P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Anyone fancy a drive to Shropshire to see what the future looks like ?

I would have loved to have a drive down to see what's going of but the Mrs said 

"Get the Christmas tree out and can you put the fairy on it for me please ?":classic_unsure:

fairy.jpg.c2a35e9693e2bf25d2f2a7b6b7c6afea.jpg

Have a good day everyone and stay safe :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Has anything significant happened since 1972?.

I visited Oswestry fortnightly for the last 10 years or so of my working life. It has the largest cheese packing operation in the country ! 60,000 tonnes a year back then, even more now.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I visited Oswestry fortnightly for the last 10 years or so of my working life. It has the largest cheese packing operation in the country ! 60,000 tonnes a year back then, even more now.

We should be ok for Christmas then. Do they pack a variety of cheeses, or just a singular product?. Every day is a school day on cruise critic. I also seem to recall an ancient earth mound and a tea rooms. As I was 22, I didn't spend much time in the tea rooms, but went to see Edison lighthouse one evening. Interesting place that Oswestry.

As my original post about my visit to Oswestry in my younger formative years seems to have been deleted...............🦃

Edited by zap99

Hello all, I’m afraid my ability to ‘like’ people’s posts again has gone! 
I hope all unwell people are getting better. I’m dreading one of us testing positive and spoiling our family Christmas so I’m laying low too. They’ll be 7 of us including little grandson Christmas Day and that’s it.

I returned to work yesterday, I tried Wednesday but was nervous my voice would hold out. My manager said to leave it another day as if I came back and then went off the next day it would count as two incidents of sickness! 🙄

Fingers crossed we all have a lovely Christmas 🎄 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, I’m afraid my ability to ‘like’ people’s posts again has gone! 
I hope all unwell people are getting better. I’m dreading one of us testing positive and spoiling our family Christmas so I’m laying low too. They’ll be 7 of us including little grandson Christmas Day and that’s it.

I returned to work yesterday, I tried Wednesday but was nervous my voice would hold out. My manager said to leave it another day as if I came back and then went off the next day it would count as two incidents of sickness! 🙄

Fingers crossed we all have a lovely Christmas 🎄 

Hi Sue glad your on the mend :classic_smile: I had that issue with the likes the other day so I logged out

of the site ,hit refresh and logged back in and all was well again on my laptop .

Take care and keep safe :classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hi Sue glad your on the mend :classic_smile: I had that issue with the likes the other day so I logged out

of the site ,hit refresh and logged back in and all was well again on my laptop .

Take care and keep safe :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos. You and Mrs K too.

• Thanks 1

I was having a Christmas meal last night in a local restaurant when suddenly the serviette on my lap burst into song ... 

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping at your nose,
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like eskimos"

Turns out it was Napkin Cole

Just off to get my 🧥 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think there should be a vote recount.

It would be brilliant just to see them  lose twice.:classic_wink:

What, Holland ?. Max got gifted a race win, but although it's quite a nice place, they haven't won much. I think there is a C&A in Amsterdam. A bit early for tulips, but you can get them in Amsterdam and you can get an Orange in a Turkey, but as Orange in the UK is now EE, their future ain't too bright after all.🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Wait until they have a parade just like in Ireland :classic_unsure:

As I haven't got a clue how the subject of Orange got into a discussion about the delights of Shropshire, I will bow out. Is it to do with the colour of the local Cheese. Wowzz knows all about cheese ( and many other things) ?

15 hours ago, delgirl said:

DH came home tonight saying he has been made redundant as of today. They can't afford any wages for last week (works week in hand) this week or xmas. Nice xmas present. Fortunately we have some savings so will be ok hopefully. DH retires in 18 months. Thankfully we have no mortgage as paid off 5 years ago, but can you imagine if we were a young family with no savings and no money coming in over xmas.

What rotten news.  I hope that he can find something else to take him up to his retirement.

19 hours ago, Camberley said:

Thank you. I’ve popped the recipe on my blog. Hope you enjoy making and eating it. https://philshomekitchen.org/2021/12/13/cranachan-roulade/

Thanks for posting the link.  I showed  thr picture to DH who has just told me that I can make one for Christmas instead of having a stodgy Christmas pudding.

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks for posting the link.  I showed  thr picture to DH who has just told me that I can make one for Christmas instead of having a stodgy Christmas pudding.

Oh it’s a nice, quirky alternative to Xmas pud I think. I hope you enjoy it

• Like 1

I was planning a quiet relaxing day today after helping out at a different vaccine clinic than my usual one yesterday where we had 1100 customers and knowing that I will have long days tomorrow and Sunday and 8 to 4:30 on Christmas Eve at my usual clinic.  It is not looking so good now.

I just got back from the hairdressers and a stroll past the shops and my sister texted me that she will be calling round later with presents.

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

My husband had to go to Shrewsbury on Wednesday and remarked in the evening that it was distinctly orange there, and he doesn’t normally notice things like that! So not surprised. 

Was he standing too close to the fake tan salon?.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

You could put it in an oatcake?

Ive had to come up to Stoke to look after my mum whilst my dad was in hospital. He's on his way home now and he's craving bacon and cheese oatcakes and a mince pie lol. Which as reminded me to check the opening times for bucknall oatcakes before I go back to Wiltshire lol

14 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

Ive had to come up to Stoke to look after my mum whilst my dad was in hospital. He's on his way home now and he's craving bacon and cheese oatcakes and a mince pie lol. Which as reminded me to check the opening times for bucknall oatcakes before I go back to Wiltshire lol

Foleys Oatcakes they are simply the best since Hole in the Wall up Hanley duck closed a few years ago.

Edited by majortom10

Here we are and it's a "Mad Friday " and people can go out this year .

Not for me though as it's 5.c and getting very foggy tonight but to be fair when 

the weather turns cold I'm happy staying in where it's warm and cosy :classic_love:

Once as I was a child my Dad came home and found me in front of a nice roaring fire.

That made my dad very mad, as we didn’t have a fireplace in that room .:classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Keep warm and stay safe guys :classic_smile:

• Haha 4