P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

My last word on the Royal photo, one of the ‘errors’ was Charlotte’s hair was shorter  one side than the other!!! What a load of rubbish, it was obviously down her back! People these days just want to cause trouble!

My first and last words on the Royal photo Sue: Thankfully it looks as though the story is now today's chip paper! Other stories seem to have taken over - thank goodness. I am a Royalist but I don't think this fiasco has been handled particularly well. I wonder if the RF is missing the wise guiding hand of our late Queen. They all seem to be cast adrift at the moment. Either way, I wish Catherine well and hope we soon see her again as the huge asset she is to the RF.

Just wait a few months and it will all be forgotten - especially when the big orange bouffant becomes Pres of the USA again. Then the red tops will really have something to write about! Be afraid, be very afraid.

Have a good day Sue.  Jane xx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Why don’t they show the original then?! 

Why would they if they thought it needed editing, or do you think the edit involved changing Kate? Even the sceptical media haven't suggested that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Why don’t they show the original then?! 

Maybe because it's completely unnecessary and nothing to be gained by doing so?

Here is the news: young lady is unwell and requires medical intervention. Rightly she asks for privacy. Who amongst us would like our private medical details exposed to all? 

Let's be honest, you can't even access your own partner or other family members' medical records without express written permission, not even if a person is in hospital and unable to communicate. You need to fill in an access form and it goes in your records.  The newspapers and media seem to be saying that shouldn't apply to the Princess of Wales or even the King.

I wonder how those journalists and commentators would feel if any Tom, Dick or Harry could ask to see their private medical information.

• Like 9

I'll join in with the birthday good wishes for Pauline and hope you both enjoy the celebrations, despite other non joyous events in your family, no doubt still very much in the forefront of your minds @grapau27 

In the spirit of many of your posts which I enjoy, here's my yesterday's lunch at our favourite restaurant. It was belly pork, from which I had taken a delicious mouthful before deciding on a photo ☺️

PXL_20240312_124455313.thumb.jpg.fc7237de047dac98e2fe0e0e333f2141.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

A very provocative sky this morning... 50 shades of grey! 

It's currently 11˚C and the forecast for later is a tad windy. The first excitement today is a small supplementary grocery shop... cupboard essentials that we keep in "just in case"... just can't have too many cans of mushy peas.... How the retired live between cruises!

A Very Happy Birthday to Pauline...

DSC_7676.thumb.jpeg.a93de62f86af879fde48523d8bbc6646.jpeg

And... Best Wishes to all... 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

The first excitement today is a small supplementary grocery shop... cupboard essentials that we keep in "just in case"... just can't have too many cans of mushy peas.... How the retired live between cruises!

That really made me laugh! Oh how true. Frozen haddock in batter, a potato, can of mushy peas and a Ninja .... this retiree's feast done in 15 minutes 😁

• Like 7

Morning all ,much better day bright sunny 11.c .

Message @grapau27 Graham I know your going to have a busy day taking 

a certain lady for Mcbreakfast  by the sea and possibly booking your 

fave Italian for tonight .Also using today as a good excuse to book 

another jaunt away (and why not )  

But  when you have a spare minute, could you please tell Pauline or 

better still sing ..

8ce961147ea23d97948de915b3dff746.jpg.78c8ddee9214d5c6cee240ac1ce96a4e.jpg  

From us cheers 😄😄😄

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

better still sing ..

From us cheers 😄😄😄

We'll echo that one  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Waju said:

Happy birthday today to Pauline (@grapau27) 

I hope you have a lovely day!

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

@grapau27 wishing Pauline a very happy birthday…🎉

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

@grapau27 best wishes to Pauline.  

image.png.9f6ea99939ddcffa43935d2bb0aeef30.png

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning Graham, 

Please wish Pauline a very happy birthday from both of us. 

Hope you both have a lovely day. 

Andy & Michelle xx

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Happy Birthday Pauline, hope you have a lovely day 🎂🥂🍰

Michelle

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

@grapau27

Happy Birthday Dear Pauline. Have a very special day. I hope you are both doing something nice and if it involves food - photos please. Love and best wishes. Jane xx

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Pauline - Have a lovely day0F99F72A-C4AB-4C18-8DC6-CAE6535A49E8.thumb.jpeg.4c9cd9117ec26c347a2590ba17070b66.jpeg

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'll join in with the birthday good wishes for Pauline and hope you both enjoy the celebrations, despite other non joyous events in your family, no doubt still very much in the forefront of your minds @grapau27 

In the spirit of many of your posts which I enjoy, here's my yesterday's lunch at our favourite restaurant. It was belly pork, from which I had taken a delicious mouthful before deciding on a photo ☺️

PXL_20240312_124455313.thumb.jpg.fc7237de047dac98e2fe0e0e333f2141.jpg

3 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

A very provocative sky this morning... 50 shades of grey! 

