P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Girls, our long battle is finally won - 2 blokes exchanging views on oven cleaning.🤣

Result!

Annie - I'm a "new man!". I can even work the washing machine, and I put the loo seat down after use! But I draw the line at dusting!

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Annie - I'm a "new man!". I can even work the washing machine, and I put the loo seat down after use! But I draw the line at dusting!

If you live on your own you have to do all these things yourself, even dusting. My best COVID purchase has been a top end Dyson vacuum cleaner. Done more vacuuming in the last month than the last 5 years 😇

I see someone got a birthday, Let me wish you a happy birthday my friend. Stay healthy, stay happy and keep cruising as long as you wish. I really hope next year will be full of joy and valuable experience. Keep it up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I see someone got a birthday, Let me wish you a happy birthday my friend. Stay healthy, stay happy and keep cruising as long as you wish. I really hope next year will be full of joy and valuable experience. Keep it up! 

Thank you Roger.

It was my birthday yesterday and it is Presto and Brian's birthday tomorrow.👍🍺

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Girls, our long battle is finally won - 2 blokes exchanging views on oven cleaning.🤣

Result!

😀😆  Thank you

My day is now happy and complete!!!

(I hope I'm not tempting fate saying that)

oops I've quoted a quote.. sorry

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, Angel57 said:

Many of the organised bonfire displays have been cancelled round here but I fear that will mean more garden displays. My poor dog shakes and is so scared of the noise etc.

I’d like to see those sold for personal use being banned or at least only allowed on 31st Oct, 5th November and 31st Dec - but I’m probably being a grumpy old woman!! 

No you're not. Poor animals, domestic and wild have to suffer for about 2 weeks. Other that 5th and the nearest Saturday, that should be that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Well it finally happened. I got the email inviting me onboard Iona. But it was only the one all the normal punters get. I'm expecting the invite to the naming ceremony soon. Come on P&O, you know where I live.

Tell them you're a mate of Gary,s.

• Like 1

I am now officially stressed out.  I wanted to replenish my craft supplies so David suggested a trip out to Hobbycraft, so off we went to Bridgemere.  It was my idea of hell, it was absolutely swarming with families who were letting their little darlings run around like they were in the playground.  We didn't manage to get into hobby craft because there was a huge queue and I was pushed by a boy while we were in the queue and knocked over, David didn't get the lights that he wanted for the garden pond from Ripples, we gave up and came home vowing never to go again during school holidays.I

I now have the deepest respect for teachers who have to put up with these children on a daily basis.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am now officially stressed out.  I wanted to replenish my craft supplies so David suggested a trip out to Hobbycraft, so off we went to Bridgemere.  It was my idea of hell, it was absolutely swarming with families who were letting their little darlings run around like they were in the playground.  We didn't manage to get into hobby craft because there was a huge queue and I was pushed by a boy while we were in the queue and knocked over, David didn't get the lights that he wanted for the garden pond from Ripples, we gave up and came home vowing never to go again during school holidays.I

I now have the deepest respect for teachers who have to put up with these children on a daily basis.

What a shame - we went last Friday and it was really quiet. Had told a friend to call in this week -- am hoping she hasn't now as it will be like a 'bus man's holiday' for her !!!!!!!

Edited by Presto2

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope you are ok Josey and no damage done , that's feral kids for you ,let me guess  no apology :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

What a shame - we went last Friday and it was really quiet. Had told a friend to call in this week -- am hoping she hasn't now as it will be like a 'bus man's holiday' for her !!!!!!!

Hopefully your friend hasn't gone this afternoon.  I think that parents are probably taking the children to buy their crafting supplies to hopefully keep them quiet whilst the weather is so grotty but I do wish they had a cage to put the kids in when they are being a nuisance.  I have come home and ordered what I wanted online so I will get everything in a few days.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope you are ok Josey and no damage done , that's feral kids for you ,let me guess  no apology :classic_unsure:

Thank you, I am fine apart from a bruised hip.  I don't really blame the kids, it is the parents responsibility to control them.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you, I am fine apart from a bruised hip.  I don't really blame the kids, it is the parents responsibility to control them.

Pleased you are okay Josy.

I see it often where parents have no control over their kids and let them run around to the annoyance of others and causing injuries like you incurred Josy.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope you are not in too much pain. I also agree with what the others have said the parents are to blame.

I have experienced children running around unsupervised when we had a hotel, which was a danger to both them and the waiting staff.  Don't get me started children and supermarket trollies!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to read about your awful experience. I hope you get over it quickly. It appears as though parenting skills are sadly lacking in too many families.

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Michelle had a similar experience today in our local farm shop.. 

She has barely been out since lockdown but the farm shop has been really well organised, only allowing one member of a family to shop etc. 

Although the signs are still up, nobody was policing it today and there were groups of 'feral' kids just running around. 

One of them pushed the trolley into Michelle, almost knocking her over. She wasn't hurt but it gave her a bit of a shock... 

The parents and staff did not say a word. 

Hope you are OK Josy, it's not pleasant... 

Andy