P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

49 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I like Hotters. Their size 4 and a half always fits me perfectly for trainers.

I never wear heels - the last time was sometime in the 80's. In the evening on ships I wear flat sandals. 

Are you sure you don't mean Hooters?! My wife wouid never let me get a drink in one of them! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Just to let know that Jane Macdonald new series is on tonight channel 5 at 9 o’clock, first one is sky Princess , 

Yes, recording it, so we can fast forward through all the bits with JM in them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Morning all, a dry, windy day but the sun keeps trying to get through.

Taken my daughter for a covid test before her hospital appointment next week. She doesn't drive so has no other way of gettting there.  I drove past the test centre on my way into Truro to pick her up, then back out again and as it is in the middle of nowhere on a dual carriage way it meant I had to drive past it again up to the next roundabout and back down. Trying to get out again onto the dual carriage way is also a nightmare. Anyway rant over!

With regard shoes I too go for comfort. The shoes I wear most often are Loretta and I did have a pair of fly flot boots until the started leaking. I am also a fan of fit flops and have few pairs.  On formal nights I normally wear a pair of sling back sandals with wedges.

Well it was morning when I started typing!!

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Never worn Crocs but see there a lot of fans here. I went on a cruise with a friend a few years ago and she lived in hers. It took a lot of persuading on my part to convince her they weren't suitable for a formal night!

I tend to live in Skechers and Fit-flops and am dreading having to dig out my high heels again for any sort of dressy-up occasion now because I know I'd find them excruciating. Oh for the days when style trumped comfort - when I'd wake up after a night out with my feet torn to shreds from the heels and I didn't notice until the next day because I'd had far too much to drink! Living in London, we had our pick of the clubs - Stringfellows, The Hippodrome, the Camden Palace were all favoured haunts - then on to Mike's Diner at 4am to have breakfast and get the Sunday papers. Actually, I think I prefer now - a nondrinking, Skecher-wearing nan who does nothing more adventurous than walk the dog!

Have a good day everyone. Jane.x

I also seem to live in sketchers. Can no longer wear ordinary schools as my one toe has a lump on (down to my anastrozole) 2 years ago I saw a lovely pair of sketchers sandals. Wedge heels and sparkly tops. They are as comfortable as my ordinary sketcher trainers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Another sketchers fan here and I’ve also got a nice pair of shoes and ankle boots which I’ve lived  in this winter from fitflop. I don’t like the look of crocs but I am a fan of comfort these days 😊 Hearing they don’t have a lot of support will be a big no no for me as I had that awful plantar thing on my heel a couple of years ago. Hence the fit flops they are pricey but worth it. In the summer I have some M&S sandals with thick soles that do the trick.

I wasn’t sure what I was going to wear for work last summer and, in the end, didn’t need to worry as I just wore slippers 😆 I’ve got some ‘fit flop’ sliders now I use as slippers as I wear them so much. The heel thing isn’t helped by flats (surprisingly) so that had to change for slippers! On a ship in the evenings I tend to go for a wedge heel, much more stable 😊.

I have had plantar (can't spell the rest) twice. I was recommended fit flops as well. I also live in sketchers traiers. Have a loveley pair of sketchers sandals for evening wear, ie sparkly tops.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, recording it, so we can fast forward through all the bits with JM in them.

That'll be the adverts to watch then.You can't get rid of her that easily.

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning. 
It’s not raining here yay! Little drive out to donny today to look at bike gear. 

do you guys or have you had motorbikes? 

this used to be something me and hubby did before we had the kids. I’ve been saying no bikes for years but now looks like hubby is getting one and I’m not sure what I think about it. 

I struggled getting back on a push bike let alone a motorbike. 

We were big motorbike fans when we were younger, still are but not to ride.

The first bike Frank had was a Triumph Tiger Cub, and we went everywhere on it after he passed his test. He traded up over time to a Norton Dominator and boy did we love those open winding roads. Lovely times. You have the chance to enjoy it all again Vamps, go for it, I wish we could.

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We were big motorbike fans when we were younger, still are but not to ride.

The first bike Frank had was a Triumph Tiger Cub, and we went everywhere on it after he passed his test. He traded up over time to a Norton Dominator and boy did we love those open winding roads. Lovely times. You have the chance to enjoy it all again Vamps, go for it, I wish we could.

