Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Their thin pizza's are excellent.

 

We go to our local branch quite regularly. We get the ' good neighbor ' 20% discount. Every little helps. The new dough balls Al forno and a Romana base pizza. Less the 500 calories........yeah right 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Their thin pizza's are excellent.

 

We like the Lidl sourdough pizzas. Add a salad and two bottles of red, and the whole meal costs less than £15. Even Prince Andrew wouldn't break into a sweat at that price!

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning ,I hope everyone is keeping well this morning:classic_smile:

Its warmed up around here this morning .still pitch black outside but 10.c

Reading on here last night about all those fast food meals made me a little peckish,

So I decided to make a chip butty but liven it up a bit so I put brown sauce ,ketchup and 

English mustard onto the chips. Mrs K looked at me shocked but I managed to get

her to try one .She said it tasted lovely and she would have one again sometime :classic_love:

The idea stems back to my younger years where I just thought  why not ? Do you 

have any simple homemade fast food quirks /recipes you do ?

All that talk about pizza's reminds me of a cute little story about an elderly couple who

walk into a fast food restaurant. They order one hamburger, one order of fries and one drink.
The old man unwraps the plain hamburger and carefully cuts it in half. He places one half

in front of his wife. He then carefully counts out the fries, dividing them into two piles and

neatly placing one pile in front of his wife. He takes a sip of the drink, his wife takes a sip and

then sets the cup down between them. As he begins to eat his few bites of hamburger, the

people around them keep looking over and whispering "Look at that poor old couple - all they

can afford is one meal for the two of them.":classic_sad:
As the man begins to eat his fries a young man comes to the table. He politely offers to buy

another meal for the old couple. The old man replies that they're just fine - they're just used

to sharing everything.
The surrounding people noticed the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite. She sits there watching

her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink.
Again the young man comes over and begs them to let him buy another meal for them.
This time the old woman says "No, thank you, we are used to sharing everything."
As the old man finishes and was wipes his face neatly with the napkin, the young man again

comes over to the little old lady who had yet to eat a single bite of food and asks ....

"May I ask what is it you are waiting for?"
The old woman replied "The teeth." :classic_love::classic_smile::classic_sad: Have a nice day everyone and stay safe !:classic_love:

  • Haha 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Thai meal was delicious.  Yellow curry, beef and prawns with jasmine rice, and Marie had stir fry veg, oyster sauce, beef and prawns and we shared satay chicken in peanut sauce.  Washed down with a coupe of cans of John Smiths !  Plenty left over for my supper today, tastes even better all mixed together and reheated in the micro wave. Isn't life good ?  

 

Come on Lewis, beat the cheating .........

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone

 

Once more, I've got a lot of catching up to do so.......

 

Eddie, I do hope your family are all ok and not suffering any horrible effects. My good wishes to them all for a quick recovery.

 

P&O Sue,  it's good to hear from you and to know you are OK.  Take good care of yourself.

 

Kalos, you are back to your normal very funny self and a treat to read as usual. I hope Mrs Kalos is making good time on her recovery and best wishes to you both.

 

Graham, wish Pauline good luck from me with her booster and hope she has no ill effects.

 

As you can imagine, we are totally overwhelmed at work. Unfortunately, but as usual, everything we are tasked to do with regard to vaccines comes a good 48 hours after we've read it in The Mail. One of these days NHS England will realise it would be good to let the do'ers know their plans in advance of the media! We're getting a good response all round to the booster call but you'd be amazed by the number of people who are still completely un-vaccinated. Still, we keep (a little less) calm and carry on.

 

For those of you who are Strictly fans - wasn't it a great show last night? I thought the standard of dancing was breathtaking.

 

Good luck to Lewis today - come on old son, you can do this.

 

Keep well and safe dear friends. Best wishes to all. Jane.x 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a great medical bulletin from my daughter, who is unwell but, i suppose fortunately, doesn’t have respiratory symptoms other than a cough.  She is distressed by losing sense of smell/taste but is doing exercises to try to boost that.

Difficult times

We’ve walked and attended a street fair - they were doing well.  Also been to a Christmas “event” at our very local brewery and enjoyed the company.

