P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

52 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Well I’m back.

overall I do prefer p&o to msc but I think we would use them again. Just have to know the differences. Will post something more later in the week. Busy unpacking and washing now. 

Hi. Glad you had a decent cruise. We are onboard now and so far really quite impressed but day 1. I’m posting on MSC board (WiFi allowing!).

There are indeed differences, some things better / some not. Be interesting to compare notes.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Hi. Glad you had a decent cruise. We are onboard now and so far really quite impressed but day 1. I’m posting on MSC board (WiFi allowing!).

There are indeed differences, some things better / some not. Be interesting to compare notes.

I'm following on the MSC board. Worth noting that you are in YC, so should be way better than anything P&O can offer !

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Wishing you an amazing cruise Eglesbrech.

G.

11 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Thanks for this info. Seems it will be busy tomorrow so will allow extra time. Bags are packed - Britannia here we come! 

Looking at your location it shouldn't affect you but for people travelling from the Midlands and North they need to be aware of the A34 at Oxford being closed due to a sink hole and watermain flooding.

For people travelling from the West Midlands or North West I would recommend the M5, A417 to Swindon, M4 to Newbury and then pick up the A34 from there (if the road is still closed tomorrow that is).

Why the A34 is closed in Oxfordshire today as southbound carriageway remains shut and traffic diversions are in place - Berkshire Live (getreading.co.uk)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I'm following on the MSC board. Worth noting that you are in YC, so should be way better than anything P&O can offer !

Yes I am following too - hope you have a great time.   I came back yesterday from my river cruise on Tui Maya.   Overall I had a great time, mainly because my fellow passengers were fantastic - very important when you travel solo. Everyone was very friendly and good fun.  The ports were interesting - Oberweisel,  Koblenz, Bonn, Düsseldorf, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.   Only did one tour from Amsterdam out to the countryside, otherwise did my own thing with a bit of sunbathing most afternoons as the weather was fabulous.  I felt much as Yorkshire Phil did as per his review at the beginning of the summer.  Food choice was limited,  the staff were lovely although some were very inexperienced and hadn’t had much training  - eg  the cruise director had only been with Tui 4 weeks and was already promoted to the post the day we boarded.  The airport transfers were a bit of a shambles too leaving me waiting at the airport for 2.5 hours - no one there when the plane landed so I went straight through with hand luggage and missed them.  Only when I sent a message to a lady who I met on another internet site and was already on board to get me help did they find me (at the information point) despite my phoning Tui in Britain who refused to help since I had booked online.   On the way back they sent a girl on her first day with them to Schipol with us on the coach without telling her which terminal the driver should take us to!    Overall it was enjoyable but I think I would have been a little less happy had I not got a good bargain when booking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

5 cruise ships departing Southampton today and 5 tomorrow. Coverage and commentary for today on the link below. Starting with Sky Princess at 4pm.

Ships TV- Sky Princess, MSC Virtuosa, Ventura, MSC Magnifica & Iona Departing Port Southampton - YouTube

Iona sailing at almost full capacity - 4966 pax, 1647 crew.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I'm watching your ship sailing down from Southampton while I'm cooking dinner, have a great time ☺️ 

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

have a good time. 

YC looks good. Not with the riff raft like me 😂  

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Enjoy your cruise @zap99 where are you sailing off to? I’ll be watching the Solent ships webcam later 

Thanks.Just around the Bay if Biscay, France and Northern Spain.  A quick 7 days. Next month the med on Britannia.  By November we should know the BoB quite well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Thanks.Just around the Bay if Biscay, France and Northern Spain.  A quick 7 days. Next month the med on Britannia.  By November we should know the BoB quite well.

Have a great time, I’m very jealous of those of you off on cruises, I’ve got to wait until next August.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Bon Voyage to all those starting cruises this weekend.  Looks like grand timing - there is an autumnal fell here this morning, although it’s still warm

Welcome back Vamps.  Look forward to your thoughts on the other line

D48164FA-04D3-4D78-9507-2C7279208538.thumb.jpeg.dc6baead7008c8c8cf92da48c9dadf88.jpeg

We’ve just heard our monthly gas/electric bill is going up to £390 from October 😳 

14 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We’ve just heard our monthly gas/electric bill is going up to £390 from October 😳 

Ouch!!! We have a two year fixed at £350 per month luckily. We are quite a lot on credit at the moment but sure we won’t be soon when the central heating goes on

Michelle

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Ouch!!! We have a two year fixed at £350 per month luckily. We are quite a lot on credit at the moment but sure we won’t be soon when the central heating goes on

Michelle

We were paying £140 a month, that went up to £220  a couple of months ago, soon to be £390, I dread to think what it will be if there’s more increases in the new year 🥴

13 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yikes!!!  How do you know in advance what your bill will be or is this an 'estimated' monthly average?

We pay a set amount every month until they decide it needs to go up or down so I suppose it’s calculated on expected use. My husband looked to see what the set tariffs were like but EDF seem to have stopped offering them for now.