P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Ooh that Prezzo sounds nice, I’ve not been there. There’s a nice one in Kensington that we’ve been to but that’s not a lot of good for you 🥴
7 weeks until we go to the Isle of Wight & it’s so strange knowing we’ll have to plan our days and book day trips before going.

It is lovely. There is an outdoor area and the conservatory and an indoor bit. We normally go in the conservatory as it’s the best of both worlds. Last year we sat there and the door was wide open so lots of fresh air coming in. Here’s a photo of the view, imagine it when the sky is blue!

1637366B-FC74-4FE7-AC0A-D99D46EBA6D4.jpeg

• Like 2

Kalos Thank you for your early morning humour.It helps get the day off to a good start.

Sue  Hope your Mum improves and that you manage to have a relaxing weekend

Josy Thank you for volunteering (and also for taking part in the trials)

Avril  Hope you and Frank suffer no side effects from the vaccine and that your mood starts to lift

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and hopefully those of us with Premium Bonds might be lucky!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

And I thought I was having a bad week!! I hope your Mum's ok Sue, didn't she recently have her covid jab? We go for our 2nd one in a couple of hours, so hopefully things will begin to feel a bit brighter then. I think all I really need though is an almighty kick up the backside.😏

Have a nice relaxing weekend Sue.

Avril

It was quite a while ago now, definitely over the two weeks. I see JVT says there’s minimum risk of people who’ve had both jabs more than 2 weeks ago meeting indoors. Next time I see her she’s definitely getting a hug!

Hope all goes well with your jabs.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 6

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I’ve phoned my mum this morning and she’s fine. She said they had her on a bed the whole time and wheeled her from room to room! She said she felt a fraud!! Aren’t that generation amazing? 💕

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks for asking and for a heart failure patient  I seem to be doing fine. The scan they 

did yesterday was an Abdominal aortic scan which came back that I had one and it was

working ok  and they will not need to see it again , so something's working working on me 

as it should be :classic_smile: I had a little play at gardening just ten minutes but the body say's  no !

My  BP  went up to  149/89 with HB of 75 and my hands shaking like a good un :classic_ohmy:

Ten minutes later things were back in the land of normality ,I just have to be careful  and 

remember to take care and be aware of my condition .  Once Mrs Kalos has  got her final 

vaccine we look forward to seeing more of the family once again . This year we hope to 

continue where we left off in September 2019 before my illness . We had just stripped the

living room and had a new floor including joists, will be nice to see this project completed .

I'm not sure if we will get away this year but we do like the north east coast not far from 

where Graham lives, walk over the road from the hotel and you are on the beach . As for the

cruisers , I just keep telling myself "one day " ... There are people out there in a lot worse

situations than me , so it's onwards and upwards and keep smiling . :classic_smile: 

Enough about me ,I hope you are enjoying your well deserved break this week from jabbing 

you take care :classic_love:

I did chuckle when I saw your post in the other thread.

I hope you manage a little break somewhere, just a change of scene does wonders! 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope you and Frank feel better once your jab is completed  and you are feeling better :classic_smile:

Just for you Avril  use as needed :classic_love:  kick.gif.02d96bd0ec3dcb8d816a1f259aff1013.gifTake care :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos. After reading your previous post, I feel utterly ashamed of my pathetic moaning and shall use your kindly donated, extra large boot often😉

Avril :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Thanks for asking and for a heart failure patient  I seem to be doing fine. The scan they 

did yesterday was an Abdominal aortic scan which came back that I had one and it was

working ok  and they will not need to see it again , so something's working working on me 

as it should be :classic_smile: I had a little play at gardening just ten minutes but the body say's  no !

My  BP  went up to  149/89 with HB of 75 and my hands shaking like a good un :classic_ohmy:

Ten minutes later things were back in the land of normality ,I just have to be careful  and 

remember to take care and be aware of my condition .  Once Mrs Kalos has  got her final 

vaccine we look forward to seeing more of the family once again . This year we hope to 

continue where we left off in September 2019 before my illness . We had just stripped the

living room and had a new floor including joists, will be nice to see this project completed .

I'm not sure if we will get away this year but we do like the north east coast not far from 

where Graham lives, walk over the road from the hotel and you are on the beach . As for the

cruisers , I just keep telling myself "one day " ... There are people out there in a lot worse

situations than me , so it's onwards and upwards and keep smiling . :classic_smile: 

Enough about me ,I hope you are enjoying your well deserved break this week from jabbing 

I would just like to say that I think you are just wonderful Kalos in your outlook on life....... you are a tonic for us all and never fail to uplift all our spirits despite what must be, at times, some difficult days for you and Mrs Kalos...

