P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

After a very warm night, I was sitting outside on patio at 11 last night, it was still 24C, in our bedroom was 26C. Despite having the fan on all night, still an uncomfortable nights sleep, going to freeze some ice packs today to put in front of fan tonight. 

Currently 20C with predicted high of 29C this afternoon. 

• Like 7

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It looks cloudy outside here but the sun is forecast, still warm though. 

Some gardening to do this morning then will have a wander out this afternoon if it’s not too warm. It’s St Annes Kite Festival this weekend which is always great to see, the kites are amazing. It will be nice to sit on the beach watching them all. 

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Saturday

Took Ted out for a walk at 6am this morning and it was glorious. It's now 9.10am and 26 degrees already. We're forecast 32/33 degrees later. That will be Ted's only walk today - he's currently asleep in front of the fan.

Brilliant rugby last night, England v Ukraine later, sport all the way for me this weekend. 

For those who love the sun please enjoy it but take care. For those who hate it - roll on Tuesday 22 degrees and rain. Yay!

Best wishes all. Jane xx

PS Still no Harry and Wowzz. I hope you're both ok guys.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

After a very warm night, I was sitting outside on patio at 11 last night, it was still 24C, in our bedroom was 26C. Despite having the fan on all night, still an uncomfortable nights sleep, going to freeze some ice packs today to put in front of fan tonight. 

Currently 20C with predicted high of 29C this afternoon. 

We did the same. Sat outside with a nice glass of wine on the patio after dark.

Not quite as warm today (yet) and lightening storms forecast for tomorrow.

Im enjoying a coffee and watching the magpies do their morning patrol of the plant pots eating the slugs and snails.

We have some unusual butterflies in the garden at the moment, not the type I have seen before. They and the numerous bees in the biodiversity garden (aka the wild and messy bit at the back of the garage) just ignore each other. I scattered a wild flower bee friendly mix which seems to have done the trick, we always had bees on the lavender etc but now there are multitudes.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

19c here but foggy, I don’t think I’ve ever seen fog with such high temperatures before,  I normally associate it with cool autumnal weather. It’s been mostly cloudy here for the past 2 days and I guess that that this fog will lift in the end to cloud later. 

Hello muddah hello faddah fog is lifting and the sun is breaking through😊

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

A foggy start this morning, after rain overnight. Sunny and warm now at 20c but not expected to reach the dizzy heights that some of you are having. Our expected temp is 24c, but I suppose living near the coast helps keep it cooler.

I need to take a trip to the shops, but can't be bothered to drive to Tesco so will have a change of scenery and to go Asda.

Enjoy your weekend and stay cool and safe.

Pam 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have some unusual butterflies in the garden at the moment, not the type I have seen before. They and the numerous bees in the biodiversity garden (aka the wild and messy bit at the back of the garage) just ignore each other. I scattered a wild flower bee friendly mix which seems to have done the trick, we always had bees on the lavender etc but now there are multitudes.

Since we took out a row of hedge and Mrs K planted wild flower and other bee friendly plants,

we have noted a big uptake in bees visiting .the garden .

We seem to be doing well with the butterflies as well. The bees are going mad for the Fuchsia

plants ,so did some cuttings and planted up garden so they have even more to visit .

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

For those who love the sun please enjoy it but take care. For those who hate it - roll on Tuesday 22 degrees and rain. Yay!

Best wishes all. Jane xx

PS Still no Harry and Wowzz. I hope you're both ok guys.

I would like to add to that @Bazrat who lost his son is still in our thoughts .🙂

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Other than going for my regular walk I have stayed inside out of the heat.  DH has mown the lawns this morning and this afternoon has been replacing some bits of pointing that needed replacing before the winter so he is moaning about working outside when it is 82° but that’s his choice so I have had to keep supplying endless cups of tea and glasses of cold water.  

I hope everyone is enjoying whatever they are doing.

Don't get sunburnt if you are outside.

• Like 4

I just went out to water the pots and baskets, as I finished the last one the heavens opened. Hopefully it will rain all night and replenish the water butts.  One is still pretty full but the one off the garage definitely needs a lot of rain.

🤞 🌧️ 🤞

• Like 6

Morning all we had a very long day yesterday and it was hot , we were on a coach then a boat ride then and train ride and back on a coach all in all a 10 1/2 trip to visit the five small villages that hug the coast and at the end some pictures of the marble mountains.

IMG_4092.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4121.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4142.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4152.jpeg

IMG_4153.jpeg

IMG_4154.jpeg

IMG_4161.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4167.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

IMG_4175.jpeg

IMG_4176.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Morning all we had a very long day yesterday and it was hot , we were on a coach then a boat ride then and train ride and back on a coach all in all a 10 1/2 trip to visit the five small villages that hug the coast and at the end some pictures of the marble mountains.

Wow! I’m feeling tired just reading about it! Fantastic pictures, thanks for taking the time to post them all & the updates. 
Relaxing today?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

IMG_4092.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4121.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4142.jpeg