Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well that's quite clear 

 

"No person who lives in the Tier 4 area may leave or be outside of the place where they are living without reasonable excuse."

 

So the police have every right to go and turf them out.  I hope they do.

I agree entirely. Just wait for those reasonable excuses though! Quite a few options to choose from in the legislation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well that's quite clear 

 

"No person who lives in the Tier 4 area may leave or be outside of the place where they are living without reasonable excuse."

 

So the police have every right to go and turf them out.  I hope they do.

Quite right. Friends are telling me on the phone that there are lights in many of the numerous second homes in the villages around here. But if we complain openly, so many will start accusing us of being anti-English. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kalos said:

I love the way some of these regulations are put together :classic_smile:

 

Restrictions on leaving home 1.—(1) No person who lives in the Tier 4 area may leave or be

outside of the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

 

 

  (3) This paragraph does not apply to any person who is homeless.

 

Thank goodness (3) cleared that up :classic_unsure:

Jeans offenders could claim secondhomelessnincompoopery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my daughter and her husband have both just had their covid test results. She is negative, he is positive, which I simply don't believe - she went into the office and got classic symptoms five days later, he became ill with similar symptoms a few days later, having self isolated in the interim.

 

At least she has the sense to know it's a false negative (or his is a false positive, but they don't believe that). However, you have to wonder how many people are cheerily strolling around having had a false negative test results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Quite right. Friends are telling me on the phone that there are lights in many of the numerous second homes in the villages around here. But if we complain openly, so many will start accusing us of being anti-English. 

Maybe a few anonymous calls to the police then?  
 

Don’t happen to remember that very funny Not The 9 o’clock News sketch do you?  Come home to a real fire........😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Well, my daughter and her husband have both just had their covid test results. She is negative, he is positive, which I simply don't believe - she went into the office and got classic symptoms five days later, he became ill with similar symptoms a few days later, having self isolated in the interim.

 

At least she has the sense to know it's a false negative (or his is a false positive, but they don't believe that). However, you have to wonder how many people are cheerily strolling around having had a false negative test results.

It was four and a half days after my first symptoms when I got a bad fever and the next day I got a test which came back positive the following morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Well, my daughter and her husband have both just had their covid test results. She is negative, he is positive, which I simply don't believe - she went into the office and got classic symptoms five days later, he became ill with similar symptoms a few days later, having self isolated in the interim.

 

At least she has the sense to know it's a false negative (or his is a false positive, but they don't believe that). However, you have to wonder how many people are cheerily strolling around having had a false negative test results.

Annie, is it possible that your daughter has fully recovered  from covid, and that is the reason for her negative test?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Annie, is it possible that your daughter has fully recovered  from covid, and that is the reason for her negative test?

That's what we think - by the time it rolled up, the test was around a week after her first symptoms. She's going to see if she can snag an antibody test in a week or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
After the announcement, I am sorry but this Christmas there is no way that I am not seeing family and friends. You can do what you like, but I will be seeing them
.
So, on Christmas Day, the following family will be at the table......
 
 
Auntie Stella & Uncle Jameson, with cousin Bailey, Malibu & Smirnoff, & the twins Gin & Tonic,
Scottish cousins Johnny Walker and Glen Moray, & from across the pond, bringing some old fashioned southern comfort with them my old cousins, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam,
My French mate Remy Martin & his friend Pernod, my Spanish mate Jose Cuevro & his cousin Martini, & Bianco, & her daughter tequila my Greek friends Ouzo & Sambuca,
My friends Brandy, Fosters, Snowball & mickey slim,
My Neighbours Captain Morgan & the Grants, the Bells, & the Cointreau's, & the Henneseys,
Uncle Charlie can't make an appearance though.....not good around the kids... although Auntie Stella is on a warning!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:
After the announcement, I am sorry but this Christmas there is no way that I am not seeing family and friends. You can do what you like, but I will be seeing them
.
So, on Christmas Day, the following family will be at the table......
 
 
Auntie Stella & Uncle Jameson, with cousin Bailey, Malibu & Smirnoff, & the twins Gin & Tonic,
Scottish cousins Johnny Walker and Glen Moray, & from across the pond, bringing some old fashioned southern comfort with them my old cousins, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam,
My French mate Remy Martin & his friend Pernod, my Spanish mate Jose Cuevro & his cousin Martini, & Bianco, & her daughter tequila my Greek friends Ouzo & Sambuca,
My friends Brandy, Fosters, Snowball & mickey slim,
My Neighbours Captain Morgan & the Grants, the Bells, & the Cointreau's, & the Henneseys,
Uncle Charlie can't make an appearance though.....not good around the kids... although Auntie Stella is on a warning!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I think you should invite the Andrews sisters, they live next door to the Asprins.🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:
After the announcement, I am sorry but this Christmas there is no way that I am not seeing family and friends. You can do what you like, but I will be seeing them
.
So, on Christmas Day, the following family will be at the table......
 
