P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to see you're enjoying the same kind of weather as me. One quick question Graham. What's a stottie?🤔 I'm a bit worried now. I've just checked and the last time Andy posted was Sunday.

Avril

Gregg's stottie bread 

If someone is mentioned in a post cc usually notify you that you were mentioning in a post so hopefully Andy& Michelle see this.

Hopefully he is just busy and they are both okay.

Screenshot_20201003_141233_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Edited by grapau27

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Gregg's stottie bread 

If someone is mentioned in a post cc usually notify you that you were mentioning in a post so hopefully Andy& Michelle see this.

Blimey Graham,I thought you were on a diet.Those things look like curling kettles.Probably nice though,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Will get off my soap boax now and pray it throws it down with rain on the 31st ! That keeps things quiet

If covid won't stop them, I doubt a soaking will. Children can be very determined when free goodies are at stake😃

Avril

19 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Blimey Graham,I thought you were on a diet.Those things look like curling kettles.Probably nice though,lol.

Lol.

I have lost 2 stone and I'm now at my target of 

12 stone 12lb.

I cut out all the saturated fat meats,sugar sweets and chocolates and today  had chicken in a half of a stottie but I threw half of it out to the seagull's.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Gregg's stottie bread 

So it's from your neck of the woods? I didn't think I'd seen it in our local Greggs. I hope Andy does get in touch. He's not normally a hit and miss poster so this is unlike him.

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So it's from your neck of the woods? I didn't think I'd seen it in our local Greggs. I hope Andy does get in touch. He's not normally a hit and miss poster so this is unlike him.

Avril

Gregg's make most of their sandwiches in Stotties.

Some sell packs of 2 Stotties on the sales shelf,if not you can ask if they have any behind the counter.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Just had a picnic watching the sea.

It has been heavily raining all morning.

Some of these seagull's in my photo had half my stottie.

Pauline has a hairdresser's appointment in 15 minutes but it is only 5 minutes drive away.

IMG_20201003_130218.jpg

It is obviously your turn to have the some of the rain we had yesterday, although we have still got the wind, admittedly not as strong as yesterday. It is nice to see the sun again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

That's what I thought.

I post on my Android mobile phone and have my phone with me all the time so it is easy for me to post a lot but if I had to keep turning my laptop on I probably would post a lot less.

Graham.

10 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

And a further quiz question, on the same general tack - who remembers what the initials TTDC stood for?

Teen and twenties disc club 😁

For many years I could recite Elvis's membership number too, but it is long lost to my memory I'm afraid.  But I can still spell Keynsham 😉

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Lol.

I have lost 2 stone and I'm now at my target of 

12 stone 12lb.

I cut out all the saturated fat meats,sugar sweets and chocolates and today  had chicken in a half of a stottie but I threw half of it out to the seagull's.

Can the poor things still fly?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

For many years I could recite Elvis's membership number too, but it is long lost to my memory I'm afraid.  But I can still spell Keynsham 😉

Spot on!  You deserve a prize for that deliberately obscure question.

And I love the Horace Batchelor reference! 

And the time by my H Samuel Everite watch.................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Splealt  K  E  Y  N............

Was that an advert for someo sort of pools forecaster?

Edited by terrierjohn

Hello folks from rainy Devon! It was a long and rainy journey but we are safely here in Lynton. The house is lovely and I hope the weather cheers up so I can get some gorgeous photos. Here is our view from the lounge 

AA0A4E3D-57D0-4EC1-B2C2-7079C1551124.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I’m not 100% sure but I think Andy was going away again after Essex?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello folks from rainy Devon! It was a long and rainy journey but we are safely here in Lynton. The house is lovely and I hope the weather cheers up so I can get some gorgeous photos. Here is our view from the lounge 

This is beautiful. Love Lynton - have a lovely time, rain or shine 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Spot on!  You deserve a prize for that deliberately obscure question.

And I love the Horace Batchelor reference! 

And the time by my H Samuel Everite watch.................

Now I'm not young at all but am totally lost on this one ......................

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Now I'm not young at all but am totally lost on this one ......................

Radio Luxembourg, early transistor radios, 1960s, adverts, and one James Savile as a DJ.

I think that about sums it up. There were ear worms such as the Horace Bachelor ads that never left you. Rather like the Shake n Vac ads!

No Radio 1 or commercial radio then, no pirates even. The wonderful Radios Caroline and London - and a few others.

34 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Great view even in the rain! Hope you have a lovely time. We’ll be doing a similar journey tomorrow, but in the opposite direction as we leave North Cornwall after being here for 4 weeks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Radio Luxembourg, early transistor radios, 1960s, adverts, and one James Savile as a DJ.

I think that about sums it up. There were ear worms such as the Horace Bachelor ads that never left you. Rather like the Shake n Vac ads!

No Radio 1 or commercial radio then, no pirates even. The wonderful Radios Caroline and London - and a few others.

Now I do remember Radio Luxembury when I was about 7 /8. Born  63 😉

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Well it looks lovely even in the rain. Have a great holiday, and everyone else who is away too. I think there are a few of you.

• Like 1

Gorgeous view.

I hope your journey down was okay and you can both relax now and have a wonderful time.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

AA0A4E3D-57D0-4EC1-B2C2-7079C1551124.thumb.jpeg.55d0f6e3dae079293f26940267a7f996.jpeg

What a beautiful view!
Did you get caught in the bad traffic on the M3? We were sat in it for an hour and a half 🥴

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

I’m not 100% sure but I think Andy was going away again after Essex?

Thank you Sue, I hope you right. I love the view from your lounge, it's stunning. Enjoy your holiday and I hope the weather improves for you.

Avril

• Like 2