P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Not a bad start to today weather wise after several days of murky damp weather. Not long to Crimbo now and things are looking a bit better in the world of covid with treatments becoming available for those who don't benefit from the jabs, plus a few pointers that Omigod may not be the monster feared. Less chance of restrictions over Christmas. We had a little soiree with friends last evening which was very nice, can't beat a vol au vent  and a glass of wine. 

Mrs YP is hoping for a white Christmas, however I would much prefer red. Have a good day folks.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

A66B7ED2-E29D-4591-A25B-7309D55E3D71.thumb.jpeg.e6950b1753ed6dce7c5b1790372b376b.jpeg

I would have said less, it's the opposite of more,but what do I know.The quirkiness of the English language.I blame Norway,Denmark,Germany,Italy and lastest and not leastest bloody France.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A very still, quiet and dull day down here.

My niece's wedding today, but we are not attending as it is in Sicily. 

I'm going to have a day of baking and present wrapping. Well that is my plan!

Hope everyone who has been poorly is feeling better and recovering well.

Stay safe.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I would have said less, it's the opposite of more,but what do I know.The quirkiness of the English language.I blame Norway,Denmark,Germany,Italy and lastest and not leastest bloody France.

The simple way to know which to use: if you can count it use fewer, if not use less.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well this thread took some catching up on, you have been a chatty lot.

I paid a lovely surprise visit with my friend yesterday(after a negative LFT) who I last saw February 2020. We have face-timed, but it's not the same. Her DIL picked me up in the morning and took me through. She was absolutely shocked when I walked in and we cried and hugged for ages. We've known each other for over 40 years and we're more like sisters than friends. I think it was made more emotional for us because over the last 18 months she's been seriously ill with her kidneys, having to be hospitalised a few times, and I've been unable to visit her. We laughed and chatted , had a light lunch together and the hours flew by. Just for a while things seemed normal again.

Graham, be a good lad while you're grounded and best wishes for your op on Christmas Eve.

For all those helping with the vaccination programme in any capacity, Thank You x.  Although it may seem like a thankless task sometimes, there are many thousands that appreciate the sterling work you're doing to defeat this virus, and to help restore some form of 'normality' in our lives again.

Not much to do today, I've a Morrison's delivery this afternoon but that's all, so a lazy day is in the offing  for me.

Stay safe everyone and take care.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well this thread took some catching up on, you have been a chatty lot.

I paid a lovely surprise visit with my friend yesterday(after a negative LFT) who I last saw February 2020. We have face-timed, but it's not the same. Her DIL picked me up in the morning and took me through. She was absolutely shocked when I walked in and we cried and hugged for ages. We've known each other for over 40 years and we're more like sisters than friends. I think it was made more emotional for us because over the last 18 months she's been seriously ill with her kidneys, having to be hospitalised a few times, and I've been unable to visit her. We laughed and chatted , had a light lunch together and the hours flew by. Just for a while things seemed normal again.

Graham, be a good lad while you're grounded and best wishes for your op on Christmas Eve.

For all those helping with the vaccination programme in any capacity, Thank You x.  Although it may seem like a thankless task sometimes, there are many thousands that appreciate the sterling work you're doing to defeat this virus, and to help restore some form of 'normality' in our lives again.

Not much to do today, I've a Morrison's delivery this afternoon but that's all, so a lazy day is in the offing  for me.

Stay safe everyone and take care.

Avril

Thank you Avril.

I am pleased to hear you were able to have a meet up with a good friend after almost 2 years.

It is 2°C and cloudy today.

I have my pre-op covid swab at the hospital drive through at 1pm today.

If it is negative the hospital will contact me on the 23rd with admission details for Christmas Eve.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Loved the final

Felt really sad for AJ - she spoke really well and seems a lovely lady

I wanted Rose to win for a while now and was delighted for her

But the boys would have been worthy winners as well and were brilliant 

Only thing that upset me was both couples not getting 40 for their first dances as well

What could they have done better?

I said to my wife at the end that I reckon Johannes is the best dancer I've ever seen

Hope he's in the show again next series.  Truly incredible dancer. 

Would pay to watch him dance

Johannes is due to tour his first dance show next Spring. I believe it is titled "Freedom".

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Booked a code with Boots over the weekend to pick up LFT locally,not a chance,none delivered to any stores.Same with .GOV website.Waste of time,we're all doomed.

I didn't have a problem with the gov.website bro. I ordered online Wednesday and it was delivered on Friday.

Sis

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I didn't have a problem with the gov.website bro. I ordered online Wednesday and it was delivered on Friday.

Sis

Cheers sis,3 mins after I posted my OH got an email saying delivery slots now available with 3 day delivery.You beat me to it b4 my update,lol.bro.

• Like 1

Still very grey here but a little bit lighter. Brother has arrived with a case of champagne - Tescos he said apologetically but as I said - who cares? The low riders have already been out twice and despite much dachsie eye rolling Brother remains unconcerned and about 3pm he says he is going out for a wander in Wells with them. They will never forgive me!! I am knocking up a chateaubriand (spelling) for our tea. Tomorrow he has surprised me with a visit to Morston Hall and then Thursday to a restaurant in Holt started by the previous head chef at Morston Hall. Excellent.

