew with virgin olive oil dumplins.IMG_20230322_1921399341220.thumb.jpg.4cbdbceecf68703e546fb9bd21080c43.jpg

• Like 2

Ok while we are talking feet ,paws .Let me tell you about a budgie I had , just like Brian 

he was also limping but I think his was a broken leg ☹️

I got a match and tied it to his little leg and put him back in his cage.

You should have seen his little face light up when he walked along the cages sandpaper.:classic_unsure:

• Haha 13

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Don't worry Jane and co I'm convalescing,turkey stew with virgin olive oil dumplins.IMG_20230322_1921399341220.thumb.jpg.4cbdbceecf68703e546fb9bd21080c43.jpg

Talking of dogs feeling unwell............I'm so sorry Brian, and I'm sure it's delicious, but that looks like something Teddy left me to clear up last week. Enjoy! Xxx

• Haha 17

48 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Talking of dogs feeling unwell............I'm so sorry Brian, and I'm sure it's delicious, but that looks like something Teddy left me to clear up last week. Enjoy! Xxx

My thoughts exactly…. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, kalos said:

Ok while we are talking feet ,paws .Let me tell you about a budgie I had , just like Brian 

he was also limping but I think his was a broken leg ☹️

I got a match and tied it to his little leg and put him back in his cage.

You should have seen his little face light up when he walked along the cages sandpaper.:classic_unsure:

Oh goodness Kalos, that did make me laugh……I used to have a budgie and I had a mental image!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I was thinking the same especially when Brian's meals with his dear wife usually looks good.

• Like 5

Sssh I'm whispering in case I get detention or the naughty step. but just had an e mail and msc have a 3 night  cruise to  Guernsey and le Havre from Southampton and back. in a month or two, can't remember, for £199 inside and £239 outside.

If I lived nearer I would jump on it.

• Like 4

Oh well, its 4.07 better think about going to bed.   I did try at midnight but it was useless so got up.

I don't mind the silence and atmosphere  of the middle of the night, I am used to it, just so long as one of those 8 legged things doesn't come out. 

Any of the usual insomniacs still up?

• Like 3

Hi indiana 123 - sorry you have had a sleepless night, although with luck you are now in the land of nod for a while.  I have been luckier tonight; got to sleep quite quickly and then woke at 3.30, which is definitely the better way round.  Nothing worse than lying there in the dark with lots of ridiculous things going round in your head.  It is one time when it is better to sleep alone, so you can read, get up and make a cup of tea, finish the crossword or even do a bit of housework.  Sometimes enough to go back to bed and finally nod off.  I hope that is what you are doing right now.

That cruise sounds too good to be true, by the way!

• Like 6

Me too I’m awake and have been a few hours, we’re back in fuerteventura now due to dad being seriously I’ll in hospital got here last night and someone took our suitcase from belt and left theirs, same colour and same colour ribbon so now staying in dirty clothes for hospital visit, we left there’s at the airport and hopefully they will take ours back , not a good time to experience and thankfully we put some important paperwork in our rucksack , power of attorney etc stuff, makes it difficult because we have to fly to Gran Canaria each morning because that’s where they  flu him too because he’s so I’ll .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Beckett said:

The wonders of a slow cooker.2 big turkey leg steaks, lentils, pulses and beans all disintegrate.It tasted better than it looked.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Me too I’m awake and have been a few hours, we’re back in fuerteventura now due to dad being seriously I’ll in hospital got here last night and someone took our suitcase from belt and left theirs, same colour and same colour ribbon so now staying in dirty clothes for hospital visit, we left there’s at the airport and hopefully they will take ours back , not a good time to experience and thankfully we put some important paperwork in our rucksack , power of attorney etc stuff, makes it difficult because we have to fly to Gran Canaria each morning because that’s where they  flu him too because he’s so I’ll .

Sorry to hear that Purdey,I read your post just after I posted mine.Best wishes,Brian.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Oh well, its 4.07 better think about going to bed.   I did try at midnight but it was useless so got up.

I don't mind the silence and atmosphere  of the middle of the night, I am used to it, just so long as one of those 8 legged things doesn't come out. 

I got up at 4:50 thanks to the birds for the alarm call.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear that your dad is poorly, I always think that being in hospital in a foreign country must be awful, I hope that he is soon better.  Hopefully you will get your luggage today.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Sssh I'm whispering in case I get detention or the naughty step. but just had an e mail and msc have a 3 night  cruise to  Guernsey and le Havre from Southampton and back. in a month or two, can't remember, for £199 inside and £239 outside.

If I lived nearer I would jump on it.

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Me and my blister I'm afraid been awake with my heel throbbing.I think it's infected now,red and swollen.My resistance is good having not taken hardly any antibiotics all my life.As a plumber I used to wrap gaffer tape around cuts and carry on,Brian.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Purdey. You must be frantic. I hope things improve. Thinking of you. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The wonders of a slow cooker.2 big turkey leg steaks, lentils, pulses and beans all disintegrate.It tasted better than it looked.

Morning Brian. I hope I didn't offend you. It's just that we were talking about dogs.... and I'll take my foot out of my mouth now. Sorry. Jane xxx

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Me and my blister I'm afraid been awake with my heel throbbing.I think it's infected now,red and swollen.My resistance is good having not taken hardly any antibiotics all my life.As a plumber I used to wrap gaffer tape around cuts and carry on,Brian.

Well it sounds now you need some antibiotics, not being rude or anything but as you get older your resistance gets weaker so no gaffer tape on that now 🥴

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I got up at 4:50 thanks to the birds for the alarm call.

Me too Josy. Just been out for a quick walk with the dog before the next rain starts. I'm glad your medical news is good and you should be returning to annual check-ups soon. Fingers crossed for September. I agree with you about the poor receptionists - it's a thankless job sometimes. Have a good day. Jane xxx

• Like 4