P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I am now officially stressed out.  I wanted to replenish my craft supplies so David suggested a trip out to Hobbycraft, so off we went to Bridgemere.  It was my idea of hell, it was absolutely swarming with families who were letting their little darlings run around like they were in the playground.  We didn't manage to get into hobby craft because there was a huge queue and I was pushed by a boy while we were in the queue and knocked over, David didn't get the lights that he wanted for the garden pond from Ripples, we gave up and came home vowing never to go again during school holidays.I

I now have the deepest respect for teachers who have to put up with these children on a daily basis.

This is one of the reasons we don't venture out during school hols and certainly wouldn't cruise during one. Parents have no control over their kids......or don't care!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Presto2 said:

What a shame - we went last Friday and it was really quiet. Had told a friend to call in this week -- am hoping she hasn't now as it will be like a 'bus man's holiday' for her !!!!!!!

Happy birthday Presto.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thank you for the birthday messages. Same to you Brian. Hope the rain keeps off so we can have a nice day at Tatton Park. If not it looks like umbrellas and wellies at the ready. 🙂

Happy Birthday. Having just walked the dog, sadly I believe umbrellas and wellies are the minimum required. Have a good day regardless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh well would normally be in Blackpool for the lights so used to getting drenched in pouring rain and howling winds. Going out before they lock us down and we aren't allowed out of the city. .... wish us luck. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Brian I think you’re in the best place , all area’s are rising even here in the Deep South our councils are talking to go to level 2 😱 , my heart goes to all up north facing more shut downs, you will have much better weather there.

Thanks,we're in the deep South in Italy on the same latitude as Athens.Yesterday was cold and stormy.Today, walking on the seafront in shorts.I'm in no rush to get home but my OH is closer to her family,so will try and find a route home soon when the dust has settled,cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh well would normally be in Blackpool for the lights so used to getting drenched in pouring rain and howling winds. Going out before they lock us down and we aren't allowed out of the city. .... wish us luck. 

🤞🥂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks,we're in the deep South in Italy on the same latitude as Athens.Yesterday was cold and stormy.Today, walking on the seafront in shorts.I'm in no rush to get home but my OH is closer to her family,so will try and find a route home soon when the dust has settled,cheers,Brian.

Best of luck with that Brian, although I think it might be Spring next year before this second wave is finally over.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Best of luck with that Brian, although I think it might be Spring next year before this second wave is finally over.

I'll give you my Italian address for the Christmas card then.Seriously though this lockdown in France and Germany is not as strict as last time.My main worry is whether stopovers will be available.We are booking apartments rather than hotels so may be easier.French PM is confirming details tonight so keeping my fingers crossed.Traditional Xmas dinner here is a 7 course fish meal,lol.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brian I think you’re in the best place , all area’s are rising even here in the Deep South our councils are talking to go to level 2 😱 , my heart goes to all up north facing more shut downs, you will have much better weather there.

Yes, the weather's a bit grim isn't it?  Not too appealing going to the hut at the moment I guess. ☹️  But the infection trend is upwards.  Local paper indicates the Council isn't preparing for Tier 2 - yet!  There is an update at 5pm today so we will see if there has been a decision made then.  As you say though we have fared much better than many.  We have friends who live within the Greater Manchester area and have have Tier 3 with a small break at Tier 2 for months now.  And I know many on here have had those restrictions too.  

I must try to keep positive and cheerful - so many awful stories in the news that I am conscious that we are light years better off than many and just have to roll with it, but I had definitely been hanging on to the idea that things would be so much better by the Autumn.  Let's hope the little flickers of light at the end of the tunnel begin to shine much brighter soon and in the meantime, keep well and safe everyone. 

• Like 6

So we went to Worcester, a lovely hotel right on the banks of the Severn.  Had some great food and enjoyed it apart from the fact that we had to come back early as I am crocked with my knee.  Fell on it on October 3rd, bit sore for a couple of weeks, then suddenly, can't weight bear all the time.  Physio thinks I have damaged the fibula (little bone down the outside).  Sigh.  Xray yesterday showed nothing obvious, so rest is required.  I am now definitely bored.  I did manage Worcester Cathedral.  Had no idea King John was buried there in 1215.  Him of the Magna Carta.  Worcester is a lovely place.

Have booked 5 nights away in January - fingers crossed.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 3

Jean I hope your knee gets better soon and it’s good that you have no serious injury and hopefully rest will sort it out , so no walking your lovely dog .

Worcester is a lovely place and hope you do get to go in January you certainly deserve it after all your failed attempts this year 

25 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So we went to Worcester, a lovely hotel right on the banks of the Severn.  Had some great food and enjoyed it apart from the fact that we had to come back early as I am crocked with my knee.  Fell on it on October 3rd, bit sore for a couple of weeks, then suddenly, can't weight bear all the time.  Physio thinks I have damaged the fibula (little bone down the outside).  Sigh.  Xray yesterday showed nothing obvious, so rest is required.  I am now definitely bored.  I did manage Worcester Cathedral.  Had no idea King John was buried there in 1215.  Him of the Magna Carta.  Worcester is a lovely place.

Have booked 5 nights away in January - fingers crossed.

Hope your knee gets better soon Jean and such a pity you could not make the Cathedral for midday as you could

have joined in with the kings service .:classic_unsure::classic_wink:    Enjoy your time resting :classic_smile:

• Like 2

Thanks both.  Sitting around doing nothing is not my thing at all.  However, needs must.   Then my best friend had the audacity to tell me that maybe she shouldn't have sold her Mum's mobility scooter!!  Bloody cheek.😡

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hope the rain keeps off so we can have a nice day at Tatton Park. If not it looks like umbrellas and wellies at the ready. 🙂

Happy Birthday. I hope you manage to dodge the rain and don't let it dampen your day😉🌂

Avril

• Thanks 1