P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you so much for that, I really appreciate it!
Son’s got his PCR result this morning and it is positive. Daughter has booked her booster for next Wednesday, I read out your reply to her and she said that she will double mask, in fact she said she’ll probably do that at work too.

The whole household need to do daily lateral flow tests for 7 days but we will do 10 days just to make sure.

Thanks again.

You are welcome.  I hope that you son is soon better.  We had to have PCRs on Tuesday because my niece and her husband visited us on Sunday and on Monday morning he was quite poorly and a PCR was positive, ours have both come back negative but we are doing daily LTFs just to be sure.

• Like 2

BREAKING NEWS - I have just been making the Mars bar trifle. I’m really sorry but I can’t remember who posted the recipe here a few months ago. I took a screenshot at the time and I felt the urge to give it a go today! Will let you know the verdict later on! 

Hi everyone

I've not posted a while, Kyle, Michelle and I all had the dreaded lurgi and though none of us had it particularly badly it took a fair while to fully recover. Then Michelle and I reacted badly to the Moderna booster (first time either of us has had a reaction to any vaccination) but at least that was just a 24 hour thing. We had our boosters at Leeds United so at least that was 2 shots on target at Elland Road this season.

Talking of which, I overslept yesterday morning. Michelle shouted "Wake up - it's 8!" I shot out of bed saying "Oh no, have Man City scored AGAIN?"

Work is keeping me busy and I should have been in London today for the Christmas party but (of course) the sensible thing was not to have a 6 hour round trip and risk getting ill for Christmas. 

Teddy has grown so much and is really developing. He had his first groom yesterday so we can see his eyes again. The coiffured look hasn't lasted long as he's been rolling on the wet grass today but it was good whilst it lasted.

Take care all.

Damian

Teddy.jpg

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

My great niece is training with Bedfordshire Police.  Been doing self defence training, so close contact and of the 20 on her course, at least 5 have Covid, including her.  Having to carry on at home via computer whilst she is ok.  Spreading like mad, another group at a funeral last week are also going down like flies.

Not exactly a career where keeping your distance is easy  but I hope your great niece gets well

soon and wish her all the best in her job .:classic_love:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

My great niece is training with Bedfordshire Police.  Been doing self defence training, so close contact and of the 20 on her course, at least 5 have Covid, including her.  Having to carry on at home via computer whilst she is ok.  Spreading like mad, another group at a funeral last week are also going down like flies.

Best wishes for your great niece Bob.

I hope her infection is very mild and she is back training with the Police at her earliest opportunity.

Graham.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes for your great niece Bob.

I hope her infection is very mild and she is back training with the Police at her earliest opportunity.

Graham.

Thanks Graham

Luckily she has almost finished her 20 weeks and has her finals tomorrow, which she is doing online. She is feeling fine at the moment  fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks Graham

Luckily she has almost finished her 20 weeks and has her finals tomorrow, which she is doing online. She is feeling fine at the moment  fingers crossed.

That is great news she is currently feeling fine and I'm sending her my very best wishes in her finals tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Camberley said:

Day of admin for Saturday’s Iona cruise……and finishing a pre-cruise cranachan roulade that I made the other day. We feel we need the roulade after all that paperwork/checking/hoop jumping…..

C3BF06A7-4C22-477C-89D8-B95B55FD3380.jpeg

3F4B0300-14C0-48D5-A84D-53508A4E6AB4.jpeg

Looks delicious 😋.

I hope you have an amazing cruise starting Saturday on Iona.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Camberley said:

Day of admin for Saturday’s Iona cruise……and finishing a pre-cruise cranachan roulade that I made the other day. We feel we need the roulade after all that paperwork/checking/hoop jumping…..

C3BF06A7-4C22-477C-89D8-B95B55FD3380.jpeg

3F4B0300-14C0-48D5-A84D-53508A4E6AB4.jpeg

Looks lovely, is there any chance that you could post the recipe?

• Like 3

DH came home tonight saying he has been made redundant as of today. They can't afford any wages for last week (works week in hand) this week or xmas. Nice xmas present. Fortunately we have some savings so will be ok hopefully. DH retires in 18 months. Thankfully we have no mortgage as paid off 5 years ago, but can you imagine if we were a young family with no savings and no money coming in over xmas.

@delgirl I'm sorry to hear about your husband. How long as he worked for the company ? If it's longer than 2 years, he's entitled to redundancy pay 

https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights/redundancy-pay

The government pays if his employer is insolvent

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent/your-rights

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I seem to think wowzz's comment was aimed at Boris, or the govt  for some unenforceable rule, at least in wowzz's eyes.

I really can't remember who it was aimed at, but definitely not zap. He is one of the most nincompooperyless people on CC at the moment😁

Avril

• Haha 1