P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, P&O SUE said:

😂😂 what a plonker ! I’ve had a bad head this afternoon and am still a bit woozy! That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! I’d better get back to ‘I’m a celeb’ ...!

Ive just realised - I don’t get green ones any more - I bring my own 😂

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My eldest daughter is 23rd December. Our family has five birthdays in December, so have got into the habit of getting cards, etc early.

DW's birthday is the day after valentine's. Once I got her a valentine's card and wrote in black marker.. +Birthday. I only did the once. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Wow that is a tough birthday. I always feel sorry for people with Christmas birthdays. As I said November had no sign of Christmas when I was younger. Last year I got a gift card for a friend with  a November birthday and all the pictures on them were Christmassy!! I said to her ‘some of us have birthdays too you know!’ 

We always made  sure that he had a real birthday as well. Christmas morning he opened his christmas presents and birthday cards. After dinner was his birthday, and we celebrated with a birthday tea with a cake  and then he opened his birthday presents which were wrapped in birthday paper. 

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks to Internet shopping, for the first time ever, I've completed my Christmas present shopping. I'm usually still running around at the last minute. Fortunately at the moment ,I've nothing better to do than wait in for delivery men.😄

Avril

As regards internet shopping, just be aware that Currys are currently drowning in on line order problems, and if you have any need to return an order be prepared for an even worse IT experience than P&O, with a returns system that is not fit for purpose and a website that offers no phone contact or e-mail address.  It does have an excellent video call feature, but this is geared to selling not solving problems. 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:57 PM, AnnieC said:

I'm delighted to hear that, and long may it last. Has he been able to reduce any medication post surgery?

Unfortunately my Grandson has just had a few really bad days with lots of pain.

His doctor sent him to hospital for some tests, nothing new was found but they are increasing his medication again.

It seems that this dam Crohns is not going away even after the operation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As regards internet shopping, just be aware that Currys are currently drowning in on line order problems, and if you have any need to return an order be prepared for an even worse IT experience than P&O, with a returns system that is not fit for purpose and a website that offers no phone contact or e-mail address.  It does have an excellent video call feature, but this is geared to selling not solving problems. 

Good advice, John.

Currys has had an appalling reputation for years, but since the original lockdown it's consistently managed to beat its own low standards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks to Internet shopping, for the first time ever, I've completed my Christmas present shopping. I'm usually still running around at the last minute. Fortunately at the moment ,I've nothing better to do than wait in for delivery men.😄

Avril

Have you got my present? Just a clue - red wine never offends.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

His doctor sent him to hospital for some tests, nothing new was found but they are increasing his medication again.

Sorry to hear that, Bloodaxe.

Crohn's is a tough one to cope with - though I have a cousin who used to have really bad problems when she was much younger and much fewer now.  Is it something that might lessen in time, perhaps?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good advice, John.

Currys has had an appalling reputation for years, but since the original lockdown it's consistently managed to beat its own low standards.

I've used AOL a few times with no problems. 

And, strangely enough, Argos are pretty good as well.

But Currys - awful.

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've used AOL a few times with no problems. 

And, strangely enough, Argos are pretty good as well.

But Currys - awful.

I’ve not had much luck with AO. I bought a freezer from them a few years ago. It was delivered just fine, and we let it stand for several hours as instructed before plugging it. There was a gentle pop...... and nothing else happened, it was completely dead. It was a right old kerfuffle to get them to take it back and deliver a replacement. A couple of years later, I gave them another try for a new washing machine. It was to be delivered between 7am and 7pm. At 7.30am, I got a text to say they had tried to deliver but we weren’t in. They hadn’t tried very hard as they hadn’t even called at our house. I had to get quite ferocious on the phone to get them to come back and deliver it on the same day. After all that I won’t use AO again.

On Monday, I ordered a new TV from John Lewis. It was delivered yesterday as instructed and installed for us. I like buying from JL as the service is generally good and you get a 5 year warranty.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve not had much luck with AO. I bought a freezer from them a few years ago. It was delivered just fine, and we let it stand for several hours as instructed before plugging it. There was a gentle pop...... and nothing else happened, it was completely dead. It was a right old kerfuffle to get them to take it back and deliver a replacement. A couple of years later, I gave them another try for a new washing machine. It was to be delivered between 7am and 7pm. At 7.30am, I got a text to say they had tried to deliver but we weren’t in. They hadn’t tried very hard as they hadn’t even called at our house. I had to get quite ferocious on the phone to get them to come back and deliver it on the same day. After all that I won’t use AO again.

On Monday, I ordered a new TV from John Lewis. It was delivered yesterday as instructed and installed for us. I like buying from JL as the service is generally good and you get a 5 year warranty.

We all have different experiences. I just gave mine.

The problem is that most of us don't buy white goods very often, and obviously most people only write after a bad experience.

After your post, we can now say that 50% of Cruise Critic posters recommend AO (or don't recommend them,  depending on your viewpoint)

To be fair, AO are basically just a delivery company, which is why, when things go wrong,  there can be issues. In your case, why not deal direct with the manufacturer? Our dish washer, delivered by AO had an issue after 6 months. Made a call to the manufacturer, got an engineer out - sorted.   

5 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

I am so sorry, Bloodaxe - poor boy. Crohn's is horrid.

Hope the increased medication helps.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Glad you got there ok, you must be knackered! Enjoy your  rest and voddies. Switzerland next stop?

Sis

Yes,a border town called Chiasso next to Como.Getting cold already, single figures,driving thru the Alps tomorrow into the Alsace.Only 4 hr drive today.Not as equally spaced as I wanted but a lot of rentals are closed so have to make do,cheers,bro.

Just now, AnnieC said:

And good morning, Eglesbrech. Always up early and thought I was the only one too.

I’ve already had the first coffee of the morning. Still pitch black outside here and heaving with rain. Hopefully it will get better. Have a good day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Yes,a border town called Chiasso next to Como.Getting cold already, single figures,driving thru the Alps tomorrow into the Alsace.Only 4 hr drive today.Not as equally spaced as I wanted but a lot of rentals are closed so have to make do,cheers,bro.

And good morning to you too Brian. 

Have a good journey home.

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

And good morning to you too Brian. 

Have a good journey home.

Ditto from me, Brian. It's a lovely run through Switzerland, though imagine it's worn a little thin for you and you just want the drive over and done with.

Where is everyone? It's nearly lunch time.😄

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Drive safely Brian. 

The Alps... Alsace.. Hornchurch, the Holy Grail.. 😊

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

We all have different experiences. I just gave mine.

The problem is that most of us don't buy white goods very often, and obviously most people only write after a bad experience.

After your post, we can now say that 50% of Cruise Critic posters recommend AO (or don't recommend them,  depending on your viewpoint)

To be fair, AO are basically just a delivery company, which is why, when things go wrong,  there can be issues. In your case, why not deal direct with the manufacturer? Our dish washer, delivered by AO had an issue after 6 months. Made a call to the manufacturer, got an engineer out - sorted.   

Mixed feelings about AO... 

We have had multiple items from them without issue, but our last 2 dealings have been a nightmare. 

The sub contract delivery people they are using down here just don't seem to give a monkeys.

Our freezer turned up at 11.15 at night, despite our slot being 2-5 and our vacuum cleaner didn't arrive at all but they swore it was delivered and even signed the document in my name.. 

We have a 'Ring' doorbell that records, so could prove they had never entered our street that day. 

They did send another one weeks later... 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Have a good journey to today Brian sounds like a beautiful mountain drive 🚘🏔

Im up had my tea and now off to beach hut for a fry up 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1