 
Auntie Stella & Uncle Jameson, with cousin Bailey, Malibu & Smirnoff, & the twins Gin & Tonic,
Scottish cousins Johnny Walker and Glen Moray, & from across the pond, bringing some old fashioned southern comfort with them my old cousins, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam,
My French mate Remy Martin & his friend Pernod, my Spanish mate Jose Cuevro & his cousin Martini, & Bianco, & her daughter tequila my Greek friends Ouzo & Sambuca,
My friends Brandy, Fosters, Snowball & mickey slim,
My Neighbours Captain Morgan & the Grants, the Bells, & the Cointreau's, & the Henneseys,
Uncle Charlie can't make an appearance though.....not good around the kids... although Auntie Stella is on a warning!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

 

 

               images.png.879f897d8695b4863f5f23c02975a4a5.pngfbc823dce14f266652c1f261d1d2f3a0.jpg.0576c65022589bfcef770db231a38557.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:
After the announcement, I am sorry but this Christmas there is no way that I am not seeing family and friends. You can do what you like, but I will be seeing them
.
So, on Christmas Day, the following family will be at the table......
 
 
Auntie Stella & Uncle Jameson, with cousin Bailey, Malibu & Smirnoff, & the twins Gin & Tonic,
Scottish cousins Johnny Walker and Glen Moray, & from across the pond, bringing some old fashioned southern comfort with them my old cousins, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam,
My French mate Remy Martin & his friend Pernod, my Spanish mate Jose Cuevro & his cousin Martini, & Bianco, & her daughter tequila my Greek friends Ouzo & Sambuca,
My friends Brandy, Fosters, Snowball & mickey slim,
My Neighbours Captain Morgan & the Grants, the Bells, & the Cointreau's, & the Henneseys,
Uncle Charlie can't make an appearance though.....not good around the kids... although Auntie Stella is on a warning!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Will you be able to fit them all in

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So just had the local police visit my office.  They have already visited 3 properties that should be empty and found Londoners in their second homes.  won't be long before we are Tier 4 down here if this continues   She also said the pubs in the area are considering closing as people are demanding tables for 12 people and when told "no" they are getting abusive.  I give up😞

I'm not surprised, as soon as they were put into tier 4 they all started to leave if the news can be believed. 

Why was all public transport not stopped from leaving tier 4 areas ? 

Why were major routes out of London not monitored and vehicles turned back ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm not surprised, as soon as they were put into tier 4 they all started to leave if the news can be believed. 

Why was all public transport not stopped from leaving tier 4 areas ? 

Why were major routes out of London not monitored and vehicles turned back ?

 

Unfortunately the Thin Blue is.....too thin

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Too busy policing the cycle lanes.

I have no problem with cycle lanes being policed provided they police the cyclists who do not have lights fitted to bikes and ignore traffic lights etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Too busy policing the cycle lanes.

No - just not enough police now to carry out even normal duties, let alone these additional ones.  Huge areas of unpoliced activity, including burglary, internet and telephone fraud, theft, to name but a small number.  As a result of which, criminals have little fear of being caught, and do more or less as they please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Well, my daughter and her husband have both just had their covid test results. She is negative, he is positive, which I simply don't believe - she went into the office and got classic symptoms five days later, he became ill with similar symptoms a few days later, having self isolated in the interim.

 

At least she has the sense to know it's a false negative (or his is a false positive, but they don't believe that). However, you have to wonder how many people are cheerily strolling around having had a false negative test results.


A friend of my sisters has been very poorly with all the Covid symptoms. Both family members that she lives with had Covid so it seemed almost certain that she was positive when she first went down with the symptoms, however she tested negative. After a few days she was getting a lot worse so was tested again. Negative. A week later she felt very ill indeed with all the textbook symptoms and was tested a third time. Still negative. She thought it was ridiculous so spoke to her Dr who said that as many as 30% of test results were inaccurate. How much truth there is in that statistic I don’t know, but the testing system is certainly not 100% accurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My new blue passport has just arrived, only 9 days after I applied so impressed by the service. I am not impressed with the passport increase seems flimsy compared to the old red one.  I just need somewhere to go to use it, preferably a cruise. 😊😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

No - just not enough police now to carry out even normal duties, let alone these additional ones.  Huge areas of unpoliced activity, including burglary, internet and telephone fraud, theft, to name but a small number.  As a result of which, criminals have little fear of being caught, and do more or less as they please.

 

We all know they are understaffed and sad to say they have very little respect from those 

who commit crimes anyway .You only have to watch some of the TV shows, where a child 

is not strapped in a car seat .Watch the abuse the copper gets for daring to stop them .

I would not do their job for a gold pig , they are even expected to cover for the mentally 

ill due to lack of cover from our overstretched nhs /ambulance service.

Leaving politics out of it I think they do a great job overall.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selbourne said:


A friend of my sisters has been very poorly with all the Covid symptoms. Both family members that she lives with had Covid so it seemed almost certain that she was positive when she first went down with the symptoms, however she tested negative. After a few days she was getting a lot worse so was tested again. Negative. A week later she felt very ill indeed with all the textbook symptoms and was tested a third time. Still negative. She thought it was ridiculous so spoke to her Dr who said that as many as 30% of test results were inaccurate. How much truth there is in that statistic I don’t know, but the testing system is certainly not 100% accurate. 

 I had the flu jab and the pneumonia jab weeks before I got covid19 so knew it was very likely covid19 and my positive result confirmed it.

Maybe she had the flu which has similar symptoms.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...