P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Wait until you see the price of the excursions and wine if you think that is a shock 😉

Having said that, still love our Celebrity fix but just saving it now for special occasions like big birthdays or retirement when it arrives. (Then after that won't be able to afford it !!!!!!)

Fortunately we have the drinks package this time. The excursions on our Alaska Celebrity cruise were silly, but !.... didn't feel to guilty nicking the pool towels.🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

3 day Speciality restaurant package from $101pp 

7 day speciality from $219pp includes lunch in speciality restaurant on sea days.

On RC 101 dollars+tip. They the redirect you to the UK site.£96 Inc gratuity. Celebrity is £132. I'll wait for a deal on Celebrity and will hang on a while for RC.

• Thanks 1

Just now, zap99 said:

On RC 101 dollars+tip. They the redirect you to the UK site.£96 Inc gratuity. Celebrity is £132. I'll wait for a deal on Celebrity and will hang on a while for RC.

On our short Anthem cruise last week our total bill in Chops Grill with our D+ offer was $65.

No gratuities were added and it says on the menu gratuities added on certain itineraries only.

I gave the waiters $10 cash tip both night's.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Fortunately we have the drinks package this time. The excursions on our Alaska Celebrity cruise were silly, but !.... didn't feel to guilty nicking the pool towels.🤣

On Royal Caribbean they scan your card when you get pool towels and if you don't return them your on board account is charged $25 per towel.

We have had a few Crown and Anchor towels as loyalty benefits which I gave to our Sarah.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:56 AM, Josy1953 said:

A beautiful sunny morning here in Stoke, the only draw back to days like this is the early alarm call from the birds at 4:15am.  The washing is out on the line and all of the housework is done so the rest of the day will be nice and easy until my niece's daughter arrived after school, she wants help with a project that she has to hand in on Friday.

have a good day everyone where ever you are and whatever you have planned

The morning chorus will never be a drawback to me.  One of the privileges of living in the glorious Perthshire countryside 😀

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

On Royal Caribbean they scan your card when you get pool towels and if you don't return them your on board account is charged $25 per towel.

We have had a few Crown and Anchor towels as loyalty benefits which I gave to our Sarah.

We were in a Barcelo hotel ,they had really nice big, fluffy, dark grey pool towels. We asked to the Lady on reception if they sold them. She looked a bit puzzled and went away. We when she came back, she said ' the manager said nobody has ever asked before, they just take them. Would 10 Euro be ok?'. Got some all packaged in their bags'. Never asked on RC. I seem to remember them a blue and white striped cardboard things.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3

Just tried the voice system out on our security camera, one of which points into garden, on a cat that stalks the birds by the feeder. It looked totally confused by me shouting at through the speaker as it couldn’t understand where is came from. It walk towards the house, I shouted once more and it shot off. 

confuse a 🐈‍⬛ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just tried the voice system out on our security camera, one of which points into garden, on a cat that stalks the birds by the feeder.

They are all talking about it  now ..  :classic_unsure:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

After being advised there could be a delay in installing out new boiler due to shortage of stock, email this evening informing me they had secured a boiler and can fit it Friday, which I have said yes to. 

Boilers are apparently suffering the same issue as new cards, shortage of semiconductors. 

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

After being advised there could be a delay in installing out new boiler due to shortage of stock, email this evening informing me they had secured a boiler and can fit it Friday, which I have said yes to. 

Boilers are apparently suffering the same issue as new cards, shortage of semiconductors. 

I ordered a new car three weeks ago, was told it would be in the country and at the garage by the end of this month (a date we and the salesman were very dubious about). Lo and behold, I got a call from the dealer yesterday asking me whether I wanted to pick it up at the end of this week. 🚘🚗

• Like 1

Funny old day here, I sat out for breakfast in lovely warm sunshine before the heavens opened, then this afternoon we had hail before that cleared to a beautiful evening.

Well with all these diseases knocking about watch out for the new one

May be an image of footwear and text that says 'First case of Croc Pox found'

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Love the Croc pox pic!  I have grey ones by the front door for nipping out and pink Mickey Mouse ones by the back door.  I even have fur-lined ones and 'best' ones, although I rarely wear them, despite having no care at all for the style police 😉

4 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Love the Croc pox pic!  I have grey ones by the front door for nipping out and pink Mickey Mouse ones by the back door.  I even have fur-lined ones and 'best' ones, although I rarely wear them, despite having no care at all for the style police 😉

I love my crocs, most comfortable shoe ever, may not suit the style police, but hey who cares? I have garden crocs, best crocs, deck crocs, walking crocs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I love my crocs, most comfortable shoe ever, may not suit the style police, but hey who cares? I have garden crocs, best crocs, deck crocs, walking crocs.

I stopped where crocs about 5 years ago, I was suffering from tendinitis my GP sent me to a podiatrist she asked me about my footwear and when I mentioned crocs she said that’s the cause, stop wearing them and tendinitis should go. After 2 months I no longer suffered, the crocs went in shoes recycling at council recycling centre and I am careful what I wear now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pete14 said:

I ordered a new car three weeks ago, was told it would be in the country and at the garage by the end of this month (a date we and the salesman were very dubious about). Lo and behold, I got a call from the dealer yesterday asking me whether I wanted to pick it up at the end of this week. 🚘🚗

What manufacturer, my neighbours new car won’t be available until late October, I now thinking of planning to change mine. 

9 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

What manufacturer, my neighbours new car won’t be available until late October, I now thinking of planning to change mine. 

It is a Honda but don’t get too hopeful. The one I am getting is the only one that was on the books in UK when I ordered it and happened to be the colour I wanted. Otherwise, the wait would be months rather than weeks.

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It is a Honda but don’t get too hopeful. The one I am getting is the only one that was on the books in UK when I ordered it and happened to be the colour I wanted. Otherwise, the wait would be months rather than weeks.

Crazy market at the moment. One year old cars, with low mileage are going for similar price for a new one. My Seat Arona cost me £19200 last March, looking at car ads, I could sell it now for around £19000, unheard of a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Morning all, hope you are all keeping well.

The weather was miserable and raining here earlier but seems to be brightening up now thankfully. Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel refused to go out earlier, her & wet weather don’t mix, she is a bit of a diva!!

All the washing & ironing is done and I am now sat down having coffee.

Got an appointment this afternoon to go look at some mother of the bride outfits. It is a second hand designer brands shop. Never been before so looking forward to that and what sort of things they stock

Take care everyone

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Crazy market at the moment. One year old cars, with low mileage are going for similar price for a new one. My Seat Arona cost me £19200 last March, looking at car ads, I could sell it now for around £19000, unheard of a couple of years ago.

The reason we purchased new (for only the second time ever). The deal we were offered  (£1500 discount and 5 years free servicing) made it at least comparable to a similar 12 month old car. 

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The reason we purchased new (for only the second time ever). The deal we were offered  (£1500 discount and 5 years free servicing) made it at least comparable to a similar 12 month old car. 

Didn't go for the 35000 this time pete.