P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Another very grey day today and apparently no low rider dog worth its salt wishes to leave the fireside. Myself neither so we have trotted round the garden and admired the wall so far and I have cast a leg of lamb into the oven. The next few days after Shepherds pie tomorrow will be asking Google what can I make this into? The dogs feel this is absolute foolishness as they can deal with it no worries.

Local Xmas events seem to have started getting cancelled. Thursfords have ended all their shows and a couple of local things have also gone. Good job I'm TV and DVD ready and my kindle is fully loaded.

Just have to wait and see.

Emma

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Emma - I think I posted this just as you were boarding for your cruise.

As the saying goes - I saw this and thought of you

5C60CEA8-FAEF-4AC7-859A-FB97637ECE28.thumb.jpeg.26c1fb4959b41471e6e29b130b17e097.jpeg

Oh my word that has had me rolling round the kitchen totally cracking up. My low riders are wires (think Maisie who won Crufts and celebrated by doing a No 2 in the ring), but I love them all such great characters. 

25 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Just asking the experts here I love writing things is there any point in my writing up my first time experience of using CPS? 

Firsthand reports always go down well - I’d say it would be very welcome.  And there are a lot of new cruisers around now who’d probably particularly appreciate it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ccpm said:

Another very grey day today and apparently no low rider dog worth its salt wishes to leave the fireside. Myself neither so we have trotted round the garden and admired the wall

Some were out making todays news and turning a few heads :classic_love:

https://news.sky.com/story/dachshund-through-the-snow-sausage-dogs-enjoy-annual-christmas-fancy-dress-walk-in-londons-hyde-park-12500136

Had a quick look at the link there is a wire haired dachsie in the last picture who isn't name checked. I have brought it to the attention of my lazy arsed trio but they just raised an eyebrow and rolled over back to sleep. They may have their come uppance tomorrow as my brother is passing by and he is planning to do part of the coastal walk in the afternoon, just because he can (madman) and by that he means with company and that is not me. Plus he needs to stay here until Thursday as he has "stuff" locally which I know means a client has expressed their displeasure that he has retired and 'want' him. Don't care I love him here. He doesn't speak much but is great fun and he loves cruising.

5 hours ago, ccpm said:

Just asking the experts here I love writing things is there any point in my writing up my first time experience of using CPS? 

Why would you ask? 

My take is that they are expensive, the wait time at the terminal can be lengthy when boarding (nothing to do with CPS,  but everyone wants to get on board as early as possible in order to get to the buffet) but they are great when you disembark- 5 minutes from collecting your luggage to driving away.

So, what was your experience? 

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

Warning.

Heads up for you folks.

McVitie's have warned of a possible biscuit shortage for Christmas. Must panic buy a few cases tomorrow. If you don't you must be crackers🦃🤔

A typical ploy:

1) Make too many biscuits

2) Warehouse still has too many biscuits with risk of going stale

3) Generate a shortage story to boost sales without need for discounting

I am not suggesting such a reputable maker of delicious biscuits would do this though 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning hope everyone's ok :classic_smile:

Anyone going for the BIG  Christmas shop yet ? We will be having ours delivered .

Before the days of delivery and the shops used to close one day for Christmas ,I 

hated that shop day with a vengeance. There I would be with a few bits in my trolley 

behind a half mile queue to the check out . I used to end up more often than not behind 

the family with two trolley's filled to the brim so much that the ten family packs of crisp

keep falling off onto the floor ,the woman is freaking (nice word see below :classic_wink:) out and

snapping at the husband "..Well hold them on" and telling the kids to put the 15 selection

boxes back they have just picked up . Dad meanwhile is arguing with the wife that the 

six tins of McVitie's  biscuits they have could not possibly last, reminding her the shops 

will be closed for one whole day :classic_unsure: The only person that seemed happy was the assistant 

manager walking up and down the queue with a bowl of cheap boiled sweets asking if 

you would like one ? Happy day's eh ? :classic_wacko:

Whatever your up to guys keep safe and as promised  ..Freakings  :classic_unsure::classic_wink::classic_love:

:classic_smile:    Freakings  :classic_smile:

freakings.jpg.72bbe8edc701cea23fb93beae160233d.jpg

• Haha 9

36 minutes ago, pete14 said:

A typical ploy:

1) Make too many biscuits

2) Warehouse still has too many biscuits with risk of going stale

3) Generate a shortage story to boost sales without need for discounting

I am not suggesting such a reputable maker of delicious biscuits would do this though 😉

Many years ago my friend worked in sales for an exotic tinned food supplier. He tried to start a rumour of a shortage of ants in aspic jelly. It didn't work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Why would you ask? 

My take is that they are expensive, the wait time at the terminal can be lengthy when boarding (nothing to do with CPS,  but everyone wants to get on board as early as possible in order to get to the buffet) but they are great when you disembark- 5 minutes from collecting your luggage to driving away.

So, what was your experience? 

Good point decided I won't do it but it was a different experience for me as I have never driven to a cruise and it wasn't just pull up at terminal as I have seen when arriving by bus and noted the queue.

Edited by ccpm

11 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Good point decided I won't do it. 

Why do they always park my car the farthest away as possible ?. On RCI and X cruises I can park myself, always near to the terminal. It always rains with P&O when we get back.🤔

• Like 1

Visit from the police yesterday evening asking for the CCTV footage of the suspects involved in my neighbour’s burglary, I had already downloaded it and saved it, so easy to pass across. Appears burglar left a couple of good footprints outside door, no fingerprints as wearing latex gloves. 

Appears that there were at least 2 other burglaries and one attempted break in the early hours of Saturday, I hear that the attempted break-in in failed after the burglar was confronted by the homeowner wielding a 7 iron. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree, pure selfishness.

There was no signs up to say wear masks and no tannoy messages either.

There were a few staff on the shop floor also not wearing masks.

I have to go to the hospital covid test site tomorrow for a swab before my BCC op on Christmas Eve so I am in isolation now till the op.

I hope all goes well tomorrow and that your op goes well on Christmas Eve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree, pure selfishness.

There was no signs up to say wear masks and no tannoy messages either.

There were a few staff on the shop floor also not wearing masks.

I have to go to the hospital covid test site tomorrow for a swab before my BCC op on Christmas Eve so I am in isolation now till the op.

I hope all goes well tomorrow and then on Christmas Eve. X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1