P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brian I think you’re in the best place , all area’s are rising even here in the Deep South our councils are talking to go to level 2 😱 , my heart goes to all up north facing more shut downs, you will have much better weather there.

Looking forward to our long weekend in the New forest. Dry, sunny days, long walks, a trip to the beach.  NOT.🤔

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thanks both.  Sitting around doing nothing is not my thing at all.  However, needs must.   Then my best friend had the audacity to tell me that maybe she shouldn't have sold her Mum's mobility scooter!!  Bloody cheek.😡

Sorry to hear about your fall Jean, and you were so looking forward to your few days away. I know it's not fun having to sit about, but the more you rest it the quicker it will heal.

Avril

• Like 1

Hope you're right Avril.  Just wish I had a definitive answer to what it is.  Ligament?  Cartilage?  Severe bone bruise?  I've looked up all those and they all say you have swelling and bruising.  I've got neither.  Grrrr.  Patience Jeannie!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Happy Birthday. I hope you manage to dodge the rain and don't let it dampen your day😉🌂

Avril

Thank you. Lovely to hear from you:-) Been really blessed with good weather .. honest. The rain stopped when we got there and then just odd spots during the 4 hours we were out. The heavens opened just as we were leaving. For anyone living close by Tatton Park is stunning at the moment ... very quiet too in the gardens. A lovely day out 🙂 🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thank you. Lovely to hear from you:-) Been really blessed with good weather .. honest. The rain stopped when we got there and then just odd spots during the 4 hours we were out. The heavens opened just as we were leaving. For anyone living close by Tatton Park is stunning at the moment ... very quiet too in the gardens. A lovely day out 🙂 🙂

We will have sneak out there tomorrow before we get locked down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So we went to Worcester, a lovely hotel right on the banks of the Severn.  Had some great food and enjoyed it apart from the fact that we had to come back early as I am crocked with my knee.  Fell on it on October 3rd, bit sore for a couple of weeks, then suddenly, can't weight bear all the time.  Physio thinks I have damaged the fibula (little bone down the outside).  Sigh.  Xray yesterday showed nothing obvious, so rest is required.  I am now definitely bored.  I did manage Worcester Cathedral.  Had no idea King John was buried there in 1215.  Him of the Magna Carta.  Worcester is a lovely place.

Have booked 5 nights away in January - fingers crossed.

Hope your knee gets better soon.

Good news there are no breaks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So we went to Worcester, a lovely hotel right on the banks of the Severn.  Had some great food and enjoyed it apart from the fact that we had to come back early as I am crocked with my knee.  Fell on it on October 3rd, bit sore for a couple of weeks, then suddenly, can't weight bear all the time.  Physio thinks I have damaged the fibula (little bone down the outside).  Sigh.  Xray yesterday showed nothing obvious, so rest is required.  I am now definitely bored.  I did manage Worcester Cathedral.  Had no idea King John was buried there in 1215.  Him of the Magna Carta.  Worcester is a lovely place.

Sorry to hear about your knee, put your feet up and rest it, hopefully you will soon be better.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Looking forward to our long weekend in the New forest. Dry, sunny days, long walks, a trip to the beach.  NOT.🤔

It’s still a lovely place to visit not too busy now just bring your wellies for new forest walks ,the weather has been a bit rough and not brightening up until beginning of next week (sorry) but it’s what you make of it and getting away from home for a few days can do the world of good for you , have a good weekend 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sorry to hear about your fall and hope it heals soon.

• Like 1

Our dinner arrived hot and fresh last night from the restaurant up the road.Scallops in a pesto crumb,Fillet steak with a blue cheese peppercorn sauce,garlic mushrooms,sliced potatoes layered with courgette and a parmesan crumb and argentine king prawnsAs a gift they gave me a cream cake and a litre20201029_161026.thumb.jpg.dd8f756cf9f829e677ddd4d0949ffdff.jpg20201029_182558.thumb.jpg.dc16e69e354934c9bbae1372935f17f0.jpg20201029_184612.thumb.jpg.cabe2918e258ceaef16b9da766a75a8d.jpg20201029_184618.thumb.jpg.d4eff5ad33c227ba295ea2e3864f353f.jpg20201029_184635.thumb.jpg.8ba59cb9191fe7ba039769f090593380.jpg of prosecco.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our dinner arrived hot and fresh last night from the restaurant up the road.Scallops in a pesto crumb,Fillet steak with a blue cheese peppercorn sauce,garlic mushrooms,sliced potatoes layered with courgette and a parmesan crumb and argentine king prawnsAs a gift they gave me a cream cake and a litre20201029_161026.thumb.jpg.dd8f756cf9f829e677ddd4d0949ffdff.jpg20201029_182558.thumb.jpg.dc16e69e354934c9bbae1372935f17f0.jpg20201029_184612.thumb.jpg.cabe2918e258ceaef16b9da766a75a8d.jpg20201029_184618.thumb.jpg.d4eff5ad33c227ba295ea2e3864f353f.jpg20201029_184635.thumb.jpg.8ba59cb9191fe7ba039769f090593380.jpg of prosecco.

