P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morrisons online had no 'ordinary' smoked bacon when I ordered.  They only had their special stuff.. order was missing profiteroles and yorkshires (I'm having a chill  xmas!).  So that wasn't too bad.

Daughter knew I love baklava.. she saw some and left it on my doorstep.  Anyone want to share A KILO of the it, dripping in honey and pistachios🤣   50 small pieces of it.  I think three pieces is a good portion!

Thanks everyone, once again, for helping us through all this.  Kalos you've made my day... once again   xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thank you and I hope you and Pauline have a great and very safe Christmas  as well.

I'm looking forward  to our virtual Christmas table .:classic_smile:

I"m sure Mrs Kalos got you a bumper,jumbo book of jokes for Christmas, so looking forward to 2021. Happy Christmas and a safe 2021 to all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I confess that I have already attacked the Christmas chocolates (Needs must with such gloomy news) but Sainsburys are sending more supplies this morning with no missing items or substitutions!(Hubby was hoping sprouts would be missing as its the only day he eats them!)Wishing everyone a peaceful and healthy Christmas and New Year (christmas calories don't count, do they?!)

We have already started on the chocolates too, calories don't count from the week before Christmas to New Year so we will all be fine . 😂

• Like 5

Final Tesco delivery this morning. Not too many substitutions, but some fresh items on their Best Before date (23/12).

Real problem though - double cream all over most of the stuff because two cartons split. All over, and inside the packaging.

Would never have happened had they still been using carrier bags, but because they’ve switched everyone over to huge tray liners all the heavy stuff topples over onto the fragile stuff like cream cartons with inevitable consequences.

Waitrose are still using bags, and I think the others are too, but Tesco won’t budge on this, despite the complaints they’ve had.  Huge cleaning up job here.

Just out of curiosity, anyone else here using Tesco and having problems with these tray liners?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Final Tesco delivery this morning. Not too many substitutions, but some fresh items on their Best Before date (23/12).

Real problem though - double cream all over most of the stuff because two cartons split. All over, and inside the packaging.

Would never have happened had they still been using carrier bags, but because they’ve switched everyone over to huge tray liners all the heavy stuff topples over onto the fragile stuff like cream cartons with inevitable consequences.

Waitrose are still using bags, and I think the others are too, but Tesco won’t budge on this, despite the complaints they’ve had.  Huge cleaning up job here.

Just out of curiosity, anyone else here using Tesco and having problems with these tray liners?

We use Sainsburys and they use the large delivery tray system. It works quite well, my wife unloads some goods from the trays into laundry baskets in our hall and I carry the heavier trays through to the kitchen to unpack. We have not had any disasters like you have had YET but we do carefully check items that could be damaged, meaning we have had 3 out of the last 4 loaves refunded for being a bit squashed but we were allowed to keep them anyway.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Mrs K sorts all this out but said "we have had no problems with the trays ..up to yet ,

but for that reason we use Morrison's in carrier bags should you wish ."

With Tesco They sent me normal Halls sweets despite us requesting no substitutes .

I e-mailed them about it and said I have no use for them and they refunded me the cost 

and told me to dispose of them as they are not doing returns .

If I was you Harry I would ask for refund on the creams and the goods that are out of date

today as they are not fit for purpose or no reasonable  best before date .

Put a complaint in to Tesco ASAP    .. we found them ok :classic_smile:

• Like 1

I find the new tray liners are easy to lift out of the tray and into our kitchen. there are problems with heavy jars andI I can see the problems with thin cartons. We used to have the delivery without bags but we have large deliveries and it bacame too much lifting each seperate item out of the trays..

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sainsburys have also stopped using bags, except for frozen goods, and we have had one creamy incident, but fortunately it was only minor.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We use Sainsburys and they use the large delivery tray system. It works quite well, my wife unloads some goods from the trays into laundry baskets in our hall and I carry the heavier trays through to the kitchen to unpack. We have not had any disasters like you have had YET but we do carefully check items that could be damaged, meaning we have had 3 out of the last 4 loaves refunded for being a bit squashed but we were allowed to keep them anyway.

I must remember to check for squashed bread in future if the driver refunds you.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I had two best before 23/12 items delivered yesterday, only one substitution.

