P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for asking Avril.

She put a full day in working from home as a civil servant and is a lot better than last night but she says she is feeling weak.

Graham.

Wish her well from me Graham. Jane.x 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

She put a full day in working from home as a civil servant and is a lot better than last night but she says she is feeling weak.

Graham.

Hope Pauline feels better soon :classic_smile: Until she does you will have to carry all those bags 

around the shopping centres for her :classic_wink: Until then both of you take care and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

That's how it affected Frank. She'll be right as rain in a couple of days and back to her usual self.

Take care both of you.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Glad she is feeling better, hopefully better again tomorrow 

Michelle

36 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Wish her well from me Graham. Jane.x 

34 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope Pauline feels better soon :classic_smile: Until she does you will have to carry all those bags 

around the shopping centres for her :classic_wink: Until then both of you take care and stay safe :classic_love:

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's how it affected Frank. She'll be right as rain in a couple of days and back to her usual self.

Take care both of you.

Avril

Thank you everyone for your concern for Pauline.

Fortunately she only works Monday and Tuesday so she has the rest of the week off.

Graham.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fortunately she only works Monday and Tuesday so she has the rest of the week off.

Graham.

We are visiting your neck of the woods Graham this weekend. Coming to Whitley Bay visiting son and daughter in law and grandchildren. Can you order some good weather for us Graham please?

Michelle

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We are visiting your neck of the woods Graham this weekend. Coming to Whitley Bay visiting son and daughter in law and grandchildren. Can you order some good weather for us Graham please?

Michelle

I have put your order in Michelle for good weather.

Take care getting here.

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic time with your son, daughter in law and grandchildren.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I have put your order in Michelle for good weather.

Take care getting here.

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic time with your son, daughter in law and grandchildren.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, looking forward to seeing them all

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The highlight of the day for us is going to a PCR test this afternoon.  I woke up this morning with a cough, sneezing, sore throat, upset stomach and the worst headache ever. My vision is not affected so I know that it is not a migraine but I have taken my migraine medication just in case but it has made no difference. I have done a LFT which has shown up negative but as they are not very accurate and we have had contact with my niece's husband who now has covid I thought that we should get a PCR to be sure rather than take the risk of potentially spreading it further.

My other niece has gone into hospital this morning to have a mastectomy, her surgeon rang her yesterday and asked who she would like to be on the theatre team because he knows her well and some of her colleagues knew that she was on today's list and had asked to be on the team. 

Sorry to hear this Josy.I do hope that you feel better soon and that the PCR test result is negative

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

That’s good Graham. I’m pleased to hear Pauline is feeling a bit better. Perhaps some retail therapy tomorrow might help speed up the process? Always works for me!

Gill x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Just watching on the news the very long queues for getting the vaccine I presume that these are for walk in clinics? Booked appointment times were OK for me yesterday with no walk ins at my Honda garage vaccine centre until after 5.30 when the last booking slots finish. It all went very smoothly.

The only after effect that I had is a painful area around the injection site (worse than after my 2 AZ jabs), it only hurts when I poke it so I don't poke it!!!

Not much vroom in a Honda garage,they should find a Mercedes one.

Morning hope everyone is ok and for those who aren't at least getting better :classic_smile:

With Christmas getting nearer I thought I best crack on with the Christmas 

shopping list and was wondering what the Granddaughter would be into this

year and  have been told she is into "Frozen" this year .So I think she will be happy

with the bag of sprouts and sausage rolls I have got for her :classic_unsure:

Christmas shopping reminds me of a couple who are out doing their Christmas

shopping and the shopping center is packed, and as the wife walks through one

of the stores, she is surprised when she looks around to find that her husband is

nowhere to be seen. She is quite upset because they had a lot of shopping  to do.

She becomes so worried that she calls him on the mobile to ask where he is?

In a quiet voice he says, “Do you remember the jeweler’s we went into about eight 

years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn’t afford,

and I told you that I would get it for you one day, do you remember ?”:classic_smile:
The wife gets choked up and starts to cry and says, “Yes, I do remember that shop.”
He replies, “Well, I’m in the pub next door.”:classic_ohmy:

Whatever your up to today have a good one and keep safe :classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, kalos said:

I understand your concern John as the Corona virus  must have hit India hard...

I´ve not received a single phone call this week from Microsoft to warn me about a

virus on my computer.:classic_ohmy::classic_wink:

KeEpChaNgINg _ThoSe*PassWoRDS :classic_smile:

Must be because they are all phoning me!

• Haha 5

On 12/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, Josy1953 said:

My other niece has gone into hospital this morning to have a mastectomy, her surgeon rang her yesterday and asked who she would like to be on the theatre team because he knows her well and some of her colleagues knew that she was on today's list and had asked to be on the team. 

How is your niece Josy? I was thinking about her yesterday. I hope everything went well.

Avril

• Like 4

Morning all. Well Covid has finally arrived in our house. My son has had a positive lateral flow test this morning so has gone for a PCR now. The rest of us, so far, are negative but will have to do daily lateral flow tests. Our main worry is that our little Grandson was cuddling with him yesterday. 

Son's isolation will finish Christmas Eve, we're praying the rest of us don't get it or we'll be isolating on Christmas Day.

• Like 6

Morning everyone, it’s a lovely sunny day here and mild for the time of year.

I hope everyone who is feeling unwell for one reason or another feels better soon.  
It’s a good reason to sit in your comfy clothes with a nice cup of coffee and chocolate biscuits. 
Just done a pile of ironing and a dog walk to do before lunch.

My mum had a fall at the weekend so taking her to get a dressing changed at the walk in medical centre as the Drs don’t do dressings. 
Have a good day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all. Well Covid has finally arrived in our house. My son has had a positive lateral flow test this morning so has gone for a PCR now. The rest of us, so far, are negative but will have to do daily lateral flow tests. Our main worry is that our little Grandson was cuddling with him yesterday. 

Son's isolation will finish Christmas Eve, we're praying the rest of us don't get it or we'll be isolating on Christmas Day.

I'm so sorry to hear your son LFT tested positive for covid19 Sarah.

Sending prayers 🙏 for all your family that you all remain negative and also your son's PCR test is negative too.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Wishing you and your family all the best and hope your son gets through his isolation

with out any problem :classic_smile:

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your son LFT tested positive for covid19 Sarah.

Sending prayers 🙏 for all your family that you all remain negative and also your son's PCR test is negative too.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Just now, kalos said:

Wishing you and your family all the best and hope your son gets through his isolation

with out any problem :classic_smile:

Thank you both. We live in a 3 storey house and his bedroom and makeshift office are downstairs so it should be quite easy to keep space between us now we know that we should. It's a good job he did a random test today otherwise he wouldn't have known.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, it’s a lovely sunny day here and mild for the time of year.

I hope everyone who is feeling unwell for one reason or another feels better soon.  
It’s a good reason to sit in your comfy clothes with a nice cup of coffee and chocolate biscuits. 
Just done a pile of ironing and a dog walk to do before lunch.

My mum had a fall at the weekend so taking her to get a dressing changed at the walk in medical centre as the Drs don’t do dressings. 
Have a good day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

Sorry to hear about your mam's fall Michelle.

Hopefully you are both in and out of the medical centre quickly and your mam's injury is healing well.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your mam's fall Michelle.

Hopefully you are both in and out of the medical centre quickly and your mam's injury is healing well.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. She is 87 and usually fit and well and manages well looking after herself and cooking etc. Think this fall has shaken her up a bit as it would to any of us. 
Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1