P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The Ole Lady had a fall back in January.  Slipped on the snow and ice, and fell flat on her face.  We only went out that day because she had to go for a Covid test prior to a hospital appointment.  I blame Covid.  Very sore ribs, and she cut the inside of her lip.

Took the bus to the hospital a few days later.  Much safer!

• Like 1

A first for me today, a telephone appointment assessment with the practice physiotherapist, seemed very odd following his directions over the phone moving my arm and neck in various ways to identify the problem. Appears shoulder joint and neck maybe unrelated problems, the shoulder appears to be tendon related and the neck most probably spondylitis. 

Being referred to hospital physio which will take 4 to 6 weeks to come through, in mean time he has forward some exercises for me to do for both problems and advised getting a heat pad to ensure muscles in shoulder & neck warmed up before exercising. Off now to explore the wonderful world of heat pads etc. Seem to have moved on from the wheat packs I used following a cricket injury about 30 years ago! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yes Dave. Although this was, strictly speaking,  not a fall, more of a falling out, it would be very unkind not to admit you in view of your excellent news today. I loved cream soda - with milk. Jane.x

My OH likes cream soda with vanilla Absolut voddie occasionally.Sorry to read about your fall Jane,hope it heals soon.Had our second AZ today in a pharmacy a few miles up the road.Got there an hour early and they squeezed us in straight away,cheers,Brian.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Briefing at 5pm about holiday rules.

I see it is Grant Shapps/Michael Green doing the briefing, whatever he reveals only applies in England of course. 

I suspect the number of countries on green list will be limited, so for a 2 week stay in an amber listed country you would need to add on an extra 10 days in self isolation on return. Plus the added cost of a Covid test 2 days before you leave your destination for home, did see that TUI were offering to subsidise in resort testing for its customers. Would seem from that that taking LFT tests from home and using in resort, are not going to be enough to get you on a flight home. Will have to see what he says. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I see it is Grant Shapps/Michael Green doing the briefing, whatever he reveals only applies in England of course. 

I suspect the number of countries on green list will be limited, so for a 2 week stay in an amber listed country you would need to add on an extra 10 days in self isolation on return. Plus the added cost of a Covid test 2 days before you leave your destination for home, did see that TUI were offering to subsidise in resort testing for its customers. Would seem from that that taking LFT tests from home and using in resort, are not going to be enough to get you on a flight home. Will have to see what he says. 

TUI are offering a range of test 'packages' that should cater for the countries on the green and amber lists and have also stated that if at the time of booking you need to purchase a more expensive package (due to the type of tests required) for say an Amber destination and it consequently moves to Green, they will refund the difference.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I've had neck ache like a tension headache most of the day so wonder if it is a side effect of the Pfizer Vaccine.

Only slight discomfort in my arm today.

Or it could be staring up at big white cruise ships that are parked up your way :classic_wink:

At least your protected now . Mrs K goes for her jab next Wednesday and cannot wait :classic_love:

A bit of mild discomfort is a small price to pay if she gets her freedom back she said .:classic_smile:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Or it could be staring up at big white cruise ships that are parked up your way :classic_wink:

At least your protected now . Mrs K goes for her jab next Wednesday and cannot wait :classic_love:

A bit of mild discomfort is a small price to pay if she gets her freedom back she said .:classic_smile:

Pleased to hear Mrs k has her second vaccine booked for next Wednesday.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

My OH likes cream soda with vanilla Absolut voddie occasionally.Sorry to read about your fall Jane,hope it heals soon.Had our second AZ today in a pharmacy a few miles up the road.Got there an hour early and they squeezed us in straight away,cheers,Brian.

I went for my second AZ jab today. They squeezed in DW as well, a week early. The nice Lady said 7 days to get full protection. Depending on what the man says this evening, off clubbing in Ibiza in a couple of weeks. Thanks to NHS, jabbers , volunteers and every one involved.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thanks very much for the kind replies folks. Can I join the falling over club? sort of. A few years ago I fell out of bed, just turned over in my sleep and the bed was not there, and me not even drunk!. I demolished the bedside cabinet on the way down and lay there shocked for a long time. The bruises took weeks to disappear.

