P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Phew - that was a long day - just got home.

We're ready to rock and roll from tomorrow so a day earlier than we thought.  

To all other NHS staff and volunteers on here, good luck for the next few crazy weeks. To all our friends on CC who give us unfailing encouragement and support, thank you so much.

We're going hit those targets guys!

Keep well and safe everyone. Best wishes to you all. Jane.x 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13

23 minutes ago, Beckett said:

To all other NHS staff and volunteers on here, good luck for the next few crazy weeks. To all our friends on CC who give us unfailing encouragement and support, thank you so much.

Well said Jane, we need to do it or go down trying. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Darling niece just rang with the bad news that her husband woke up feeling really ill this morning so she sent him out for a PCR,  the results have just come back and he is covid positive.  They visited us yesterday and he was fine then.  We have now decided that we will stay at home for the rest of this week just in case.

No nice lunch for me with my friends on Wednesday.  We have done everything we could to avoid this, I can't remember the last time that we let anyone into our house.  We are both triple vaccinated so hopefully we won't  be too ill if we have been infected.

So sorry to hear this Josy, hope you stay illness free.

I didn’t work today because my voice is still a croak and I actually felt a bit rough this morning.

I was going to have a meal with 4 friends Wednesday night but I’m not going to go. I don’t want to pass it on to them in time for Christmas! I think I got it from a friend I went out with last week, I wished she’d warned me before we went!

Luckily I have LFT tests at the moment as we picked some up from the chemist and then they were given them out in a local shopping centre the next day!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Josy - fingers crossed you’ll be OK

Did anyone hear the professor from Edinburgh Uni on R4 Today programme on Saturday morning?   I didn’t catch her name or speciality - not Devi Shridar - but she knew her stuff, virology or epidemiology probably.  
Anyway, unless I misheard, she said that this variant is so transmissible that pretty much everyone is destined to get it, unless they live like a total hermit.  
Mr Eddie and I have set about wondering whether we should relax a little.  Our defences are presumably as strong as they are ever likely to be and we will never be this young(!) again.  Better now than later???  Who knows?  Anyway, we’re not going to go out ‘door knob licking’ just yet but will certainly stay alert and keep up with expert opinion on this.

To think, we felt invincible less than one month ago, after our booster and before anyone had heard of omicron.  Funny old life, eh?

Earlier in the year you recommend an Indian restaurant in Weymouth. I got an email today with their new menu. It's a bit too far for us to pop down for a curry, but I recommend that you do. All those spices must kill all known germs.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Yes we are all set as well. Our hub is only closed Christmas day and Boxing day ,now working with earlier starts and later finishes and I'm  on a late New Year's Eve , but should be home by 11pm! Didn't really want to retire!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Brilliant Jane you’re a star , and all the others that offer their help in keeping things flowing, you work really hard , but most of all you stay safe and well 💐

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Darling niece just rang with the bad news that her husband woke up feeling really ill this morning so she sent him out for a PCR,  the results have just come back and he is covid positive.  They visited us yesterday and he was fine then.  We have now decided that we will stay at home for the rest of this week just in case.

No nice lunch for me with my friends on Wednesday.  We have done everything we could to avoid this, I can't remember the last time that we let anyone into our house.  We are both triple vaccinated so hopefully we won't  be too ill if we have been infected.

So sorry to hear this josy and I hope you don’t get it and hope your niece’s husband is not too I’ll , you are so thoughtful not going out this week for lunch with your friends but I’m sure they will appreciate that and that dinner date will come round again. Take care 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Well said Jane, we need to do it or go down trying. 

Thanks Phil and I agree. I see this morning that the call is out for countless numbers of volunteers and I'm confident they will come forward. You may end up with more sessions than you bargained for! Good luck and best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brilliant Jane you’re a star , and all the others that offer their help in keeping things flowing, you work really hard , but most of all you stay safe and well 💐

Thanks Sandra. Everyone is so determined and positive. If we can't get on top of this thing now, we never will. Be well. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Yes we are all set as well. Our hub is only closed Christmas day and Boxing day ,now working with earlier starts and later finishes and I'm  on a late New Year's Eve , but should be home by 11pm! Didn't really want to retire!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jane. Lovely to hear from you. I hear retirement is over-rated anyway! We're the same regarding the bank holidays at the moment but that may change. We are in such a multi-cultural area that we'll do 25th and 26th if the need is there. We'll play it by ear for the next few days and make a further decision if necessary. New Year's Eve is over-rated too and it will save you a hangover!  Good luck and best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Have a good day Jane - and everyone employed or volunteering with this “push”.  

