P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Avril have you thought about Saga Cruises, much more expensive than P an O but more up market, prices include home pick up and insurance on the love!y smaller adult on!y ships.I think you would love them.

I was surprised with what the included insurance would cover, we used them last year and are booked for this and next year.

They suit us fine since we no longer wish to fly to join our favourite line Azamara

I did look into them but I think the maximum distance for free pick up was 200 miles and roughly calculated the were further away than that.

Avril

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

However for fun I have put together a rain related playlist to add to my phone. 🤣

1. Here comes the rain again - The Eurythmics

This is one of Michelle's many misheard lyrics... 

She often wondered who 'Lorraine' was😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics went to my grammar school in Sunderland.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I did look into them but I think the maximum distance for free pick up was 200 miles and roughly calculated the were further away than that.

Avril

Not any more Avril, it is 300 miles this year and unlimited in 2025 for shared pick up, usually 2 couples max.

We are further away than you and ours is included this year.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I loved Desmond Deckers "my ears are alight".

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It's changing now.

For 2024 cruises it's a private car up to 75 miles of the port each way or a shared chauffeur service up to 300 miles.

For 2025 cruises it's up to 75 miles of the port each way or a shared chauffeur service nationwide.

But we don't think that they do all of the islands.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

It's changing now.

For 2024 cruises it's a private car up to 75 miles of the port each way or a shared chauffeur service up to 300 miles.

For 2025 cruises it's up to 75 miles of the port each way or a shared chauffeur service nationwide.

But we don't think that they do all of the islands.

Correct, excludes places like the Isle of Man and other off shore Islands

• Like 1

Good morning.

It is a lot milder 12°C and sunny here.

Our tree man came yesterday and trimmed all of our conifers in our back and front garden.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

• Like 7

Good morning everyone.

"No wind, no rain..." ( another rain song- ish) just 12c and looking to be a good day here.

I'm a bit late with this this but @indiana123 I hope all goes well today - best of luck for a successful outcome that will hopefully alleviate some pain for you.

A week on from my tumble and I'm out walking again (albeit with great care). Ted is furious! His week off is ended and I know some of you won't believe this but he's actually sulking at having to go out more often.

If anyone's still watching The Apprentice it's interviews night tonight - watch the wannabes get torn to shreds. Love it.

i hope everyone has a good day. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 13

@indiana123 good luck today!

@Beckett poor Ted. Freddie suggests he dives into a something yucky then he might not be taken out again for a few days 🐶🤣.
Glad you feeling better tho Jane.

The weather is looking more optimistic in the south for the next week or so, but I note it has now just started to drizzle…..

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Beckett said:

If anyone's still watching The Apprentice it's interviews night tonight - watch the wannabes get torn to shreds. Love it.

We have been watching, tonight will be the time to face Claude and see their plans ripped apart, most of them in this series have not impressed me at all I would have fired more each show, but that would have left a gap in the schedules for few weeks. 😂

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good morning everyone.

"No wind, no rain..." ( another rain song- ish) just 12c and looking to be a good day here.

I'm a bit late with this this but @indiana123 I hope all goes well today - best of luck for a successful outcome that will hopefully alleviate some pain for you.

A week on from my tumble and I'm out walking again (albeit with great care). Ted is furious! His week off is ended and I know some of you won't believe this but he's actually sulking at having to go out more often.

i hope everyone has a good day. Be well. Jane xx

Take care Jane.

I'm pleased to hear you are out walking again.

Maybe carry a few treats in your pocket for Ted for when you are out walking.

Best wishes.

Graham xx

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

Morning 13.c tipped to reach18.c for us today,so not too bad .

Hope all goes well for @indiana123  today 🙂

Hope Jane enjoys her TV show .

I was once asked in an interview if I could perform under pressure.

I said I'm not sure but I can definitely perform "another one bites the dust" 🙃😉

Have a good day everyone 😀

• Haha 12

Good news Jane (except for lazy Teddy, of course)

@indiana123 - hope you got some sleep in your expensive hotel room.  Perhaps you’re already asleep again and undergoing the procedure?  Very best wishes for that.  Constant pain is so terribly draining and disruptive 

It’s a bit drier and milder here.  We’re off to the caravan for a few days, so we’ll have a change of scene, at the very least

• Like 11

After the strong wind, heavy rain and sea causing flooding of a couple of days ago, today has dawned bright, warm and fairly calm. Hopefully it will remain the same later as we hope to be able to sit outside with a drink or two with friends.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We have been watching, tonight will be the time to face Claude and see their plans ripped apart, most of them in this series have not impressed me at all I would have fired more each show, but that would have left a gap in the schedules for few weeks. 😂

I agree Snow Hill. If these are the best of the best, I despair of our future business world. Love Claude! Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Good news Jane (except for lazy Teddy, of course)

@indiana123 - hope you got some sleep in your expensive hotel room.  Perhaps you’re already asleep again and undergoing the procedure?  Very best wishes for that.  Constant pain is so terribly draining and disruptive 

It’s a bit drier and milder here.  We’re off to the caravan for a few days, so we’ll have a change of scene, at the very least

I hope you have a lovely time at the caravan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dull, damp and overcast.  Following on from the rainy day music, I'm opting for a top 10 of sunny songs as I live in hope, but number 10 currently sums this morning up!

Mr Blue Sky - ELO

Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Sunshine Day - Obisida

Sunshine Superman - Donovan

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves

Blackhole Sun - Soundgarden

Sun is Shining - Bob Marley

Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks

Paper Sun - Traffic

Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers

Glad to hear the wounded are on the mend and fingers crossed for Indiana for a successful pain relief treatment.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Dull, damp and overcast.  Following on from the rainy day music, I'm opting for a top 10 of sunny songs as I live in hope, but number 10 currently sums this morning up!

Mr Blue Sky - ELO

Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Sunshine Day - Obisida

Sunshine Superman - Donovan

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves

Blackhole Sun - Soundgarden

Sun is Shining - Bob Marley

Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks

Paper Sun - Traffic

Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers

Glad to hear the wounded are on the mend and fingers crossed for Indiana for a successful pain relief treatment.

Lovely list @Megabear2. I remember them all! Jane xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is a lot milder 12°C and sunny here.

Our tree man came yesterday and trimmed all of our conifers in our back and front garden.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Sorry but it is not a a good time of the year to trim trees, we never touch ours until we are sure the young birds have flow the nests.

Autumn is the best time anyway to cut back the Summer growth and any dead wood

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1