I will leave the Cava for later, meanwhile I have half a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced in the fridge. I like it mixed with Lemonade and a dash of orange juice, introduced to me by Marie, a bar lady on Marella Discovery. Guess what it tastes like, remember Cream Soda 😵

Reminds me of Graceland when we saw Elvis's private plane.It had a full size double bed with safety straps,perhaps he had turbulent dreams also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Green List

People returning from these countries will have to take a test before they return to the UK and one on day two after they return - but will not have to quarantine.

Portugal including the Azores and Madeira

Australia

New Zealand 

Singapore

Brunei 

Iceland

Faroe Islands

Gibraltar 

Falkland Islands

Israel

Turkey, Maldives and Nepal added to Red List

France, Greece and Spain on Amber List

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-updates-government-to-announce-quarantine-free-holiday-destinations-12292919

I know that people need a break and holiday and totally get that. What I don't get is everyone on the news saying that holidays are cancelled because they can not go abroad. Why?

We are more than happy to be thinking of beautiful Wales and our caravan for however long it takes

My first holiday abroad was when I was 21 - up to that point I had some beautiful, amazing, memorable holidays in the UK : beautiful Wales, Bridlington , Paignton, Cornwall, The Lake District and many happy holidays in Blackpool ! 

We have a beautiful country. Can we guarantee the sunshine? No .... but hey ho, it makes it a beautiful green place. (OK  we sometimes get webbed feet but ducks are happy...)

The thing we have learned over the last 18 months is not to take what we have in the UK for granted .... go out there and enjoy.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 18

I’ve had a free hour to myself so went and got fish and chips first take away in 1 1/2 years and went to mudeford quay for a chill out , I guess I’m doing a graham and Pauline     getting a takeaway and watching the sea , you can see the isle of white in distance, not a nice sun setting tonight. I’m afraid I didn’t get a coffee to take away but I took my own bottle of wine to have with my fish supper my husband was on water 😂

73D00776-0233-4254-92DE-EDE173E11363.jpeg

6C21582A-0786-442A-8DFD-FF3DAE4AF8E3.jpeg

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I’ve had a free hour to myself so went and got fish and chips first take away in 1 1/2 years and went to mudeford quay for a chill out , I guess I’m doing a graham and Pauline     getting a takeaway and watching the sea , you can see the isle of white in distance, not a nice sun setting tonight. I’m afraid I didn’t get a coffee to take away but I took my own bottle of wine to have with my fish supper my husband was on water 😂

I’ve missed Mudeford Quay so much, it’s where my DH grew up, Mil still there, we’ve not visited in a year.  Cant wait to (hopefully) spend some of the summer there. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

I went for my second AZ jab today. They squeezed in DW as well, a week early. The nice Lady said 7 days to get full protection. Depending on what the man says this evening, off clubbing in Ibiza in a couple of weeks. Thanks to NHS, jabbers , volunteers and every one involved.

Great news you both got your second vaccine jabs today zap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

The fish and chips look very tasty.

Fantastic views of the sea.

It is so relaxing to just look out to sea.

Graham.

• Like 1

Sounds like a pretty decent day all round - just as well as we have a forecast for heavy rain tomorrow 

We did a long walk 9.2km/5.7miles.  No wonder I’m tired tonight 💤 

It’s bluebell season!  Beautiful

B14E4AE8-9827-4D78-9688-8CF35AE9B137.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Green List

People returning from these countries will have to take a test before they return to the UK and one on day two after they return - but will not have to quarantine.

Portugal including the Azores and Madeira

Australia

New Zealand 

Singapore

Brunei 

Iceland

Faroe Islands

Gibraltar 

Falkland Islands

Israel

Turkey, Maldives and Nepal added to Red List

France, Greece and Spain on Amber List

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-updates-government-to-announce-quarantine-free-holiday-destinations-12292919

Faroe islands,great,must put myself on the . whale slaughter excursion.If I had a nuke missile that would be my first target.

• Like 1