Thanks Eddie. I'm just off now -beat the traffic. I do hope your family is doing OK and they are well for Christmas. You have a good day too and keep safe. Best wishes. Jane.x

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Have a good day Jane - and everyone employed or volunteering with this “push”.  

Thanks Eddie. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Take care and thank you for your excellent work.

Graham x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to all those of you working for or volunteering to help the NHS with the vaccination programme. I hope you do not meet any nasty "customers"!

Just received another early phone call from my daugther can I have my granddaughter again today as she still isn't feeling well. I have a Tesco click and collect order booked for this morning and am meeting friends for a cuppa this afternoon. Then this evening the family are taking Mum out for a meal as it's her birthday. So a busy day ahead!

Still mild down here at 12oC so not feeling cold.

Hope everyone that has been feeling poorly is on the road to recovery.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our daughter is 39 this weekend and we are all going to Centre parcs in Suffolk.She was a bit concerned that we still want to go.We said we will.It's not like Butlins with everyone crammed in a buffet.It's just like the High st with pubs and restaurants dotted around.

• Like 4

The highlight of the day for us is going to a PCR test this afternoon.  I woke up this morning with a cough, sneezing, sore throat, upset stomach and the worst headache ever. My vision is not affected so I know that it is not a migraine but I have taken my migraine medication just in case but it has made no difference. I have done a LFT which has shown up negative but as they are not very accurate and we have had contact with my niece's husband who now has covid I thought that we should get a PCR to be sure rather than take the risk of potentially spreading it further.

My other niece has gone into hospital this morning to have a mastectomy, her surgeon rang her yesterday and asked who she would like to be on the theatre team because he knows her well and some of her colleagues knew that she was on today's list and had asked to be on the team. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Phil and I agree. I see this morning that the call is out for countless numbers of volunteers and I'm confident they will come forward. You may end up with more sessions than you bargained for! Good luck and best wishes. Jane.x

We all have a lot to thank you for. There can be no endeavour more noble than saving countless lives. Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Our daughter is 39 this weekend and we are all going to Centre parcs in Suffolk.She was a bit concerned that we still want to go.We said we will.It's not like Butlins with everyone crammed in a buffet.It's just like the High st with pubs and restaurants dotted around.

Happy 39th birthday to your daughter this weekend Brian.

I hope you all have an amazing time at the Centre Parc.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning , sorry to read some of you are feeling ill and I hope it soon passes 

for you and your loved ones -Get well soon :classic_love: I am pleased to say the "morning after"

the jab had no side effects for either of us . Same as others we are in awe at our amazing

NHS staff and all the wonderful volunteers that have and continue to keep us all safe .

Mrs Kalos found out first hand after staying with them for her major operation 

and then yesterday going for our boosters ,you are all stars and we cannot thank you  

all enough for what you all do . In life we meet some wonderful people  and we think

you have to have to look no further than the NHS and their amazing helpers to see them

in action .God knows where we would be without you all -Thank you :classic_love:

To everyone stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning , sorry to read some of you are feeling ill and I hope it soon passes 

for you and your loved ones -Get well soon :classic_love: I am pleased to say the "morning after"

the jab had no side effects for either of us . Same as others we are in awe at our amazing

NHS staff and all the wonderful volunteers that have and continue to keep us all safe .

Mrs Kalos found out first hand after staying with them for her major operation 

and then yesterday going for our boosters ,you are all stars and we cannot thank you  

all enough for what you all do . In life we meet some wonderful people  and we think

you have to have to look no further than the NHS and their amazing helpers to see them

in action .God knows where we would be without you all -Thank you :classic_love:

To everyone stay safe :classic_smile:

+1.

• Like 3