P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Sounds like a pretty decent day all round - just as well as we have a forecast for heavy rain tomorrow 

We did a long walk 9.2km/5.7miles.  No wonder I’m tired tonight 💤 

It’s bluebell season!  Beautiful

B14E4AE8-9827-4D78-9688-8CF35AE9B137.jpeg

Bluebells long gone around here.

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Green List

People returning from these countries will have to take a test before they return to the UK and one on day two after they return - but will not have to quarantine.

Portugal including the Azores and Madeira

Australia

New Zealand 

Singapore

Brunei 

Iceland

Faroe Islands

Gibraltar 

Falkland Islands

Israel

Turkey, Maldives and Nepal added to Red List

France, Greece and Spain on Amber List

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-updates-government-to-announce-quarantine-free-holiday-destinations-12292919

Will Australia and New Zealand even let you in? You can leave the UK,  but you can't get in, to where you want to go.

Hotel California all over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Faroe islands,great,must put myself on the . whale slaughter excursion.If I had a nuke missile that would be my first target.

It seems the South Sandwich Islands are green as well. Problem with no flights, or hotels may be an issue. Do easyJet fly to the Falklands?. Tristan da cuhna has an airport now, flights via South Africa.🤔

29 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It seems the South Sandwich Islands are green as well. Problem with no flights, or hotels may be an issue. Do easyJet fly to the Falklands?. Tristan da cuhna has an airport now, flights via South Africa.🤔

A local girl spent the winter in the Falklands as part of a shearing team and I think they flew out there from a RAF base in southern England!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

A local girl spent the winter in the Falklands as part of a shearing team and I think they flew out there from a RAF base in southern England!

I would think that it's a great place to visit. There are lots of folk in Patagonia with Welsh roots. I know that Argentina and the Falklands aren't the same, but they are both down there.🤣🐑

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I would think that it's a great place to visit. There are lots of folk in Patagonia with Welsh roots. I know that Argentina and the Falklands aren't the same, but they are both down there.🤣🐑

So how are your wool wrapping skills Zap? Could come in very handy!

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I know that Argentina and the Falklands aren't the same,

Thank goodness for that,  otherwise the Daily Express would be calling you all sorts of names. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Pretty poor to be honest, but I can have a go if I ever visit Patagonia.🤣

I used to help out as a youngster. It looks easy but it’s really hard work. And the shearers are so fast these days, the wrappers have to keep up with them!

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.

An early start for me today as I'm all out of sleep after a couple of really lazy recovery days. Today my little dog comes back from his holiday away from me when I couldn't move very easily. I've missed him terribly but it was the best solution after my fall.

You'll all be pleased to hear I'm feeling much recovered. Any pain is covered by drugs. I'm just very sore and multi- shades of purple where the bruising has come out. Although I'll still have to be careful, and mindful, I'm hoping to go back to work towards the end of next week -just for a day to two - I'll play it by ear. This will just be at the surgery, not the vaccine hub - that would be a step too far. I've had loads of visits and help from my daughter and the girls which has been the best tonic ever. 

Anyway, enough about me. I hope you are all well. The weather here is pretty dreadful. Very heavy but much-needed rain has fallen through the night and looks set for most of the day. Enjoy your weekends everyone and keep well, keep safe, and stay on your feet!

Best wishes to you all. Jane.xxx

• Like 16

I’m an early bird because we have a 7-8am delivery slot. 👀 A long & not very interesting story including getting the unwanted “holding order” of 6 bottles of wine yesterday and a hastily rearranged grocery order in the only available slot today.  Ho hum.  Probably the most exciting thing to happen to us this week 😂

Good to get your report Jane.  Sounds like things are coming along as anticipated.  I presume you’re not in casts etc ... just allowing rest and time to heal the hairlines.  It’ll be a boost to get the dog home.  Mind you don’t fall over him 

