P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

How about this for an uncanny experience.We were walking along the seafront in Gran Canaria and I mentioned that my mate only ever goes to Fuerteventura for holidays.as I said that a voice behind us said hello Brian.It was him and his Mrs,they obviously fancied a change of scenery,lol.

A similar thing happened to my father in Tenerife. My parents were walking along in Los Christianos and someone called Dad's name - it was someone from the same village!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, purplesea said:

A similar thing happened to my father in Tenerife. My parents were walking along in Los Christianos and someone called Dad's name - it was someone from the same village!

As someone who was supposed to be setting off on Ventura to the Canaries at the end of this week, can this conversation about Tenerife etc be over by then please! ☹️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Snap,so's mine.We have preordered a special meal in our local restaurant.Cheers,Brian.

Oh happy birthday then 🙂 Looks like an M&S special meal for us ! Out to Tatton Park for the day unless we hit tier 3 !!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh no ! And no M&S there either !!!

We've got Lidl,lol.We could have the same menu for lunch but not the same atmosphere as an evening meal.Is it your old man that likes the bread and butter pud?Good stuff in M&S,happy birthday too,cheers,Brian.

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

We've got Lidl,lol.We could have the same menu for lunch but not the same atmosphere as an evening meal.Is it your old man that likes the bread and butter pud?Good stuff in M&S,happy birthday too,cheers,Brian.

Good memory ! Yes it is, but don't tell that I knew who you meant by 'Old man' 😉.  It is his big 6 O in April and we are hoping that we manage to get away for some sort of a treat. Last year his birthday was amidst lockdown and we should be on Azura this year. Can't see that happening so we may have to call in to the 'Good Ship M&S' again ! Have as good a day as you can. 

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday to all those who have one this week.  We have both had our lockdown birthdays in March and August.  We are now looking forward to our 40th anniversary in November even though the planned celebration cruise has been cancelled.

Weare now being threatened with level 3 restrictions thanks to the idiots who don't obey the rules so we probably won't even go out for a meal. We will have to get something nice to eat from M&S and then celebrate next year.

I have been to the hairdresser's this morning to get my pre-cruise hair cut, I will have to stop talking about it otherwise David will be up in the loft getting the cases out. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Good memory ! Yes it is, but don't tell that I knew who you meant by 'Old man' 😉.  It is his big 6 O in April and we are hoping that we manage to get away for some sort of a treat. Last year his birthday was amidst lockdown and we should be on Azura this year. Can't see that happening so we may have to call in to the 'Good Ship M&S' again ! Have as good a day as you can. 

LOL,that's just a cockney expression.My birthday has been salvaged,they are allowed to do takeaways and will deliver.See how they get on with 2 portions of scallops gratin,king prawns,fillet steak and all the trimmings,Still, better than me walking in half drunk and carrying it home,lol.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Very nice I saw your pictures on here , always good to get a plan in just in case, are you in tier 2 still ?  We are flying out to Fuerteventura on Tuesday they have gone green on the island for some time now to visit family, mother-in-law has got a little bit better for us to go now so I packed the suitcase today, hopefully she stays well while we are away 

I will post some photos of my day trips out if possible 

Still tier 2.

Hope you have a great holiday in Fuerteventura.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Happy birthday on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone , it's been a dull showery day today around here and now the sun's trying to come out 

when it now sets in about a hours time .:classic_wacko:

I've just had a quick read through today's posts and don't we move on ! 

From bins to birthdays in the blink of an eye .:classic_smile:

Should cheer those up who said they don't like talking about dustbins :classic_wink:

I see a few of you have birthdays looming so I wish you all the very best from me .

When it was my wife's birthday I remember she kept leaving cruise magazines  all over the house.
I could take a hint, so  I nipped out and bought her a magazine rack.:classic_unsure:
To all who are having a birthday soon I hope you have a good one
and just remember ....  Birthdays are very  good for you !
Research has shown that people who have more of them live longer.:classic_smile:

Enjoy your day :classic_biggrin:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

IMG_20201026_183717.jpg

To give credit where credit is due, well done City of Stoke on Trent Council. All we need now is for all people to take the advice. At least there are many fewer houses around us decorated for Halloween than is usual but there is still time for that to change. Last year, we were inundated with trick or treat, mostly kids we had never seen before nor since.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pete14 said:

To give credit where credit is due, well done City of Stoke on Trent Council. All we need now is for all people to take the advice. At least there are many fewer houses around us decorated for Halloween than is usual but there is still time for that to change. Last year, we were inundated with trick or treat, mostly kids we had never seen before nor since.

No one decorated around here but have seen loads of houses decorated today in Stoke on Trent and Cheshire. I think people are making it into something big because of Covid but hope they stay away ----- and particularly from our elderly residents

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Still tier 2.

Hope you have a great holiday in Fuerteventura.

Had to change our flight today graham, mother-in-law deteriorated over night so we delayed it to next Tuesday and just go for 4 days see how she goes this week , but she picked up again later today 😡 I don’t know whether I’m coming or going 😂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Had to change our flight today graham, mother-in-law deteriorated over night so we delayed it to next Tuesday and just go for 4 days see how she goes this week , but she picked up again later today 😡 I don’t know whether I’m coming or going 😂

I'm really sorry your mother in laws health prevented you from flying tomorrow.

It's good she picked up again and hopefully next week she is fine and you can get away for 4 days.🤞

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Canary government is considering requiring all tourists to have a negative CV19 test prior to flying to the islands. Unclear if this will go ahead, or when, but probably not for a few more days.  Worth keeping your options open at this stage. 

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Canary government is considering requiring all tourists to have a negative CV19 test prior to flying to the islands. Unclear if this will go ahead, or when, but probably not for a few more days.  Worth keeping your options open at this stage. 

Thank you wowzz didn’t hear about that , we had filled out our health form and got our bar code to enter yesterday but will have to do a new one again next week 

On my OH's social media site, a 'memories' anniversary photo has just popped up from a year ago - sunset over Southampton Water just before we set off for the Canaries on Oceana.  It was a last minute booking due to Oceana's change of itinerary from Dubai.  We 'jumped' - mainly because it was a good price and we thought 'well it will be a nice break'. 

But I confess to it not being a cruise we'd been too excited about - perhaps because it wasn't one we'd booked, planned and anticipated for a long time and we'd been to all the destinations before.  Well what a mistake!  Perhaps because we didn't have high expectations, it came as a lovely surprise that we had the best of times!  Found different things to do at our PoC and thoroughly enjoyed everything about our trip.  Moral of the tale - grab your chances when you can, relax and enjoy! 

That was our last cruise and now assumes even greater feelings of warmth, pleasure and gratitude for all the opportunites and wonderful experiences we've had.  And, moreover, hopes for a resumption in the future.  For us all.  

• Like 7