I suspect we would all (without exception) hope to meet you both on a cruise sometime in the future. 😘

Gill x

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

My parents have had a lot of health issues in the last 3-4 years including a stint for my father in intensive care where it was very much will he make it to the morning. I seem to be ferrying them to appointments on a regular basis but I can cope quite well. But when anything happens to one of the children (all in their 20s and living at home), I find it much harder to keep calm and panic sets in. I had to take my youngest to A&E with excruciating abdominal pains about 3 weeks ago and it seemed like the longest 45 minute drive of my life. She was kept in overnight and to be honest, the hospital was very critical of our GP practice for not initiating proper investigations after she had an appointment with them a few months ago. You just want to take their pain for them. My mother has always said that you put your children first and she’s still adamant on that now. But in middle age I suppose many of us are pulled in two directions and at least we all live in the same area which does make things easier. 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 9

Belated Happy Birthday Avril 🎂

Glad to hear your mum is okay Sue.

I've not posted for a while but I have been catching up every now and then and it's great to hear that 2nd vaccinations are either done or scheduled. My wife (in her 40's) has already had her 2nd jab whereas I (6 years older) have another 5 weeks to wait. I really should have switched to the same surgery as her years ago.

Best wishes to all.

Damian

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you Kalos. After reading your previous post, I feel utterly ashamed of my pathetic moaning and shall use your kindly donated, extra large boot often😉

Avril.

It is much better to open up rather than bottle things up and for almost everything it certainly makes a whole lot of difference.

I'm sure we all feel the same that a problem shared is a problem halved and I'm sure we are all happy to help each other.

Take care and start dreaming about your future cruising.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Just returned from having our 2nd jabs, less than 1 hour from leaving home to back having a coffee, brilliant.

Great news.  I hope you have no adverse reactions.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I would just like to say that I think you are just wonderful Kalos in your outlook on life....... you are a tonic for us all and never fail to uplift all our spirits despite what must be, at times, some difficult days for you and Mrs Kalos...

I suspect we would all (without exception) hope to meet you both on a cruise sometime in the future. 😘

Gill x

Absolutely.

11 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Belated Happy Birthday Avril 🎂

Glad to hear your mum is okay Sue.

I've not posted for a while but I have been catching up every now and then and it's great to hear that 2nd vaccinations are either done or scheduled. My wife (in her 40's) has already had her 2nd jab whereas I (6 years older) have another 5 weeks to wait. I really should have switched to the same surgery as her years ago.

Best wishes to all.

Damian

Great to hear from you Damian and I hope your job is going well and your family are safe.

Great news your wife has had her 2 vaccine jabs and you have had 1 with another 5 weeks for your second jab.

My second jab is next Thursday and Pauline's second is early June.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Great to hear from you Damian and I hope your job is going well and your family are safe.

Great news your wife has had her 2 vaccine jabs and you have had 1 with another 5 weeks for your second jab.

My second jab is next Thursday and Pauline's second is early June.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, I'm putting in some long hours but feel secure and am still grateful for the opportunity. We have a great manager who regularly tells us all to log off early - only (say) 4:30pm or 5pm instead of 6pm but it all helps.

The last few weeks I've been able to have the cricket on via YouTube in the background while working (to watch Yorkshire in the County Championship) which I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Cheers

Damian

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Good news that you've got an AA ( as opposed to going to AA) and even better that they don't need to see it again. Bit alarming about your gaden recce but when the body says no you have to listen, which you did. Very frustrating though. It would be really brilliant if you and Mrs K. could meet up with Graham and Pauline at some point. There would be many tales to tell I'll bet.

You look after yourself Kalos and thanks for being a total sweetheart. Jane.x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

When Kalos stops jinxing the weather this might come in;

May be an image of text that says 'BARNSLEY SUNLOUNGER JUST £1 AT LIDL'

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Lots of people seem to be having second jabs which is excellent news. Hope you all feel ok afterwards. 
We have our second jabs next Sunday, I was quite ill after my first jab and spent most of the following day in bed so I am hoping for no reaction next week 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

The only reason I'm not buying a Ferrari! 

I used to get out of mini bus taxis after a good night out like that chap but that's

another story :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1