P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We went to J32 for our morning coffee at Costa, to say the weather was poor it was getting busy. We have been okkering as to whether to get an air fryer for ages. So we popped into the Tefal shop as I had narrowed down the models and one of them was the Tefal actifry, so with an extra 15% we bought one, so am now looking forward to playing with my new toy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Morning everyone. We spent our day watching Carry On films and then about 3 episodes of Jonathan Creek ! Says something about us I suppose but it sounds more entertaining than some of the other stuff on there. We miss Dr Who .......

Thank you to those of you who have recommended Gary Barlow's Strictly appearance, I have just watched it. It is probably the funniest thing I've seen for a long time as it was so bad it was entertaining. And what was with the dad dancing that went with it (from him) - classic.

That performance must be a lesson on stick to what your good at and don't try and change the tempo, beat and style of a classic song ! 

(Still funny though - if anyone hasn't seen it the link is below) Go on, give yourself a good laugh .. might break your stitches though Graham so be careful ...

I managed 1 min 18 secs. What a racket!! 🙉

..... and what the  heck is he wearing?

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

IONA in Puerto Del Rosario today so took a few photos for you all , plenty of people in the sea swimming so must be off ship , it’s cloudy today but 23 for them , people coming off independently so I hope they have a good day 

4F5EB13A-62E0-4F7A-B713-E42A664ACE57.jpeg

EC487CCF-CD3E-4C9C-8059-6ABBCBED44B6.jpeg

2791BBDE-FD6B-4BB2-B526-08C3502E37B3.jpeg

My two favourite ships. i had an excellent xmas cruise on the right hand one 2 years ago and enjoyed the one on the left in august. .Not looking forward to the one on the left this January though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

My two favourite ships. i had an excellent xmas cruise on the right hand one 2 years ago and enjoyed the one on the left in august. .Not looking forward to the one on the left this January though

We are on her in February b2b first Amsterdam, Belgium etc then canary’s back here in March , and quite honestly not looking forward to the first week and really thinking of cancelling that one and just do the 2 weeks in canary’s one , police have become very strict today stopping us even in our cars on roundabout and making us wear face mask and checking vaccinations certificate, a lot of holiday makers getting fines for walking around without wearing mask , but making us wear in the car ‘ really’ but don’t have to wear it on the beach so that’s a bonus.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We are on her in February b2b first Amsterdam, Belgium etc then canary’s back here in March , and quite honestly not looking forward to the first week and really thinking of cancelling that one and just do the 2 weeks in canary’s one , police have become very strict today stopping us even in our cars on roundabout and making us wear face mask and checking vaccinations certificate, a lot of holiday makers getting fines for walking around without wearing mask , but making us wear in the car ‘ really’ but don’t have to wear it on the beach so that’s a bonus.

Makes us wonder when all of this is going to stop - stay safe and have a good time as much as possible

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Morning everyone. We spent our day watching Carry On films and then about 3 episodes of Jonathan Creek ! Says something about us I suppose but it sounds more entertaining than some of the other stuff on there. We miss Dr Who .......

Thank you to those of you who have recommended Gary Barlow's Strictly appearance, I have just watched it. It is probably the funniest thing I've seen for a long time as it was so bad it was entertaining. And what was with the dad dancing that went with it (from him) - classic.

That performance must be a lesson on stick to what your good at and don't try and change the tempo, beat and style of a classic song ! 

(Still funny though - if anyone hasn't seen it the link is below) Go on, give yourself a good laugh .. might break your stitches though Graham so be careful ...

Iagree that it wasn’t a great performance and I am not a Barlow fan but it seems he was singing an arrangement rigidly to fit the requirements of the dancers in front of him, hence it was rather bizarre. I have long wondered why so many successful and well liked singers appear as a special guest on the show to stand behind dancers cavorting and twirling away in front of them and taking the camera’s focus away from them. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Iagree that it wasn’t a great performance and I am not a Barlow fan but it seems he was singing an arrangement rigidly to fit the requirements of the dancers in front of him, hence it was rather bizarre. I have long wondered why so many successful and well liked singers appear as a special guest on the show to stand behind dancers cavorting and twirling away in front of them and taking the camera’s focus away from them. 

