P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

People always tell me they hate February when I say I hate January but I always answer that it’s so short it’s soon March!

And March is the month we can all look forward to our holidays starting🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Eddie that is reassuring to hear.

Yes an Epiretinal Membrane is pulling on my macular causing a macular hole and blurred vision in that eye which is only noticiable when I close the other eye and look with the affected eye.

Good luck with your op Graham. Not much longer to wait x

• Thanks 1

I was looking through the papers and came across this interactive tool that shows the ICU beds as well as their other beds available, and our medical staff to be commended for the fantastic work they are putting in .

I put a few area's in below and some have very little wiggle room left , so it's best if we can keep in and keep safe when we can .

The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Total number of Critical Care beds    20
Number of Critical Care beds occupied    13

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Total number of Critical Care beds    23
Number of Critical Care beds occupied    19

South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
Total number of Critical Care beds    24
Number of Critical Care beds occupied    22

University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Total number of Critical Care beds    102
Number of Critical Care beds occupied    96

The link will let you check your area .
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9148379/Interactive-tool-reveals-patients-NHS-Trusts-country.html

167914300_nhsthanks.png.9055c66ce8e5277163c07db2e9885e3b.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I was looking through the papers and came across this interactive tool that shows the ICU beds as well as their other beds available, and our medical staff to be commended for the fantastic work they are putting in .

I put a few area's in below and some have very little wiggle room left , so it's best if we can keep in and keep safe when we can .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9148379/Interactive-tool-reveals-patients-NHS-Trusts-country.html

Things are bad. We’re currently in ‘surge mode’ which means redeploying clinical and non-clinical staff to where they are needed most. We’re also looking at deploying some military staff to certain roles.

It’s been a long old week for both DH and I working for different Trusts and I’m looking forward to a bit of a lie in tomorrow 🙂.

Look after yourselves and stay safe ❤️

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Things are bad. We’re currently in ‘surge mode’ which means redeploying clinical and non-clinical staff to where they are needed most. We’re also looking at deploying some military staff to certain roles.

It’s been a long old week for both DH and I working for different Trusts and I’m looking forward to a bit of a lie in tomorrow 🙂.

Thank you so much for what you both do.

Take care and please stay safe.

Graham x.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yep, I have a week booked waiting in a queue for my vaccine... 

At least it gets me out... 😊

Andy 

We have moved our mid April Canaries back to September and booked to go to Cornwall in May. Jabs should be soon, I am 71 and DW 65, so shouldn't be too long now. 316k Jabbed today and increasing fast. There will be so many folk on here praising this fantastic effort, just thought I would get my thanks to them all in first.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Thank you for everything you do. Much appreciated, we are following the rules in our house 

Michelle 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have moved our mid April Canaries back to September and booked to go to Cornwall in May. Jabs should be soon, I am 71 and DW 65, so shouldn't be too long now. 216k Jabbed today and increasing fast. There will be so many folk on here praising this fantastic effort, just thought I would get my thanks to them all in first.

As you know from my posts I have been thanking NHS staff and all who keep us supported in whatever field they work but I will happily join you in as you say, praising this fantastic effort, Thank you.

Anyone who is worried about targets being met, here's a good idea get trained ,get jabbing or just sit back and wait your turn . They are doing a great job :classic_love:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, kalos said:

As you know from my posts I have been thanking NHS staff and all who keep us supported in whatever field they work but I will happily join you in as you say, praising this fantastic effort, Thank you.

Anyone who is worried about targets being met, here's a good idea get trained ,get jabbing or just sit back and wait your turn . They are doing a great job :classic_love:

What better occupation than saving lives. On a point of order the number was actually 316k. predictive didn't believe it and changed it to 216. 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just got my eye operation date February 3rd so roll on March.

Good news Graham. I'm sure all will go well, and you can look forward to the tender loving care from your personal private nurse Pauline'

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Thanks for the link

My local Medway Maritime has 31 of 35 critical care beds occupied and 245 COVID patients in its 448 beds, better than last week I think when they were sending critical care patients to places like Plymouth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Thank you for your hard work

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Thanks for the link

My local Medway Maritime has 31 of 35 critical care beds occupied and 245 COVID patients in its 448 beds, better than last week I think when they were sending critical care patients to places like Plymouth.

Our local hospitals critical care beds are all full.

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just got my eye operation date February 3rd so roll on March.

Good for you Graham, hope all goes well.

Still waiting for replacement for my cancelled appointment last August but not chasing them up at the present time.

Eric

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Thanks 1