Watching the GP now, though I will confess to not being a huge motorsports fan.  Like the Heineken rugby better!

Hope everyone is well and calm

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hello Everyone

 

Once more, I've got a lot of catching up to do so.......

 

Eddie, I do hope your family are all ok and not suffering any horrible effects. My good wishes to them all for a quick recovery.

 

P&O Sue,  it's good to hear from you and to know you are OK.  Take good care of yourself.

 

Kalos, you are back to your normal very funny self and a treat to read as usual. I hope Mrs Kalos is making good time on her recovery and best wishes to you both.

 

Graham, wish Pauline good luck from me with her booster and hope she has no ill effects.

 

As you can imagine, we are totally overwhelmed at work. Unfortunately, but as usual, everything we are tasked to do with regard to vaccines comes a good 48 hours after we've read it in The Mail. One of these days NHS England will realise it would be good to let the do'ers know their plans in advance of the media! We're getting a good response all round to the booster call but you'd be amazed by the number of people who are still completely un-vaccinated. Still, we keep (a little less) calm and carry on.

 

For those of you who are Strictly fans - wasn't it a great show last night? I thought the standard of dancing was breathtaking.

 

Good luck to Lewis today - come on old son, you can do this.

 

Keep well and safe dear friends. Best wishes to all. Jane.x 

Thank you Jane.

Pauline got the Moderna booster jab today.

Previously she had 2 Astrazenaca Jabs.

Graham x

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

 

Like Pauline I've had 2 AZ jabs so far and get my Pfizer or Moderna booster tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow.

It is 2 hours since Pauline had her booster and so far she has only a slight pain at injection site.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

What a contrived end to the Grand Prix and F1 Championship, poor Hamilton. It was obvious Max would win with new tyres if he was just behind Lewis on the last lap.

Lewis was unlucky on the day, but he has had his share of luck over the season, great year for F1 racing, looking forward to next year

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had my first Sunday at home since April.  I have decided that the nastiness of some  people at the vaccine  centre yesterday is just not worth it.  I will not be going back and have completed my application form this morning for a volunteer post at our local hospice where I used to volunteer many years ago.

We have had visits from both of my god-daughters who both texted to see what time I would be in so that they could bring Chistmas cards and gifts round they were both shocked when I said that I was home all day.  I hadn't  realised how little I was seeing of them and their children.  The children help to put our tree up which approximately  10 days earlier than we usually put it up, I just need to rearrange it a bit now lol. My niece's  daughter told me that we needed some colorful decs on it, she doesn't like all the "glass rubbish" that we have 🤣 🤣20211212_160550.thumb.jpg.b25934c668cb910a120335873f1a9af2.jpg

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had my first Sunday at home since April.  I have decided that the nastiness of some  people at the vaccine  centre yesterday is just not worth it.  

Josy, I just cannot understand why anyone would be rude or nasty at a vaccine centre. We have now had all 3 covid jabs and might have been lucky that we had very little waiting for any. Maybe it's because all 3 were timed bookings, but even at a drop in centre I just do not understand why they would be rude.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Josy, I just cannot understand why anyone would be rude or nasty at a vaccine centre. We have now had all 3 covid jabs and might have been lucky that we had very little waiting for any. Maybe it's because all 3 were timed bookings, but even at a drop in centre I just do not understand why they would be rude.

They don't have a long wait because they all have appointments unless it is the last hour when it is walk-in but they don't like to find that their booster is Moderna when they have had 2 Pfizer or 2 AZ, they seem to think that we are being obstructive or lying when we say that Moderna is what we have been supplied with.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are mirroring my own experiences Josy. Nothing is right on some days. " It's too hot, it's too cold, I was here before that patient, I don't want that vaccine -haven't you got anything else" - er no, because we're not Tesco's!

 

I too am going back to hospice work when I retire. I find the hospice work so rewarding - I've worked on Reception, in the kitchen, the laundry, and driven the lorry. I don't care where they put me because I'm needed there. I'm sure you've found the same Josy. Like you, I am sick to the back teeth of the entitled and their rudeness.

 

My rant is over and your decision is good Josy.  Best wishes. Jane.x 

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Host Anne locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...