P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I only really like temperatures between 18 and 24, so most of the time too cold or too hot.  Mostly cold, obviously.

We're all different aren't we? I know sometimes our tolerance to certain temperatures is due to health or medication, but not always. Even as a child I hated the cold and still do   I never understood the enjoyment of playing around in the snow. 🥶                                     

I wonder if it has anything to do with our ancestry. If you like the cold then you may have Norwegian (Viking) ancestors for instance🤔

No,probably not😏, but I'm just relaxing and lounging around musing about anything and nothing.

I hope everyone has had a lovely day.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We're all different aren't we? I know sometimes our tolerance to certain temperatures is due to health or medication,

As you say we are all different, I didn't mind working/walking in hot sunny weather 

but never liked laying out in it .

Mrs K loved been laid out in the sun for hours but medication put an end to that for her.

I have discovered that there is 3 ways to measure temperatures and you can also buy 

ready cooked chicken by using K-F-C   🙃😉

• Haha 7

49 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We're all different aren't we? I know sometimes our tolerance to certain temperatures is due to health or medication, but not always. Even as a child I hated the cold and still do   I never understood the enjoyment of playing around in the snow. 🥶                                     

I wonder if it has anything to do with our ancestry. If you like the cold then you may have Norwegian (Viking) ancestors for instance🤔

No,probably not😏, but I'm just relaxing and lounging around musing about anything and nothing.

I hope everyone has had a lovely day.

Avril

Yeah sis but didn't, most of them buy holiday homes in Normandy,bro 

• Like 1

Today got my text from the pharmacy to collect prescription didn't read it .Just turned up at pharmacy to be greeted have you got your code off text no I replied I didn't have phone with me .Prescription now dispensed from what I would call a vending machine. What next! ,Had to return home to get code 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Good Morning Campers

I hope you all slept well in the heat. I did - but then I watched England before I went to bed so I was half asleep anyway. Oh dear - what a snooze-fest. I still have hope - those three subs looked as though they actually wanted to be there. Please Gareth give them some more time at the next match. Right, enough. No more football talk.

Glastonbury starts today. Oh no, not for me. I like my home comforts too much. I mean, where do you plug in your hair-dryer? 

I hope you all have a good day. Stay cool in the high temperatures. Be careful and be well. Jane xx

• Like 12

A beautiful sunny morning here, it is currently 16° and predicted to get up to 27° this afternoon so I need to get out and do everything that requires me to be outside before it gets too warm.  I put a load of washing in overnight so that is already out on the line.

I got a top and cotton trousers out of the wardrobe and realised that they both still had laundry tags on from the last cruise.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Bin man said:

Today got my text from the pharmacy to collect prescription didn't read it .Just turned up at pharmacy to be greeted have you got your code off text no I replied I didn't have phone with me .Prescription now dispensed from what I would call a vending machine. What next! ,Had to return home to get code 

How does it ?  My husband has a carrier bag with his prescriptions because he has so many items, I only ever have 1 item so get a little paper bag.  I can see mine would be ok but do people like my husband get a dozen separate codes.

• Like 5

Morning all

I think this is the last of the really hot days; seems daft to complain for months about bad weather & then say that the temperature is hard to deal with but here we are.  As others have said, I think 20-22 is the optimum for most Brits

The best comment I’ve seen on the football was from a cricket fan - “Don’t let an England football fan tell you test cricket is boring, ever again”

Have a nice day.  Take care in the sun

• Haha 10

Morning to you all.

A lovely sunny afternoon yesterday in the low 20s, but it's foggy so far today. It's expected to clear up and be a nice warm sunny day  again in the low 20s.

Meeting a couple of friends this morning for a cuppa and a chat before one sets sail on Ventura at the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays cool. Take care.

• Like 8

Good morning.

It is 13°C and misty here.

I also thought the match was boring with so many sideways and back passes.

It is so easy for opposition coaches to read our tactics and get their players to push well forward and pressure our defenders who made several mistakes last night.

I hope everyone is well and we all stay cool in this humid weather.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Bin man said:

Wouldn’t be enough room at my local pharmacy for such a machine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Wouldn’t be enough room at my local pharmacy for such a machine. 

Ours are packed into weekly flexi packs and then sent by van to our house so 

even if they did get a vending machine ...

But wait !!!!!!!!!   They could always knock on the door and say .." Code please "😬

• Haha 3

Morning,

Currently 21C with light cloud and a SE breeze.

Just been up to greenhouse where temperature is 31C, overnight it had dropped to 16C. I swear the tomatoes have grown 6 inches in last 24 hours, perhaps I will sit and watch them next time an England Game is on, might be more interesting.😂

Slept reasonably well given it was a warm night, just using a cotton sheet to cover us, plus we had the fan on timed which kept us cool so we could get off to sleep. 

Today not a lot planned given temperature expected to hit 28C this afternoon, but I have some jobs to do in the garage which tends to be cool given it’s shaded in part by trees, so I might do some of those this morning.

• Like 5

It is warming up nicely here after a misty start. Forecast to be the hottest day of the year today. We went to Barnsley this morning for breakfast and a few items from the supermarket.

It wasn't too bad temp wise last night with the windows open and a light bed cover.

I didn't think England played too badly yesterday as it was clear that Slovenia were playing for a draw to qualify as a best third place and just out to frustrate, which they seem quite good at. Roll on Sunday, you have to be in it to win it.

• Like 4