It's currently 11˚C and the forecast for later is a tad windy. The first excitement today is a small supplementary grocery shop... cupboard essentials that we keep in "just in case"... just can't have too many cans of mushy peas.... How the retired live between cruises!

A Very Happy Birthday to Pauline...

DSC_7676.thumb.jpeg.a93de62f86af879fde48523d8bbc6646.jpeg

And... Best Wishes to all... 

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Wishing Pauline a Happy Birthday

images.jpg

3 hours ago, kalos said:

better still sing ..

From us cheers 😄😄😄

3 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

A very happy birthday to Pauline have a great day.🎂

3 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Happy Birthday Pauline! Have a lovely day! 🎂💐

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

A very Happy Birthday to Pauline, wishing her a wonderful day on which I'm sure she'll quite rightly be spoiled rotten!  

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nice start here but rain forecast, we have friends visiting today who we met on a cruise many moons ago.

Happy Birthday Pauline. have a good one,

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We'll echo that one  🙂

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

@grapau27

A Very Happy  Birthday  to Pauline💐

She shares the day with my lovely sister who is also celebrating today.

Avril

Thank you my nice friends for all of your lovely birthday wishes for Pauline.

We had a nice lunch 

Salmon sandwichs and steak sandwich.

IMG_20240313_122303.jpg

IMG_20240313_122051.jpg

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Maybe because it's completely unnecessary and nothing to be gained by doing so?

Here is the news: young lady is unwell and requires medical intervention. Rightly she asks for privacy. Who amongst us would like our private medical details exposed to all? 

Let's be honest, you can't even access your own partner or other family members' medical records without express written permission, not even if a person is in hospital and unable to communicate. You need to fill in an access form and it goes in your records.  The newspapers and media seem to be saying that shouldn't apply to the Princess of Wales or even the King.

I wonder how those journalists and commentators would feel if any Tom, Dick or Harry could ask to see their private medical information.

I don’t want to know her medical details - they should be kept private of course. 
I have no views about the photo being edited. I edit my photos to the extent that I adjust the exposure or brilliance. But I don’t manipulate the actual composition and just wonder why on earth they did that! Seems a stupid thing to do, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

My first and last words on the Royal photo Sue: Thankfully it looks as though the story is now today's chip paper! Other stories seem to have taken over - thank goodness. I am a Royalist but I don't think this fiasco has been handled particularly well. I wonder if the RF is missing the wise guiding hand of our late Queen. They all seem to be cast adrift at the moment. Either way, I wish Catherine well and hope we soon see her again as the huge asset she is to the RF.

Just wait a few months and it will all be forgotten - especially when the big orange bouffant becomes Pres of the USA again. Then the red tops will really have something to write about! Be afraid, be very afraid.

Have a good day Sue.  Jane xx

Thank you Jane, I’ve just got home from a manic morning at work and booked the Beach House for my upcoming cruise 😁

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Do we know which company it was, Intercruises or Eavesway?

It was Eavesway, haven’t seen anything else about it, I’m gutted for them.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

But I don’t manipulate the actual composition and just wonder why on earth they did that! Seems a stupid thing to do, 

Not to her it didn't 😉  70701-e1523557-d358-4df3-892e-d957f4c00201.jpg.addd6e1ebbf287fbc46bbc2e2d409edb.jpg

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I don’t want to know her medical details - they should be kept private of course. 
I have no views about the photo being edited. I edit my photos to the extent that I adjust the exposure or brilliance. But I don’t manipulate the actual composition and just wonder why on earth they did that! Seems a stupid thing to do, 

I appreciate you personally do not want to know her medical details, but unfortunately the newspapers and news outlets most certainly do.  I'd guess the photograph was released to stop some of the ridiculous speculation and probably was picked hastily. With all that's going on with the family at present that's hardly surprising to be honest.

Manipulation of photographs ... unless the suggestion is that Catherine or someone else wasn't in the original picture then we seem to be talking about what you or I would call editing, most likely to make the photograph look nice.  I was very interested to know what "manipulation" means to the press agencies and found this item on entries for the Worldpress Photo of the Year competition.  It's fascinating reading in light of what's going on, although I doubt Prince William was intending to enter his family snap into such a competition. 

https://www.worldpressphoto.org/contest/2024/verification-process/what-counts-as-manipulation

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

I just wish that everyone, the press and people on social media including on this forum would leave Catherine alone. The Palace first announced that she was undergoing an operation and will be away from carrying out public duties until Easter. That is all we need to know!

• Like 11