That's what we were wondering this morning - it looked like the song had been tweaked to suit the dance rather than the dance working around the song .... if that makes sense :-0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pete14 said:

PS Have to say the dancers distracting from our Gary last night looked like a blessing. Now we like Barry and (our Robbie of course) but he may one day look back at that and realise that it wasn't his finest hour  ---- it was his dad dancing that cracked me up. Looked like me and Mr Presto on the dance floor and that really is NOT good !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sadly I saw Gary perform that same song on the One Show a week or so again and it was just as dire then!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Sadly I saw Gary perform that same song on the One Show a week or so again and it was just as dire then!

Oh dear --- oh well, to be honest I have a soft spot for our Gary so will let him off the song and dire arrangement. Now the dad dancing, sorry it still makes me laugh as he looked like one of the characters off Trumpton or Camberwick Green ....

(And that is showing my age)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Worse still he's got a new Christmas album out and this song is on there !

Now if thats the song he's chosen to perform from the album for Strictly just imagine what the other songs must be like!

Amazed that wasn't the first time he sang it tbh - like I said before surely there are people around to advise him what works and what doesn't work?

If he has musical advisers - he needs new ones quick 

The reaction on Strictly Twitter is even worse than on here!

Take a look at the comments on there! 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 2

Ok I didn't /wouldn't watch Gary and maybe his singing was hard to swallow :classic_unsure:

Have any of you tried Gary's wine ? 

I tried Gary Barlow’s new wine range last night and got really drunk. :classic_ohmy:

Can’t remember much of the evening but just want to say that...

🎶 whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it.🎶 :classic_love:FBExKsyXsAMwhxN.jpg.21fb5a70cdd0feb6a08f22c9171925fe.jpg

Try it he may sound better after a few bottles :classic_wink::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

.... and on another BBC channel, I have two questions about this year's Nine lessons and nine carols, from King's College Cambridge:

1)  Why do so called modern "composers" think it is clever to write crunching dissonance in the name of music, and who selects this for inclusion in this traditional service? It isn't funny and it isn't clever!

2)   Why was it thought a good idea, with several favourite solo-choir pieces, to replace the traditional beautiful harmonies that the general public have come to love, and can only hear once a year in this service, with "new" arrangements of dull and frankly mostly banal harmonies which any 6th former could trot out for homework on the bus?

Rant over!

20 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

.... and on another BBC channel, I have two questions about this year's Nine lessons and nine carols, from King's College Cambridge:

1)  Why do so called modern "composers" think it is clever to write crunching dissonance in the name of music, and who selects this for inclusion in this traditional service? It isn't funny and it isn't clever!

2)   Why was it thought a good idea, with several favourite solo-choir pieces, to replace the traditional beautiful harmonies that the general public have come to love, and can only hear once a year in this service, with "new" arrangements of dull and frankly mostly banal harmonies which any 6th former could trot out for homework on the bus?

Rant over!

I just wish they'd have a good old Salvation Army choir and brass musicians singing / playing the traditional carols without all the cathedral choirs and harmonies etc etc. You don't have to sound like a cathedral choir to sing well ...

Re modern arrangements ---- I do believe that some think it is only good music if there are no real harmonies but just discords. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Ok I didn't /wouldn't watch Gary and maybe his singing was hard to swallow :classic_unsure:

Have any of you tried Gary's wine ? 

I tried Gary Barlow’s new wine range last night and got really drunk. :classic_ohmy:

Can’t remember much of the evening but just want to say that...

🎶 whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it.🎶 :classic_love:FBExKsyXsAMwhxN.jpg.21fb5a70cdd0feb6a08f22c9171925fe.jpg

Try it he may sound better after a few bottles :classic_wink::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Something tells me it's NOT going to be:

"The grapest day of our lives."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2