P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I emailed the Russian embassy last year to see if I could get a Russian passport based on my Mum's dual nationality.  Never got a reply.  Probably dodged a bullet there!

That would be great you could maybe get to vote in American elections as well .:classic_wink: :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

He said 350.000.  In a post yesterday? someone mentioned the vials hold 6 doses and because some people weren't turning up for their booked appointments😲(unbelievable!!) part vials were having to be discarded, and after seeing the mass London exodus Saturday evening as well, only proves that the great British public also have to shoulder a lot of the blame for this ongoing pandemic.

Avril

Avril. How can you blame the public. Everyone on here, it seems is blaming the government. For everything. Shoulddoneitdifferent.gov

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If the government change the regs, you might find that in the future, number plates displaying the EU flag become illegal.  Or at the least when you go to get a new set, having the EU flag on your number is no longer an option.  

I've obviously got nothing better to do this afternoon....

Just looked on Halfords website and there is no longer a facility to specify any flag on number plates.  However, gov.uk shows that flags and identifying letters can be used:

Displaying number plates: Flags, symbols and identifiers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I emailed the Russian embassy last year to see if I could get a Russian passport based on my Mum's dual nationality.  Never got a reply.  Probably dodged a bullet there!

It's not the bullets you should be worried about. They are quite good with virrus's

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I've obviously got nothing better to do this afternoon....

Just looked on Halfords website and there is no longer a facility to specify any flag on number plates.  However, gov.uk shows that flags and identifying letters can be used:

Displaying number plates: Flags, symbols and identifiers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I might be being stupid, but it seems to contradict itself.  First of all it says you can have the Flag and 2 letters on the left hand side of the number plate.  Then further down it says this "The flag must be above the identifier. You cannot have the flag or letters on the number plate margin, and neither can be more than 50 millimetres wide.

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I might be being stupid, but it seems to contradict itself.  First of all it says you can have the Flag and 2 letters on the left hand side of the number plate.  Then further down it says this "The flag must be above the identifier. You cannot have the flag or letters on the number plate margin, and neither can be more than 50 millimetres wide.

I'll get plain plates and a GB sticker. At least when I buy a new car I can peel the sticker off and put it on the new one🤣

• Like 1

All of this seems to stem from the slow start to the vaccination programme which is essential if we’re to get a grip on a virus which the government has said is out of control.

Half a million since the programme started is nowhere near where we need to be, but we have an ominous silence on what’s going wrong - except from the GPs at the sharp end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Avril. How can you blame the public. Everyone on here, it seems is blaming the government. For everything. Shoulddoneitdifferent.gov

I'm so sorry Zap, I don't know what came over me😟 I must remember not to use my unbiased non-political common sense again. 

Everybodysfaultbutmine.com

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I worry that the forthcoming lettuce shortage is just the tip of the iceberg.😂

Don't worry Annie, Cos it might not happen. It's the same for us all whether you voted Leave or Romaine😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just out of curiosity, what’s happening about Covid vaccinations around the country?  Nothing at all here so far, with local GP practices saying they can’t start the programme because the promised vaccine for the highest risk groups still hasn’t arrived and won’t arrive until after Christmas at the earliest. 

We’re in North Kent, my parents aged 81 and 83 haven’t had any notification of their vaccine yet but the group of GP’s my practice belongs to have started vaccinating. I spoke to a patient ( I do admin for NHS) today in her 80’s and she’s at another practice in our area and she had her vaccine the other day and has to go back the first week in January for her second dose. We live 10 minutes car journey apart!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just out of curiosity, what’s happening about Covid vaccinations around the country?  Nothing at all here so far, with local GP practices saying they can’t start the programme because the promised vaccine for the highest risk groups still hasn’t arrived and won’t arrive until after Christmas at the earliest. 

My in-laws had their 1st jab today, they are both in late 80’s, there was a queue at their local medical practice appears GPs had called in all their active and less active 80 year olds yesterday and today. They are both happy to have had it, they had to sit for 15 mins after jab before they were let go. Back in New Year for second jab. They live in North Warwickshire.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

Lettuce believe that.

I'll get me coit.

I knew I could rely on you all to cheer me up.

Stolen again, this time from Tim Shipman:

The number of lorries stacked in Kent has “fluctuated” upwards from Boris Johnson’s 170 to more than 1,500 says Priti Patel. Also fluctuating upwards: the nation’s blood pressure

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Oh those poor lorry drivers all parked up on the runway at the old Manston airport. 😞 Many of them are trying to get back to their families for Christmas. Operation ‘stack’ has caused me grief many times in the past but obviously we're not going anywhere at the moment. At least it’s not completely stuffing up all the main roads in Kent as they’re actually organised this time but I do feel sorry for the lorry drivers.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh those poor lorry drivers all parked up on the runway at the old Manston airport. 😞 Many of them are trying to get back to their families for Christmas. Operation ‘stack’ has caused me grief many times in the past but obviously we're not going anywhere at the moment. At least it’s not completely stuffing up all the main roads in Kent as they’re actually organised this time but I do feel sorry for the lorry drivers.

It is very sad, things are bad enough without not getting home for Christmas.

Looks like the brexit planning for trucks going into Europe may have paid off, imagine if the facilities to hold the trucks were not in place.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is very sad, things are bad enough without not getting home for Christmas.

Looks like the brexit planning for trucks going into Europe may have paid off, imagine if the facilities to hold the trucks were not in place.

Exactly and the supermarkets have said they’ve been stockpiling food in preparation for Brexit so that’s helped too. Although I do wish the press wouldn’t whip up hysteria that food ‘could’ run out because that’s what makes people rush out and panic buy.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I knew I could rely on you all to cheer me up.

Stolen again, this time from Tim Shipman:

The number of lorries stacked in Kent has “fluctuated” upwards from Boris Johnson’s 170 to more than 1,500 says Priti Patel. Also fluctuating upwards: the nation’s blood pressure

I'm going to have to stop watching the news so much again I think, it’s so depressing and frustrating. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I worry that the forthcoming lettuce shortage is just the tip of the iceberg.😂

(Unashamedly stolen from Richard Osman's twitter account)

Ah! lettuce, the cos of all our problems

edit - drat, pipped at the post

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Exactly and the supermarkets have said they’ve been stockpiling food in preparation for Brexit so that’s helped too. Although I do wish the press wouldn’t whip up hysteria that food ‘could’ run out because that’s what makes people rush out and panic buy.

The worst thing that can happen is when someone says "no need to stockpile"

• Like 2