Enjoy your soggy, quiet day everyone.  We’re nearly there.  Just a week or so to the next step towards normality 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m an early bird because we have a 7-8am delivery slot. 👀 A long & not very interesting story including getting the unwanted “holding order” of 6 bottles of wine yesterday and a hastily rearranged grocery order in the only available slot today.  Ho hum.  Probably the most exciting thing to happen to us this week 😂

Good to get your report Jane.  Sounds like things are coming along as anticipated.  I presume you’re not in casts etc ... just allowing rest and time to heal the hairlines.  It’ll be a boost to get the dog home.  Mind you don’t fall over him 

Enjoy your soggy, quiet day everyone.  We’re nearly there.  Just a week or so to the next step towards normality 

Hi Eddie. No casts - well just a soft protector on the arm - nothing on the leg. Hope your order arrives on time and there's something left of the 'holding order'!

You voiced my thoughts about being on the way to normality. We're getting there - slowly and steadily. Soon we'll be reading reviews from the first seacations. It will be a first for me to read an actual cruise review as I joined the forum in lockdown. There's so much to look forward to. Have a good weekend. Jane.x

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good morning everyone.

An early start for me today as I'm all out of sleep after a couple of really lazy recovery days. Today my little dog comes back from his holiday away from me when I couldn't move very easily. I've missed him terribly but it was the best solution after my fall.

You'll all be pleased to hear I'm feeling much recovered. Any pain is covered by drugs. I'm just very sore and multi- shades of purple where the bruising has come out. Although I'll still have to be careful, and mindful, I'm hoping to go back to work towards the end of next week -just for a day to two - I'll play it by ear. This will just be at the surgery, not the vaccine hub - that would be a step too far. I've had loads of visits and help from my daughter and the girls which has been the best tonic ever. 

Anyway, enough about me. I hope you are all well. The weather here is pretty dreadful. Very heavy but much-needed rain has fallen through the night and looks set for most of the day. Enjoy your weekends everyone and keep well, keep safe, and stay on your feet!

So pleased to hear you are recovering so well and feeling much better. I bet you’ll be glad to get your best buddy back today. I can imagine your bruises as mine are now going from purple to a very attractive shade of green!!!

Heavy rain here too so looks like a soggy walk with Freddie this morning (we will stick to pavements and avoid muddy paths and grass).

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

• Like 4

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Very lucky to have visited both on a cruise in 2008 also Antarctica, still our best ever cruise but obviously not on P and O.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Military flights only I think.We were lucky to tender there on a Princess ship,a lot don't make it with the weather.King penguins were fantastic,you walked among thousands of them on a lovely golden beach,but bloody freezing even in summer.We also visited Ushaia in Argentina which is the end of the world city,I can see why, it was a dump.OTOH BA was great.P&O don't get to do this itinerary cos of ze war and us being eenglish pigs,lol.

Edited by brian1
  • Haha 1

Morning I hope Anne had a pleasant journey yesterday and enjoys her holiday .
We used to love going away when travelling a fair distance we would stop half 
way . I think the half way part was bred into us and over time became compulsory
just like the sea side club trips we would do in our childhood. The coach driver
would welcome you onboard sounding like some sort of airline pilot but who stunk 
of woodbine fags .. "Ladies and gents we will be stopping for 20 minutes when we are

half way to Skeggy " he would say . It was the done thing back then . Fast forward to today

and we still do it . Mrs Kalos will say " Are we stopping on the way ?" Which means Kalos 
you're stopping along the way . Gone are the cafes of yesteryear ,service stations now, and

they cost a small fortune don't they? I remember my Nan used to come and visit us and she

said  " Coffee £3  a sandwich £5 ,ridiculous !" I told her "Nan, it's  my house so my prices !"
Anyway back to us on our epic journey we would some times make our own sandwiches'

and take a flask with us , very nice and cheap at half the price .. No problem ! Well when I

say no problem ,years ago when the kids were young  I was put in charge of making the

sarnies .Boiled egg sarnies ! What a disaster that was .The kids were crying , nobody would

eat them .Mrs Kalos was complaining  that they were horrible and smelling the car out and

to get rid of them , which I did . Just before we pulled away though she made me let the kids

back in the car but the sarnies stayed in the bin .:classic_sad:  I was then made to pull up at the next

services and buy them all a happy meal which did not make me or my wallet very happy .  