Poor old you - awful stuff when it gets everywhere, plus presume you now have no cream. I opt out of tray liners hadn't got a clue what they were until I read this: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6224842/tesco-tray-liners-home-delivery/p1 on MSE),

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

some fresh items on their Best Before date (23/12).

To be fair, BB dates on fresh veg are pretty meaningless. They are there more for stock rotation purposes than anything else. It's not as if the veg are suddenly going to give you botulism tomorrow!

I normally keep an eye out for Use By dates, but with veg/fruit I'm more concerned about the appearance/texture etc than the date, although I appreciate that this is difficult with store deliveries.   

• Like 4

The Scottish Health Minister has just been on giving an update on the vaccination programme up here.

The interesting bit of her presentation was about those not attending their appointments. While there have inevitably been some no shows, apparently attendance rates are very high. The way they are splitting, storing and drawing the vaccine packs / vials means very little is being wasted even when there are no shows which was very positive news. 

Looks like the Oxford vaccine could be approved next week as well. Hopefully it moves the programme on even quicker once available 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’ve just had the confirmation email from Waitrose for my evening delivery tonight. All items except one are on the list. A few substitutions but mostly bigger sizes for the price of the smaller size. For example I’m getting 500ml of brandy cream instead of 250ml. What a shame!!

With Waitrose you pay 40p if you want your food delivered in plastic bags

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Sainsburys have also stopped using bags, except for frozen goods, and we have had one creamy incident, but fortunately it was only minor.

Yes our Sainsbury frozen goods come in bags but also a lot of refrigerated items as well. We build up quite a stock of orange bags but the driver will take the empty bags back with them for recycling (surprisingly).

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have had the use of this particular model year for almost a full 365 days now and it has had a series of chronic and serious malfunctions with at least, weekly frequencies.
Customer Service, if you can ever find the right person to talk to, have been quite unable to correct what I see as serious deficiencies to the advertised product.
As I near the end of its lifespan, I wish to say it has been totally unfit for purpose and indeed, dangerous to life and to my zen balance.
I am therefore obliged to claim a full refund for this wholly deficient product.
I fully hope, nay, expect, the next offering to be free of defects and gentle on my mind.
I look forward to full reimbursement by return post in time for what are expected to be reflections of Happy Christmases and a New Year renewal.
Yours sincerely,

Disgruntled of Lincs

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

with veg/fruit I'm more concerned about the appearance/texture etc than the date, although I appreciate that this is difficult with store deliveries.   

Problem is with sprouts; after 2 weeks you have pulled that many outer leaves off they end up the size of peas.

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Problem is with sprouts; after 2 weeks you have pulled that many outer leaves off they end up the size of peas.

True, but we normally only buy enough sprouts to last for a week or so.

On that subject, can anyone recommend scented candles - asking for a friend.

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, BB dates on fresh veg are pretty meaningless. They are there more for stock rotation purposes than anything else. It's not as if the veg are suddenly going to give you botulism tomorrow!

I normally keep an eye out for Use By dates, but with veg/fruit I'm more concerned about the appearance/texture etc than the date, although I appreciate that this is difficult with store deliveries.   

Totally agree with you on BB dates for vegetables, and indeed on most things.  And 'Use by' dates on hard cheeses? 

These weren't vegetables, though, and they'll need to be used quickly - and before Christmas.

This was a triviality though by comparison with the mess the split cream cartons made, and the time taken to clean everything up.

57 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve just had the confirmation email from Waitrose for my evening delivery tonight. All items except one are on the list. A few substitutions but mostly bigger sizes for the price of the smaller size. For example I’m getting 500ml of brandy cream instead of 250ml. What a shame!!

With Waitrose you pay 40p if you want your food delivered in plastic bags

My Asda delivery arrived an hour ago and everything I'd ordered came. Just the one sub stitute, 500g of carrots instead of 250g. I can leave extra for the reindeer and make carrot and coriander soup as well so that's ok. I did however get a wonderful surprise. My bread wasn't squashed between the potatoes and other veg, and the growing basil wasn't thrown in the bottom of a tray with heavier items on top. Dates were good too so I'm happy😊

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And 'Use by' dates on hard cheeses? 

That seems wrong to an old cheese man like me!  Should be Best Before, and that date is more to  with the integrity of the packaging than the impact on cheese quality.