P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Just finished our tour in Kochi, this isou fourth port day in succession and we are ready for a rest, as beautiful as Japan is. Three more parts then thesail across the North Pacific to Alaska. The ship is currently pretty full but there is availability for the repositioning.

We did a cruise like that 4 years ago on Queen Elizabeth and many (all?) of the ports in Japan, Alaska and Canada were maiden ports so we had some great arrival welcomes. In one Japanese port there were hundreds of school children with their band singing, dancing and doing choreographed actions, it was quite moving.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
Spelling
  • Like 4

Well, today hasn’t gone as planned.

According to our confirmation from Warners we were booked in for today’s 11am ferry back to Portsmouth.

When we got to the ferry terminal it turned out that we weren’t booked on that ferry at all - Warner’s had booked us on the ferry for Friday 19th ( the date we would have returned if we’d been on a standard 4 night break)

I had to phone Wightlink and they were able to put us on the 1pm ferry, which is where I am right now.

We will now be later than planned arriving at our next hotel, which is disappointing.

When we get home I will provide Warner’s with feedback about this. Fortunately, I have been able to sort this out with only minimal inconvenience, but it might be a different story for someone more elderly than me, or if it had been high season when all the ferries were booked solid.

Hopefully the holiday will now proceed without further issues. 🤞

• Like 12

Been another lovely sunny day today , been sorting some of my clothes out for my forthcoming cruise and sorting a kitchen cupboard out and I came across my old gala plate that was gifted to me on our very first cruise 20 years ago, and looking at the menu what choices we used to get to compared to now I think there is some differences 🤔 but thought you’d all like to see how it’s changed now.

IMG_2496.jpeg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Been another lovely sunny day today , been sorting some of my clothes out for my forthcoming cruise and sorting a kitchen cupboard out and I came across my old gala plate that was gifted to me on our very first cruise 20 years ago, and looking at the menu what choices we used to get to compared to now I think there is some differences 🤔 but thought you’d all like to see how it’s changed now.

IMG_2496.jpeg

No green beans!

• Haha 6

Disappointingly cloudy here so far but I have gardening to do before we go away tomorrow for our round Britain cruise. We will be packing this afternoon (well the wife will she doesn’t let me anywhere near the cases!😊). I’ve put out too much stuff for the 12 night cruise so will put some back in the wardrobe, our recent trips have been longer and I’ve taken virtually all presentable clothes that I own.

We drive down tomorrow to Southampton stopping off at our favourite pub which is the May Fly south of Andover by the river test and then staying overnight at the Harbour Hotel at Ocean Village.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Disappointingly cloudy here so far but I have gardening to do before we go away tomorrow for our round Britain cruise. We will be packing this afternoon (well the wife will she doesn’t let me anywhere near the cases!😊). I’ve put out too much stuff for the 12 night cruise so will put some back in the wardrobe, our recent trips have been longer and I’ve taken virtually all presentable clothes that I own.

We drive down tomorrow to Southampton stopping off at our favourite pub which is the May Fly south of Andover by the river test and then staying overnight at the Harbour Hotel at Ocean Village.

Is that the Queen Victoria cruise? 

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were booked on the 2022 version but it was unfortunately cancelled. Our friends are on your cruise.

Have a good time 

Thanks. The weather forecast is so far looking good for the duration even the Orkneys and Stornaway! They’ve even recently added Dublin (Dunleary) to the itinerary replacing a sea day.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

IMG_2496.jpeg

We've also got that plate along with ones from Oriana and Oceana. Do you remember the cappuccino cups that they also did I think we've still got a couple of those knocking about somewhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Enjoy your cruise! 

10 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

We've also got that plate along with ones from Oriana and Oceana. Do you remember the cappuccino cups that they also did I think we've still got a couple of those knocking about somewhere.

No not really I’m not a coffee drinker, but I have two of the plates one signed by the captain.

• Like 1

Currently in Starbucks Yokohama, cracking scones. Lots of people disembarking today plus the new pax embarking. The ship has been full but only 1200 for the repositioning. The weather is great today after a dull sea day, we had a great view of mount Fuji from the top deck tis morning.

• Like 11

A lovely sunny day here.  I was woken by the birds at 4:45am so the house is sparkling clean, 2 loads of washing done, dried outside and ironed.  So now I am planning  a lazy rest of the day sitting in the sun.

Have a great day everyone whatever you have planned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Currently in Starbucks Yokohama, cracking scones. Lots of people disembarking today plus the new pax embarking. The ship has been full but only 1200 for the repositioning. The weather is great today after a dull sea day, we had a great view of mount Fuji from the top deck tis morning.

It's great reading how things are going for you Phil.

If Cunard or Princess continue with Japanese cruises for 2025, will be seriously considering scrapping our Azura 2025 booking for a big birthday and going to Japan instead.

• Like 2

Clear blue skies here temperature around 18C, but northerly breeze a little nippy out in the open.

On the agenda today

plant tomatoes in greenhouse 

plant up hanging basket

trip to recycling centre

trip to garden centre for new wall basket liners after blackbirds & magpies shredded the existing ones, I forgot to put kebab sticks in the pots.

get car washed if time. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It's great reading how things are going for you Phil.

If Cunard or Princess continue with Japanese cruises for 2025, will be seriously considering scrapping our Azura 2025 booking for a big birthday and going to Japan instead.

There are a couple of online TAs that combine a cruise with a landtour inc the bullet train,Mount Fuji and the Blossoms.Worth a look at,good luck,Brian.

• Like 1

Thankyou for all your well wishes Prostate removed Monday 3 hrs opp was back on ward for 2.30pm  and they sent  me home next day so in all 36 hrs so today sat in the sunshine recuperating .Everything went well just have to wait for psa to be checked in 4 to 6 weeks all by our own nhs .We are so lucky to have them .

• Like 20