I once bought myself a big breakfast meal and ended up taking it back as there was a crack

in my plate. The young lady behind the counter who looked like she had just spent a fortnight

on heroin gave me a blank look and said "That's not a crack ,that's your bacon !"  :classic_ohmy:

Honestly I carry a set of feeler gauge's in my tool box that were thicker than that bacon .

£8,50 that cost me ! Thinking back though I wish I had bought a DNA kit to check if it really

was bacon .:classic_unsure: If she should ever put me in charge of sarnies again then it will be good old 

cheese & onion, you can't go wrong with that can you  :classic_smile::classic_unsure:
Anyway you all stay safe and if your going away or stopping half the  way ,stay safe .:classic_love:

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Military flights only I think.We were lucky to tender there on a Princess ship,a lot don't make it with the weather.King penguins were fantastic,you walked among thousands of them on a lovely golden beach,but bloody freezing even in summer.We also visited Ushaia in Argentina which is the end of the world city,I can see why, it was a dump.OTOH BA was great.P&O don't get to do this itinerary cos of ze war and us being eenglish pigs,lol.

I believe you can fly to the Falklands but only via Chile,  that was true a few years ago anyway.

Many cruises do miss the Falklands due to being unable to tender, the weather is unpredictable.

We went ashore in warm clothing but in the afternoon it turned out very warm.

Just before our visit the QE2 had to cancel its stop on its final world tour, the locals had panned special events and were very disappointed.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I believe you can fly to the Falklands but only via Chile,  that was true a few years ago anyway.

Many cruises do miss the Falklands due to being unable to tender, the weather is unpredictable.

We went ashore in warm clothing but in the afternoon it turned out very warm.

Just before our visit the QE2 had to cancel its stop on its final world tour, the locals had panned special events and were very disappointed.

The flight situation is good to know.It's like a little Britain on the other side of the world.Couldn't quite make out their accent,either Cornish or Channel Islands.What do I know though,just a Cockney,lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is somewhat moist here, looks like its been raining a while looking at the river running down our road. Looks like it may be a long day inside. Enjoy the weekend as best you can.

Christened my new Berghaus coat today on my 4 mile walk.Chucked it down all the way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brian1 said:

Faroe islands,great,must put myself on the . whale slaughter excursion.If I had a nuke missile that would be my first target.

Apparently St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha are also on the Green List, Tristan da Cunha  is only accessible by ship from South Africa, which is on Red List. 😂

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good morning everyone.

Pleased to hear you are feeling a lot better and hopefully the bruising will clear quickly.

It is cold and wet here.

Graham.

Good day everyone been raining all night and just spitting now , next door decided to start drilling up ther driveway at 8 o’clock this morning thought I’d get away with piece and quite this weekend with our other neighbours drilling up ther long driveway talking 12 meters here , grundys been delivered people moving in and out of houses 🤯.

Just received in post a P&O small booklet that must of cost a packet to produce show casing Iona and Arvia with some small pictures inside of Iona , anybody else received one yet ?

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

Good day everyone been raining all night and just spitting now , next door decided to start drilling up ther driveway at 8 o’clock this morning thought I’d get away with piece and quite this weekend with our other neighbours drilling up ther long driveway talking 12 meters here , grundys been delivered people moving in and out of houses 🤯.

Just received in post a P&O small booklet that must of cost a packet to produce show casing Iona and Arvia with some small pictures inside of Iona , anybody else received one yet ?

Yup, got ours a week ago. Very glossy,  but I'm still not tempted. 

• Like 1