P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,back in Italy after getting up at silly o'clock,2am,catching 6.30 flight.We were all on the same flight.41939447_IMG_20220524_202145003377.thumb.jpg.14eff8213cd28d7ae509adf1852b0923.jpg

Great picture Brian.

We called at the beach this Morning.

It is sunny and 16°C here.

IMG_20220525_103419.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great picture Brian.

We called at the beach this Morning.

It is sunny and 16°C here.

IMG_20220525_103419.jpg

Thanks Graham,30+ here now.Hotter than it was 45 days ago here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Sunny, but breezy here.

Where's your lovely picture disappeared to Eddie?

Avril

There was a chance the website I made it on wasn’t secure and might compromise things, so I asked Sharon to take it down

Everything ok with you Avril?  It’s been our Wednesday walk - wet and not terribly pleasant for the dozen humans and 4 dogs

• Like 3

Off to Cornwall next week. Shall I replace that tyre or leave it?. Computer said to check tyre pressure. The man said, sorry sir, you have a cut in your tyre it needs replacing. Oh well!, at least it was that worn one. ......it didn't cost much more than a tank of fuel....that's inflation for you.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Off to Cornwall next week. Shall I replace that tyre or leave it?. Computer said to check tyre pressure. The man said, sorry sir, you have a cut in your tyre it needs replacing. Oh well!, at least it was that worn one. ......it didn't cost much more than a tank of fuel....that's inflation for you.🤣

Just come back from Cornwall after a week's break... considerably more expensive than it was pre-covid.

In one hotel that used to have a busy bar and restaurant trade in the early evening, the manager was bemoaning that he only had seven rooms booked that night and one walk-in in the bar. Maybe it's the cost of petrol he said.

When fish and chips for two cost £35 or a couple of sarnies cost £30 and there is very little change out of £15 for a couple of drinks... the petrol is the least of the worries.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Well the weather looks as though it will be OK🤞 Can't say what the roads will be like😲

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Well the weather looks as though it will be OK🤞 Can't say what the roads will be like😲

We didn't realise it was the Jubilee weekend, oh well, we can put a take that album on continuous loop.🤣

10 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

EA925EC6-E18C-46EF-AE36-B754B00E605B.jpeg.a1dc25fa35ad334bf6b8daf0f446be5e.jpeg

Thanks for that.  My sister and I were Monkees fans as  12 and 13 year olds. I don't remember any of the posters that we decorated our shared bedroom walls with having spotty faced Monkees.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

No worries,your last post was 34999.

I thought I would leave it to somebody else. Had I known it would be you………! 😊

Being truthful, I didn’t notice ☹️

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, bobstheboy said:

Crazy market at the moment. One year old cars, with low mileage are going for similar price for a new one. My Seat Arona cost me £19200 last March, looking at car ads, I could sell it now for around £19000, unheard of a couple of years ago.

We bought our car in Aug 2020, it was one year old and 37% less than the new list price. In the last 2 years the price has gone up by 14%.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:58 PM, wowzz said:

Really gutted. Our September Baltic cruise with Saga has just been cancelled - lack of demand, reading between the lines. We were really looking forward to seeing new places, and not going to SPB was not a problem. Saga have replaced the cruise with a round Britain cruise, followed by seven days to the fjords, but we are not interested.  

So, what to do ? At this late stage other cruises in September are not cheap - we looked at Azura in September. 14 nights in a decent cabin is almost £3500 each, which is silly money, even if flights are included.

Any suggestions welcome !

Only just catching up on this thread. Sorry to hear this has been cancelled, as you say when you want to book a replacement relatively late the prices (normally) are so much higher. Non cruising friends couldn’t understand why I’d pushed back this year's cruise to next year already but the prices to move it to later this year were too high for me!

Enjoy your Princess cruise, sure you will.

Edited by P&O SUE

It’s all rather unsettled here, in life and the weather! Absolutely chucked it down Tuesday  when John and I went to pick up our grandson. My last Tuesday having him 😞 I have been so lucky that when going by bus I’ve never got wet going to get him! 

Mum and Dad still haven’t got a moving date though we’ve been assured it will be next month. I keep holding back making plans to see friends because of it! 

Workwise I did two days in the office last week but they hadn’t moved the team next door to us as planned (surprise surprise!) for our team to move into so my manager told me not to come in this week. I asked about next week (I’m only working 2 days anyway with the extra bank holiday) and she said just stay at home 😁 So dis organised it’s unbelievable! I’m still waiting to buy myself a more comfortable office chair!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We bought our car in Aug 2020, it was one year old and 37% less than the new list price. In the last 2 years the price has gone up by 14%.

Our new Ford Puma is arriving in a couple of weeks time. We ordered it last November.

I could sell it the next day and make £3000 profit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Our new Ford Puma is arriving in a couple of weeks time. We ordered it last November.

I could sell it the next day and make £3000 profit.

And enjoy the health benefits of walking! 

• Like 1

We had an extremely busy morning at our food bank this morning, and I  can p ly see it getting busier if inflation goes as predicted.  Tesco had donated some bunches of tulips but none of the clients wanted them so we volunteers have ended up having a bunch each.  We were also given a souvenir book to celebrate the Queen's jubilee.

20220526_130243.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Only just catching up on this thread. Sorry to hear this has been cancelled, as you say when you want to book a replacement relatively late the prices (normally) are so much higher. Non cruising friends couldn’t understand why I’d pushed back this year's cruise to next year already but the prices to move it to later this year were too high for me!

Enjoy your Princess cruise, sure you will.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We have decided to look for a luxury weekend to celebrate my birthday instead.

Any suggestions ?

Ideally no more than 100 miles from Lincoln.

I'm thinking Graham will know a few places !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I had my 3 year car valued in January when first thought about swapping, was valued at £12,250 just popped into dealers as was curious to see a new hybrid just launched, salesman valued it at £14, 500. Both valuations were against deals on similar new cars. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for your thoughts.

We have decided to look for a luxury weekend to celebrate my birthday instead.

Any suggestions ?

Ideally no more than 100 miles from Lincoln.

I'm thinking Graham will know a few places !

Wowzz,   Google the Tawny Hotel in Staffordshire, just under 100

miles along A50.  It’s very different and very fabulous.

Terri