I filled in the P&O post cruise survey - no negatives essentially just saying I added on things to make it fit me. 3 calls today must have struck a note. Doubt it is more than a PR call.

Emma

Edited by ccpm

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers sis,3 mins after I posted my OH got an email saying delivery slots now available with 3 day delivery.You beat me to it b4 my update,lol.bro.

We are down to our last 2 boxes, so just ordered another one, just incase there is an LFT crisis debacle. This should see us through to February when they won't be needed any more.🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Still very grey here but a little bit lighter. Brother has arrived with a case of champagne - Tescos he said apologetically but as I said - who cares? The low riders have already been out twice and despite much dachsie eye rolling Brother remains unconcerned and about 3pm he says he is going out for a wander in Wells with them. They will never forgive me!! I am knocking up a chateaubriand (spelling) for our tea. 

I filled in the P&O post cruise survey - no negatives essentially just saying I added on things to make it fit me. 3 calls today must have struck a note. Doubt it is more than a PR call.

Emma

Blimey,how the other half live.One of the best steaks in the world "knocked up for our tea".Only joking ,enjoy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

We are down to our last 2 boxes, so just ordered another one, just incase there is an LFT crisis debacle. This should see us through to February when they won't be needed any more.🤣

They were almost throwing them at people on a table outside our Sainsbury a few weeks ago.Now we need them,lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, brian1 said:

They were almost throwing them at people on a table outside our Sainsbury a few weeks ago.Now we need them,lol.

When we went to Guildford to get our 2nd jabs the NHS lady outside Superdrug gave me 6 boxes. I was waiting outside Sainsbury for DW and folk kept asking if I was handing them out, can they have a couple. I politely told them ' P off they are mine, get your own '. We were going to give them away as Christmas presents, but kept them for ourselves. Bah, humbug, get your own.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When we went to Guildford to get our 2nd jabs the NHS lady outside Superdrug gave me 6 boxes. I was waiting outside Sainsbury for DW and folk kept asking if I was handing them out, can they have a couple. I politely told them ' P off they are mine, get your own '. We were going to give them away as Christmas presents, but kept them for ourselves. Bah, humbug, get your own.

See what it does to people.Some will say it's all a conspiracy to keep down the peasants.

• Haha 3

At home right now we've started watching Landscapers on Sky

Anybody else seen it yet?

True crime story from Mansfield 

Brilliantly made and incredible acting. One of the best things I've seen on TV for a long time

Olivia Colman is superb in it

Also the female detective is brilliant

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Booked a code with Boots over the weekend to pick up LFT locally,not a chance,none delivered to any stores.Same with .GOV website.Waste of time,we're all doomed.

Ordered some on Sunday from NHS website, arrived this morning 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Blimey,how the other half live.One of the best steaks in the world "knocked up for our tea".Only joking ,enjoy.

Oooh no sorry. Are myself and brother the other half? I accept the joke but blimey we came from a very poor background. Our family lived on a council estate, it was our parents who saw education as the way forward , a way they didn't have access to as one was too ill (I taught my Mum to read and write when she was 30) and my father came from a family too poor for him to do secondary education. They were both determined that their kids would have every chance and they gave it to us at a high cost to them. Brother and I may be I suppose considered as well off now but we value every penny of it and our parents hardship in giving it to us and ensured our Dad wanted for nothing. Sadly Mum died young. We take every opportunity to give back and ensure in Brother's case his kids got no easy ride taking family money for granted. Sorry if this sounds waspish but not everyone with money was born into the silver spoon and it cuts deep with me.

Lost interest in the Chateaubriand now we have booked an indian takeaway.

Ccpm - I don't think that Brian was having "a go " at all. He was probably a bit jealous, if anything, like I was !

The point he was making, I think, is that as chateaubriand is such a great cut of meat, is there really anything to "knock up" other than perhaps a sauce ? No offence was intended.

If you are not now having the steak, could you send  it up to Lincolnshire !

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Ccpm - I don't think that Brian was having "a go " at all. He was probably a bit jealous, if anything, like I was !

The point he was making, I think, is that as chateaubriand is such a great cut of meat, is there really anything to "knock up" other than perhaps a sauce ? No offence was intended.

If you are not now having the steak, could you send  it up to Lincolnshire !

We are working class so will just knock up a couple of Lobsters. They go down quite nicely with a couple of bottles of Chablis. Proper lobsters, not those New England things. Glorified prawns they are.🤣

• Haha 1

I see that the Gov have updated the colour coded map of the UK council areas showing the case rate of covid, the highest category was 800+ per 100,000 now 1600 !!

Interactive map of cases | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Good news is that my son visiting us for Christmas has gone to our local walk in clinic for his booster and with minimal queue has got it done. It's a relief because if he was to book he didn't know where or when to book for, as he is out of his normal area.