P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning hope everyone is feeling ok today and staying safe .:classic_smile:

As we get nearer to Christmas ,you know that most wonderful time of the year ,

I was reading that most family arguments seem to be around this time .

Talking to one of my mates he said " all married people argue. If they say they don't,

one of them is ruling over the other."

My wife told me to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about.:classic_unsure:

The average couple argues 260 times a year. It's actually 263, but try telling her that!

Lots of stress can be found in the kitchen with the would be chef's . I used to liken

myself to that TV show "Hells kitchen" yelling and shouting all the time but I seem

to be a lot better since I decided  to wear the  oven gloves .:classic_smile:

Be happy and stay safe everyone :classic_love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder what is causing the French spike in infections then? If it's not omicron then with 65000 cases yesterday they have a much more serious problem than we do.

I saw the French and European Omicron figures. I won't tell in case I'm accused of nincompoopery. I did look at pasting them, but the font was a bit big.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder what is causing the French spike in infections then? If it's not omicron then with 65000 cases yesterday they have a much more serious problem than we do.

I noticed that too.  Not much difference to us and quite a lot more deaths.  We should be driving to my neice's wedding today.  100 people indoors - no thank you.  Have cancelled.  Also not going to office Xmas dinner tonight and neither is my colleague.  Not working from home yet, so that's good.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I noticed that too.  Not much difference to us and quite a lot more deaths.  We should be driving to my neice's wedding today.  100 people indoors - no thank you.  Have cancelled.  Also not going to office Xmas dinner tonight and neither is my colleague.  Not working from home yet, so that's good.

Germany too. Slightly confused Jane. If neither you or your colleague are going to the Salcombe harbour knees up and there are only 3 of you, won't the harbour master feel a bit lonely.🤣

I think that it right that each individual / family have their own level of 'lockdown' and what actions and decisions they take.

Our only mass gathering planned (9!! 3 households) is for a family Christmas Eve buffet round at my sons house, we will all take a LFT test on the day.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Germany too. Slightly confused Jane. If neither you or your colleague are going to the Salcombe harbour knees up and there are only 3 of you, won't the harbour master feel a bit lonely.🤣

Ha ha, nooo, there are 15 staff!  There are 3 not going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I don’t blame you. Our family wedding a fortnight ago had 100 guests for the afternoon do and nearly double that in the evening, and miraculously no one seems any the worse! Mind you, a lot of the older guests left after the afternoon do and the evening guests were mainly under 40 apart from a few of us!  Most were also locals so people hadn’t travelled from other areas. But thing have changed rapidly since then, and it’s a scramble to get the boosters done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Oh yes you did 🤣

Oh yes he certainly did. I remember it caused a slew of hilarious posts, each one vying to outdo the other. 

Not sure who it was first aimed at though, not you  Zap I'm sure.  What reason would wowzz to call you a nincompoop??😇

Avril

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh yes he certainly did. I remember it caused a slew of hilarious posts, each one vying to outdo the other. 

Not sure who it was first aimed at though, not you  Zap I'm sure.  What reason would wowzz to call you a nincompoop??😇

Avril

I think it was aimed at a poster we will call the "pirate flag" which Wowzz got told off 

for mentioning the individual who was quite clearly a bumfuzzle person at the time.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, LynnForestgate said:

nincompoop

I shall re introduce it into my vocabulary again.

It's a pity you can't find Wowzz's original posts, he managed to expand his vocabulary with words like nincompoopery and nincomooperiness. 😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think it was aimed at a poster we will call the "pirate flag" which Wowzz got told off 

for mentioning the individual who was quite clearly a bumfuzzle person at the time.:classic_unsure:

Yes, that particular poster seems to be very quiet these days . I haven't needed to count to ten for ages !

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm sure you are right. The word became quite popular and Wowzz created the word nincompoopery. I don't know who that was aimed at ............over and out🤣. I thought bumfuzzle was a medical condition.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

I remember now Kalos. The 'pirate flag' knew how to ruffle a few feathers. He seems to have sailed off into the sunset for now.🏴‍☠️

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure you are right. The word became quite popular and Wowzz created the word nincompoopery. I don't know who that was aimed at ............over and out🤣. I thought bumfuzzle was a medical condition.

Isn’t all this essentially floccinaucinihilipilification, though?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you. I think she will go ahead and book one, she’ll be doing lateral flows every day anyway. I suppose if it was medically important not to have a booster if you’d had contact with a case of Covid, they would ask everyone the question.

Son is enjoying the room service but missing the family company and it’s only day 1. 😏

Sarah, I asked at the vaccine hub this morning and the response from the duty pharmacist was was that she should book her vaccine and to do daily LFTs until she goes for her appointment, he also said that if she possibly could it would be a good idea to wear 2 masks one inside the other while she is in the hub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1