Avril

In my little group the sports cub was the favourite. I had a mountain cub, which was an American sports cub with a tiger 90 frame. I worked my way up to a thunderbird and then grew up ,😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

In my little group the sports cub was the favourite. I had a mountain cub, which was an American sports cub with a tiger 90 frame. I worked my way up to a thunderbird and then grew up ,😂

That's the problem Zap, we all have to be sensible adults eventually🙁

Avril

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Never heard of the tin can trick! Yes it was a surprise to me to discover completely flat were a no no! I did buy some supports but the better footwear works the best 😊. I look for thick soles now as they seem to absorb the shock from the pavements.

If you get a bout of Plantar doodah again, try chilling a tin, then roll your foot quite firmly over it 😊it definitely helps.

I've not looked at Hotters before but just had a nosey and they’ve got some nice sandals reduced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

If you get a bout of Plantar doodah again, try chilling a tin, then roll your foot quite firmly over it 😊it definitely helps.

I've not looked at Hotters before but just had a nosey and they’ve got some nice sandals reduced.

Doodah is making me laugh even though I started it! 😂

I’ve looked at Hotters and agree with you. I keep wondering whether to get something suitable for work but we had a meeting by conference call the other day and it doesn’t seem like I’ll be going back into the office anytime soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Doodah is making me laugh even though I started it! 😂

I’ve looked at Hotters and agree with you. I keep wondering whether to get something suitable for work but we had a meeting by conference call the other day and it doesn’t seem like I’ll be going back into the office anytime soon.

I don't think a Hooters uniform would be suitable for those on here who  are vaccinating frail old gentlemen.🤣

• Haha 2

Today has been a nightmare for us.  I noticed a damp patch on the hall carpet this morning.  When DH pulled the carpet up the floor underneath was soaking but there is no pipework in the hall.  We tried to get British Gas to come out because we have a Homecare agreement with them that is supposed to give us emergency plumbing callout 7 days a week, we can have an appointment for Wednesday.  We ended up calling my niece's plumber husband who came round and pulled up floorboards and traced the pipe work back to the bathroom where he found a pipe leaking behind the sink.  The water was tracking along a pipe under the floor into the hall.  He has now repaired it for us at no cost but it has made me wonder why we are bothering to pay BG.  I will be complaining to BG tomorrow about their service levels.

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Today has been a nightmare for us.  I noticed a damp patch on the hall carpet this morning.  When DH pulled the carpet up the floor underneath was soaking but there is no pipework in the hall.  We tried to get British Gas to come out because we have a Homecare agreement with them that is supposed to give us emergency plumbing callout 7 days a week, we can have an appointment for Wednesday.  We ended up calling my niece's plumber husband who came round and pulled up floorboards and traced the pipe work back to the bathroom where he found a pipe leaking behind the sink.  The water was tracking along a pipe under the floor into the hall.  He has now repaired it for us at no cost but it has made me wonder why we are bothering to pay BG.  I will be complaining to BG tomorrow about their service levels.

Oh no Josy, what a palaver! Glad you got it sorted but very poor from BG, I’d cancel if I were you!

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Why do things like this always happen at weekends?  Glad you managed to get it sorted. Good luck with BG tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh no Josy, what a palaver! Glad you got it sorted but very poor from BG, I’d cancel if I were you!

We are very tempted, because my niece's husband has previously said that he will always come and fix things for us when needed but we don't like to impose on him because he will never take anything from us no matter how much he does for us because he says that he thinks of us as his children's 3rd set of grandparents because they spend so much time with us.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are very tempted, because my niece's husband has previously said that he will always come and fix things for us when needed but we don't like to impose on him because he will never take anything from us no matter how much he does for us because he says that he thinks of us as his children's 3rd set of grandparents because they spend so much time with us.

He seems like a good man, much more reliable than BG! Let us know tomorrow how you get on.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I don't think a Hooters uniform would be suitable for those on here who  are vaccinating frail old gentlemen.🤣

Zap - are you speaking from experience ?

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sarah, Hotters are definitely the way to go for everyday shoes, they are super comfortable.

• Like 1