P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you both. We live in a 3 storey house and his bedroom and makeshift office are downstairs so it should be quite easy to keep space between us now we know that we should. It's a good job he did a random test today otherwise he wouldn't have known.

Hope it all works out ok. Have you still got that old baby monitor so your son can pass his dinner order to you.🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Which proves that the 'older gen' are not totally responsible for global warming . I still use the same drying process as above😉

Avril

Our Son went into our garden. ...look what I found...what is it?.......... It's a clothes peg.🤣

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, it’s a lovely sunny day here and mild for the time of year.

I hope everyone who is feeling unwell for one reason or another feels better soon.  
It’s a good reason to sit in your comfy clothes with a nice cup of coffee and chocolate biscuits. 
Just done a pile of ironing and a dog walk to do before lunch.

My mum had a fall at the weekend so taking her to get a dressing changed at the walk in medical centre as the Drs don’t do dressings. 
Have a good day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

Sorry to hear about your mum's fall!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Our Son went into our garden. ...look what I found...what is it?.......... It's a clothes peg.🤣

The only 'modern' upgrade I've made towards drying clothes is replacing the old rotary airer with a new one which has a winder to open it up. Not for me you understand, but Frank was begining to struggle opening the manual one😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Graham. She is 87 and usually fit and well and manages well looking after herself and cooking etc. Think this fall has shaken her up a bit as it would to any of us. 
Michelle

Sending your mam our best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all. Well Covid has finally arrived in our house. My son has had a positive lateral flow test this morning so has gone for a PCR now. The rest of us, so far, are negative but will have to do daily lateral flow tests. Our main worry is that our little Grandson was cuddling with him yesterday. 

Son's isolation will finish Christmas Eve, we're praying the rest of us don't get it or we'll be isolating on Christmas Day.

Hope he doesn’t feel too bad and that no one else in the household catches it 🤞

• Like 4

We went out for breakfast today at the Sainsbury’s cafe, and picked up a couple of  Christmas food items from M&S.

AA78879C-1FEE-4282-B150-2A5FF2D6C514.thumb.jpeg.b3f535d1f0556cde7a4113b215b214ed.jpeg

However, it’s somewhat a last hurrah regarding  going out for a while. We intend to stay in for the next few weeks, except for any essential appointments.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Going round our friends in Canning Town for drinks today.The husband has just been circumcised at 71 years old.He likes a bet so I'm gonna ask for a good tip.

There seems to be no end to these types of jokes :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

How is your niece Josy? I was thinking about her yesterday. I hope everything went well.

Avril

Thank you Avril.  She was back home last night she was the first on the list so the surgeon was happy to let her go around 4pm with his home phone number in case of problems during the night.  He is someone that she has worked with regularly in the past and had called her on Saturday to tell her that he was doing the surgery and that several of her friends were going to be part of the theatre team so she was really happy about that.  I thought that it was a lovely gesture on his part and another example of the wonderful people who work in the NHS.  We are all just praying that this is the end of a really bad experience for her.

• Like 12

52 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We went out for breakfast today at the Sainsbury’s cafe, and picked up a couple of  Christmas food items from M&S.

AA78879C-1FEE-4282-B150-2A5FF2D6C514.thumb.jpeg.b3f535d1f0556cde7a4113b215b214ed.jpeg

However, it’s somewhat a last hurrah regarding  going out for a while. We intend to stay in for the next few weeks, except for any essential appointments.

Nice breakfast.

We also intend to stay in most of the time except for food shopping and church.

Take care.😷

Graham.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Jane, we all very much appreciate your efforts, and those of everyone else.  Do you happen to know whether the circular below is actually being actioned please?

It’s potentially of critical importance, but last time procedures were put in place for those without proper vaccine cover they didn’t actually happen for several weeks.

This refers to PCR tests being sent out automatically from 16 December, but it will need an interrogation of databases to identify the cases.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/treatments-for-coronavirus/

Harry

Just a very quick response Harry.  Yes, the drugs have both been approved in yesterday's meeting but no date set yet for mobilisation.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all. Well Covid has finally arrived in our house. My son has had a positive lateral flow test this morning so has gone for a PCR now. The rest of us, so far, are negative but will have to do daily lateral flow tests. Our main worry is that our little Grandson was cuddling with him yesterday. 

Son's isolation will finish Christmas Eve, we're praying the rest of us don't get it or we'll be isolating on Christmas Day.

I  hope that your son gets through it without getting too ill and the rest of you manage to avoid it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Which proves that the 'older gen' are not totally responsible for global warming . I still use the same drying process as above😉

Avril

I prefer to dry outside too, I love the smell of the clothes when they have been dried outside it totally different to drying them indoors.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just a very quick response Harry.  Yes, the drugs have both been approved in yesterday's meeting but no date set yet for mobilisation.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

Thanks Jane. I hope everything goes well for you over the coming days.

Harry 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I may record that and watch it when I need cheering up.🤣

I had better watch it tonight then  I need cheering up now.  I should be out enjoying a nice lunch with my friends but I am stuck in the house waiting for the results of the PCR test that I had yesterday afternoon because I allowed my god-daughter and husband into my house on Sunday and her husband then woke up with covid symptoms followed by a positive PCR on Monday.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5