P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

The highlight of the day for us is going to a PCR test this afternoon.  I woke up this morning with a cough, sneezing, sore throat, upset stomach and the worst headache ever. My vision is not affected so I know that it is not a migraine but I have taken my migraine medication just in case but it has made no difference. I have done a LFT which has shown up negative but as they are not very accurate and we have had contact with my niece's husband who now has covid I thought that we should get a PCR to be sure rather than take the risk of potentially spreading it further.

My other niece has gone into hospital this morning to have a mastectomy, her surgeon rang her yesterday and asked who she would like to be on the theatre team because he knows her well and some of her colleagues knew that she was on today's list and had asked to be on the team. 

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Hope your PCR test comes back negative and all the best for your niece's surgery . Take care.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 39th birthday to your daughter this weekend Brian.

I hope you all have an amazing time at the Centre Parc.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

Thanks Graham,my OH had a bit of a wobble earlier cos the kids school is rampant with covid at the moment.We're still going though.Brian.

• Thanks 1

Just paid the balance for our March cruise on Arcadia. Who knows what things will be like by then, but you can't go through life worrying about what you cannot control. 

Interestingly,  the current price for a cabin equivalent to ours, is a massive 50% greater than the price when we booked in July 2020. I wonder how much prices will fall, once the final balance date passes, and P&O have a better idea of the occupancy figures?

Given the need for quarantine cabins, plus the fact that this cruise marks Arcadia's return to service,  I wouldn't be surprised if occupancy is relatively low, so as to allow for "bedding down" after a two year break, and therefore prices will remain firm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning , sorry to read some of you are feeling ill and I hope it soon passes 

for you and your loved ones -Get well soon :classic_love: I am pleased to say the "morning after"

the jab had no side effects for either of us . Same as others we are in awe at our amazing

NHS staff and all the wonderful volunteers that have and continue to keep us all safe .

Mrs Kalos found out first hand after staying with them for her major operation 

and then yesterday going for our boosters ,you are all stars and we cannot thank you  

all enough for what you all do . In life we meet some wonderful people  and we think

you have to have to look no further than the NHS and their amazing helpers to see them

in action .God knows where we would be without you all -Thank you :classic_love:

To everyone stay safe :classic_smile:

It is good news that neither of you had any side effects.  I hope Mrs Kalos is soon up and about again keeping you in check.

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Hope your PCR test comes back negative and all the best for your niece's surgery . Take care.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

That is an old version of the periodic table, there are 118 elements now, which reminds me of how some Chemists remembered their passcodes, here is a little poser; what is my passcode?

I don't know Phil but All my passwords are protected by amnesia.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

41 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My password is "incorrect".

If I ever forget it, the computer tells  me what it is, as in "Your password in incorrect" 

You could always use "What" as your password ? 

Anyone who asks "what is your password ?"

You can tell them " That's right " just to confuse them :classic_unsure:

55 minutes ago, kalos said:

You could always use "What" as your password ? 

Anyone who asks "what is your password ?"

You can tell them " That's right " just to confuse them :classic_unsure:

Not wishing to nitpick Kalos, but I increasingly find that sites demand longer passwords, with upper case, lower case, numerals and special characters, so what wont do!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Not wishing to nitpick Kalos, but I increasingly find that sites demand longer passwords, with upper case, lower case, numerals and special characters, so what wont do!!

Sorry if you thought I was being serious John :classic_wink:

• Haha 3

Just watching on the news the very long queues for getting the vaccine I presume that these are for walk in clinics? Booked appointment times were OK for me yesterday with no walk ins at my Honda garage vaccine centre until after 5.30 when the last booking slots finish. It all went very smoothly.

The only after effect that I had is a painful area around the injection site (worse than after my 2 AZ jabs), it only hurts when I poke it so I don't poke it!!!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Of course not, I was just moving the dialogue onto the increasing bureaucracy that passwords pose.☹️

I understand your concern John as the Corona virus  must have hit India hard...

I´ve not received a single phone call this week from Microsoft to warn me about a

virus on my computer.:classic_ohmy::classic_wink:

KeEpChaNgINg _ThoSe*PassWoRDS :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Beckett said:

Phew - that was a long day - just got home.

We're ready to rock and roll from tomorrow so a day earlier than we thought.  

To all other NHS staff and volunteers on here, good luck for the next few crazy weeks. To all our friends on CC who give us unfailing encouragement and support, thank you so much.

We're going hit those targets guys!

Keep well and safe everyone. Best wishes to you all. Jane.x 

Jane, we all very much appreciate your efforts, and those of everyone else.  Do you happen to know whether the circular below is actually being actioned please?

It’s potentially of critical importance, but last time procedures were put in place for those without proper vaccine cover they didn’t actually happen for several weeks.

This refers to PCR tests being sent out automatically from 16 December, but it will need an interrogation of databases to identify the cases.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/treatments-for-coronavirus/

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson

47 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Just watching on the news the very long queues for getting the vaccine I presume that these are for walk in clinics? Booked appointment times were OK for me yesterday with no walk ins at my Honda garage vaccine centre until after 5.30 when the last booking slots finish. It all went very smoothly.

The only after effect that I had is a painful area around the injection site (worse than after my 2 AZ jabs), it only hurts when I poke it so I don't poke it!!!

My DIL went to her local clinics drop in centre today for her booster and was in and out in 10 minutes.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for asking Avril.

She put a full day in working from home as a civil servant and is a lot better than last night but she says she is feeling weak.

Graham.

Glad she is feeling better, hopefully better again tomorrow 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Jane, we all very much appreciate your efforts, and those of everyone else.  Do you happen to know whether the circular below is actually being actioned please?

It’s potentially of critical importance, but last time procedures were put in place for those without proper vaccine cover they didn’t actually happen for several weeks.

This refers to PCR tests being sent out automatically from 16 December, but it will need an interrogation of databases to identify the cases.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/treatments-for-coronavirus/

Harry

Hello Harry. I can't give you a definitive answer  (Oh God, I sound like a politician) but I do know it was discussed today on a Teams meeting that my Senior Partner attended. Let me ask him tomorrow and I'll get back to you. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2