Nice birthday feast you have there bro, it's making my mouth water just looking at it. I'm glad you had a good day😊

By the way, I can't see the cake. Don't tell me you'd already eaten it!!😁

Sis

• Haha 1

We go into Tier 2 from midnight Friday 30 Oct, it’s not a surprise as cases rise, plus 6 deaths in local hospital. Looking at local councils SM page following the announcement yesterday given the comments by a number posters it won’t be long before we are in Tier 3. We have the usual it’s all a hoax, it’s only a version of flu, the test are wrong, if you don’t get tested than there will be no lockdown, plus a few that say the council have forced Tier 2 by fiddling the figures ( the council doesn’t provide them PHE) or they are getting backhanders from the Government (we have a Labour Council, no chance of backhanders).

However off SM, I went to Local Post Office yesterday to post off my hearing aids for repair, hospital audiology current only doing repairs by post, my wife not pleased as has to keep repeating stuff. Took a while to find a parking space as construction of a Testing Centre Taking place on main car park. Walking through street to post office 100% of the people I saw were wearing masks, social distancing was maintained short queue at counter. Same with my visit to Farm Shop this morning, short queue for hand washing facility before you go in, pick up basket do shopping and leave, baskets sprayed and wiped down before reuse. They have it off to a fine art, after all they have been doing it since March.

My brother told me yesterday that his step daughter has caught the virus, she is OK, but he has some concerns due to her asthma. Steward & his  wife at local sports & social club tested positive so that is closed now, local authority tracers trying to contact all those who have visited. Plus local primary school Year 5 have been told to isolate after a teacher & 2 pupils tested positive. There does seem to be more local cases than back in March/April or perhaps communication is better now. 

Stay safe. Be Kind. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We go into Tier 2 from midnight Friday 30 Oct,

Just keep taking care like you have been doing and you will be fine regardless of what tier you are in .

The silly "it's a hoax " brigade are nationwide unfortunately ,some of them will learn the hard way unfortunately.

I just wish more people had the stance and conviction your farm shop has and we would have a better chance of

lowering the infection rate sooner .

Maybe the figures are higher due to better detection ,we have moved on a lot since March but by ignoring the 

figures will not make it go away.   

:classic_smile: 1498555660_covidsafe.png.48f30cb22608b42a8b671a85af20b83e.png  :classic_smile:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice birthday feast you have there bro, it's making my mouth water just looking at it. I'm glad you had a good day😊

By the way, I can't see the cake. Don't tell me you'd already eaten it!!😁

Sis

Here's what's left sis,cheers,bro.20201030_130538.thumb.jpg.4ded5e0750bba05dd2fb163cdcc8d28d.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Funnily my M&S special meal didn't look like that 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

My brother told me yesterday that his step daughter has caught the virus, she is OK, but he has some concerns due to her asthma. Steward & his  wife at local sports & social club tested positive so that is closed now, local authority tracers trying to contact all those who have visited. Plus local primary school Year 5 have been told to isolate after a teacher & 2 pupils tested positive. There does seem to be more local cases than back in March/April or perhaps communication is better now. 

Stay safe. Be Kind. 

We were saying that - there do seem to be more people that either we know, or friends know who have had it / have it. I also think though that there is far more testing so those tests are picking up people who are positive but with no symptoms or just feel under the weather.

Anyway, stay safe yourself and take care

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Funnily my M&S special meal didn't look like that 😉

Nor did my Fish ,Chips & Mushy Peas and I had to go collect it myself :classic_sad:

It was click & collect and they didn't do Liver or even deliver :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

That made us both laugh ! So true!

Having pasta tonight so a nice Pinot and the Tiramisu will come out as well ! 

One of my favourites is the M&S chicken kiev,especially the new range they have.Is it the extra special or something like that?Cheers,Brian.

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

One of my favourites is the M&S chicken kiev,especially the new range they have.Is it the extra special or something like that?Cheers,Brian.

Thanks, will give it a go before we go back to work and go back to calories watching 😉 

• Like 1