P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Got our annual travel renewal insurance quote this morning and was fearing

the worst due to the claim we made for Mrs K on the Azura last year and 

increases due to inflation etc.

Was very surprised when the price came in almost £5 less than last years price.

Going on how we were treated when we needed to use them , think we will stay

put 🙂

• Like 14

14c bright with a light breeze here at the moment.

Getting ready to spend 4 days watching the Masters golf, like tennis I only watch the major tournaments but love it when they are on, part of my sporting year. However I need to contact Sky to go through the 18 month charade of getting their renewal price down, it’s very annoying, I’ve been with them for 32 years and they have VIP this and that but not on renewal price for loyalty.

I accessed my blood test results online yesterday for statin lipids, liver and kidney analysis and all is ok apart from slightly low sodium and high 2.3 mmol hdl (good) cholesterol.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

We have been watching, tonight will be the time to face Claude and see their plans ripped apart, most of them in this series have not impressed me at all I would have fired more each show, but that would have left a gap in the schedules for few weeks. 😂

Today the weather is fine... 12˚C and overcast... we have a Heron sky... a grey sky... not just any grey.... but a true grey-grey... the purest, unblemished, undifferentiated grey. (idea pinched from Black Adder)

Keenly awaiting to find out tonight which of the Apprentice potential titans of industry and commerce with their global ambitions just about to be realised with an influx of capital...

Can; 1) do sums, 2) understand accounts and 3) tell the difference between fact and fiction.  (The "prize" is almost enough to put a deposit on a bed-sit in some parts of London... or alternatively buy a few dilapidated lock-up garages in the outer suburbs.) 

Perhaps the winner's plan is compete with the five star "Milliways Restaurant" better known as the Restaurant at the End of the Universe...  Bet that some of the "business plans" are less realistic!

Hope all are well

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Sorry but it is not a a good time of the year to trim trees, we never touch ours until we are sure the young birds have flow the nests.

Autumn is the best time anyway to cut back the Summer growth and any dead wood

It was only our conifers that were trimmed.

Screenshot_20240411_102544.jpg

Screenshot_20240411_102608.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20240411_102544.jpg

Screenshot_20240411_102608.jpg

That's has maybe still say it should not be done in nesting time, plenty of time before August, not just my opinion shared by the R S P B.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

That's has maybe I still say it should not be done in nesting time, plenty of time before August, not just my opinion shared by the R S P B.

No need for the capital's. I have my opinion you are entitled to yours.

Edited by Bloodaxe

17 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

That's has maybe still say it should not be done in nesting time, plenty of time before August, not just my opinion shared by the R S P B.

The sides just have a tiny bit taken off.

It is the tops which are over 15 feet high that are trimmed.

The birds nest inside the conifers are unaffected.

I am very bird friendly and we have numerous varieties of birds in our back garden and the conifers are a big source of food like aphids etc

Screenshot_20210908_202452.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I am very bird friendly and we have numerous varieties of birds in our back garden and the conifers are a big source of food like aphids etc

That's fine but the Birds are still going to be affected if sitting on eggs or feeding young, no offence intended Graham just my thoughts, pleased that you care for the birds has we do.

Edited by Bloodaxe

14 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Any songs for fog? Can just make out my neighbours & st Just has completely vanished now! 

Now that's a hard one ,can't think of any ,must be my brain fog 🙃😉

Oh yes just remembered two horrible songs by Kate Bush  and Radiohead..

Think they were called ..Fog 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Any songs for fog? Can just make out my neighbours & st Just has completely vanished now! 

I can see clearly that Levant has gone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Is the folk song ‘One misty moisty morning’ acceptable?

• Like 2

Hello all, I'm late today.

We've been taking advantage of the the lovely weather and I have 3 loads of washing gently blowing in the sunshine. Frank has trimmed the front hedge and cut the front lawn. I've transplanted the Geranium cuttings into  peat pots and now we're having some lunch. 

I remember when we would be busy in the garden all day, but now we have to pace ourselves and do a little each day. I'm just thankful we can still do it.

I hope @indiana123 is getting on alright.

Enjoy the lovely day and look forward to another one tomorrow. Sorry @Caullkhead

Avril

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

We also had thick fog here in Polzeath this morning. It’s now cleared, but still very grey and gloomy. Sunshine is promised for tomorrow and it’s looking much better for next week too. Just hope the forecast is right for a change! 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Our last house had a conifer hedge and in the 40 years we lived there we never had any birds nesting in it, we often had blackbirds nesting in the hawthorn hedge, but never the conifer one.

• Like 3

Lovely and warm here, we had our annual trip to Halifax today, we like to see how the Piece Hall is developing and have a good mooch before our morning coffee and cake. All is well.

I stopped off at Sainsbugs in Huddersfield on the way home as their petrol is 138.9/L which is the best around. As we were there we popped into the supermarket as there is always a few bits required. I see they are now pulling the same stunt as Tesco and over inflating prices to then reduce them by using the nectar app. Since retirement we are much more aware of prices and who has the better offers and I will definitely not be using Sainsbugs for anything other than fuel. I usually moan about th'ASDA prices when we do our once a month shop there but by gum they beat Sainsbugs hands down on our usual purchases.

So nice we sat out earlier in nice sun prior to a stroll, the fields are far too wet to walk at the moment, some of the lanes and paths are tricky but the sun and gentle breeze seems to be helping.

Best wishes for @indiana123 hopefully a positive post soon.

Keeping up with bacon and weather themes currently airing.

Cartoon ID: toon-2028

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

We have a large Red Robin hedge at the front of the house which we have cut in February and September.  I used to worry about birds nesting in it - we had blackbirds the first few times - but sadly as we live on a main road they all got killed every time. I therefore made the decision to actively discourage them and I'm pleased to say they've moved to the back garden and every year they nest in our neighbours holly tree but use our water features for baths and drinks, for us the best of both worlds.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Beautiful shades of green, it looks very restful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Our last house had a conifer hedge and in the 40 years we lived there we never had any birds nesting in it, we often had blackbirds nesting in the hawthorn hedge, but never the conifer one.

Robins, Blackbirds and Sparrows are regular nesting in ours well way from the house.

It's very dense and helps to protect them from the Sparrow hawk and Magpie.

Edited by Bloodaxe