P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not really ... why would you want to miss out on your time in Llanddulas in your little bit of heaven to go on that monstrosity that appears to be a RCI ship under another name 

😉

You have a good point there. I’ll just have to pass up the cruise in favour of our home from home. I am looking out at the sea as I type. Couldn’t do that on Arvia could I?

🥴

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

You have a good point there. I’ll just have to pass up the cruise in favour of our home from home. I am looking out at the sea as I type. Couldn’t do that on Arvia could I?

🥴

Oh stop making us so jealous ! ( I really think you need to post some photos for everyone - bet your view of the  sea is amazing)

Hoping to come over next week - for now we are just relieved to have survived another term and are chilling tonight 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh stop making us so jealous ! ( I really think you need to post some photos for everyone - bet your view of the  sea is amazing)

Hoping to come over next week - for now we are just relieved to have survived another term and are chilling tonight 🙂

Maybe I’ll post some photos when it is isn’t so dark.

SANTA IS A YORKSHIREMAN by Chris Burdon.... 🎅
Santa is a Yorkshireman
Of this I'm fairly sure
I heard him tiptoe in my room
At roughly Ten to four
"I 'ope tha's fast asleep" he said
"Or tha'll get nowt my lad"
He smelled of Hi Karate
(Must av pinched it from my dad)
Just down stairs I'd left a treat
Santa loves a beer
He loves pork pies and single malt
That was Dad's idea
When I woke next morning
I ran down stairs to see
If Santa had been kind enough
To leave gifts under t'tree
He got our mam a Nightie
And a pair of china pigs
Our dad got socks and undies
And 200 park lane cigs
My sister got a Barbie
Sat on a plastic horse
A One Direction annual
Which she loved of course
When I unwrapped my parcels
My Yorkshire heart did sing
Each gift that Santa gave me
A truly wondrous thing
A flat cap for my noggin
A vest of finest string
The ferret keepers handbook
Each gift fit for a king
So thank you Santa thank you
You surely are a tyke
But can you please remember
Next year I'd like a bike!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:
SANTA IS A YORKSHIREMAN by Chris Burdon.... 🎅
Santa is a Yorkshireman
Of this I'm fairly sure
I heard him tiptoe in my room
At roughly Ten to four
"I 'ope tha's fast asleep" he said
"Or tha'll get nowt my lad"
He smelled of Hi Karate
(Must av pinched it from my dad)
Just down stairs I'd left a treat
Santa loves a beer
He loves pork pies and single malt
That was Dad's idea
When I woke next morning
I ran down stairs to see
If Santa had been kind enough
To leave gifts under t'tree
He got our mam a Nightie
And a pair of china pigs
Our dad got socks and undies
And 200 park lane cigs
My sister got a Barbie
Sat on a plastic horse
A One Direction annual
Which she loved of course
When I unwrapped my parcels
My Yorkshire heart did sing
Each gift that Santa gave me
A truly wondrous thing
A flat cap for my noggin
A vest of finest string
The ferret keepers handbook
Each gift fit for a king
So thank you Santa thank you
You surely are a tyke
But can you please remember
Next year I'd like a bike!

Not from Yorkshire but love this

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That was The Portion.

It was tasty and I could have got more if I wanted.

Good grief -- is this a way to stop the waist lines spreading?

Just as well this isn't an American cruise line as they would not be happy at all .....

Can't say I would - the children at school get better meals

Just now, Presto2 said:

Good grief -- is this a way to stop the waist lines spreading?

Just as well this isn't an American cruise line as they would not be happy at all .....

Can't say I would - the children at school get better meals

PS This is no disrespect to school meals but see better each week at school and we are not classed as a cruise line

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Not really ... why would you want to miss out on your time in Llanddulas in your little bit of heaven to go on that monstrosity that appears to be a RCI ship under another name 

😉

Oh I do hope so because I feel the RCI ships are far superior to the usual dowdy P&O ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Oh I do hope so because I feel the RCI ships are far superior to the usual dowdy P&O ones.

It is all about perception and having been on IOS for just 5 nights we know it isn't for us ..... certainly didn't feel P&O. No criticism of RCI but just not for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I hope that is the starter Graham.

That is from the Quays. excellent real chips and the batter is very good. You can have extra fish or go back for seconds if you want. There are also sides available. The Quays is not meant to be a traditional restaurant. more like a McDonalds 🤢 but better quality with separate serveries for Fish n chips, Eastern stuff and Burgers, fried chicken. Very popular and I will be there a few times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

It is all about perception and having been on IOS for just 5 nights we know it isn't for us ..... certainly didn't feel P&O. No criticism of RCI but just not for us.

I agree with you, RCI is definitely not P&O, it's a customer focused cruise line that demands all their staff put the passengers as their number one priority. Which P&O could never be accused of doing. That's not to say their service is poor, it's just not up to RCI, or even Princess standards.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree with you, RCI is definitely not P&O, it's a customer focused cruise line that demands all their staff put the passengers as their number one priority. Which P&O could never be accused of doing. That's not to say their service is poor, it's just not up to RCI, or even Princess standards.

To be really honest, I really don't have the time or energy to fall out over which cruise line is the best. They are just different and it is up to each one of us to pick the one that suits us. What I find sad is when the one I have picked changes identity and morphs into one I have decided doesn't suit me.

Re standards --- not fair to compare P&O with cruise lines that cost far more .... it is like us comparing P&O with our last cruise on Celebrity Edge that cost us an arm and a leg  for our 25th anniversary ... (peak season and school holidays so no deals available)

To be really honest, one thing the pandemic has shown us that there are so many beautiful places in this country and that a caravan holiday by the coast can also be relaxing and special with no bells and whistles.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, davecttr said:

That is from the Quays. excellent real chips and the batter is very good. You can have extra fish or go back for seconds if you want. There are also sides available. The Quays is not meant to be a traditional restaurant. more like a McDonalds 🤢 but better quality with separate serveries for Fish n chips, Eastern stuff and Burgers, fried chicken. Very popular and I will be there a few times.

We thought it was fine for lunch. As you say if you wanted to pig out you could get another portion , or pop next door for some Asian food, or the other way for a burger or chicken, or upstairs for pizza , or................... variety was superb.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We like P&O, we also like NCL, Celebrity and RCI. Next year we have booked all of them except NCL, but early days yet. One Canaries hotel booked and 2 breaks in the UK. Variety is the spice if life. Iona was fine and we are looking forward to Arvia. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Jean, would you rather they caught under sized fish ? Sustainable fishing means catching big fish!  

But you don't have to eat the whole creature. They can cut them up into smaller pieces. I like Meat, but couldn't eat a whole cow in one go.🤣

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

But you don't have to eat the whole creature. They can cut them up into smaller pieces. I like Meat, but couldn't eat a whole cow in one go.🤣

Fair point, but even if you cut the fillet of cod in half, the cost reduction would be minuscule,  as all your overheads would remain the same.   

• Like 1