P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We were big motorbike fans when we were younger, still are but not to ride.

The first bike Frank had was a Triumph Tiger Cub, and we went everywhere on it after he passed his test. He traded up over time to a Norton Dominator and boy did we love those open winding roads. Lovely times. You have the chance to enjoy it all again Vamps, go for it, I wish we could.

Avril

hubby had a tiger years ago. He’s looking at some kind of Honda now. I used to have a er5 and cb250 to trundle along on but I think I would forget my gears trying to do it now. Might have to do a learners course again. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Zap - are you speaking from experience ?

You may think that, but the old ticker forces me to forget those experiences 🤣

Edited by zap99

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Today has been a nightmare for us.  I noticed a damp patch on the hall carpet this morning.  When DH pulled the carpet up the floor underneath was soaking but there is no pipework in the hall.  We tried to get British Gas to come out because we have a Homecare agreement with them that is supposed to give us emergency plumbing callout 7 days a week, we can have an appointment for Wednesday.  We ended up calling my niece's plumber husband who came round and pulled up floorboards and traced the pipe work back to the bathroom where he found a pipe leaking behind the sink.  The water was tracking along a pipe under the floor into the hall.  He has now repaired it for us at no cost but it has made me wonder why we are bothering to pay BG.  I will be complaining to BG tomorrow about their service levels.

It's not good enough Josy. What if you hadn't had this kind young man to call on? The problem probably couldn't have waited until Wednesday and the cost of an emergency plumber on a Sunday would have been huge. Give them a rocket tomorrow. Jane.x

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Today has been a nightmare for us.  I noticed a damp patch on the hall carpet this morning.  When DH pulled the carpet up the floor underneath was soaking but there is no pipework in the hall.  We tried to get British Gas to come out because we have a Homecare agreement with them that is supposed to give us emergency plumbing callout 7 days a week, we can have an appointment for Wednesday.  We ended up calling my niece's plumber husband who came round and pulled up floorboards and traced the pipe work back to the bathroom where he found a pipe leaking behind the sink.  The water was tracking along a pipe under the floor into the hall.  He has now repaired it for us at no cost but it has made me wonder why we are bothering to pay BG.  I will be complaining to BG tomorrow about their service levels.

A lot of them are on strike,get a bill from your relo and submit it,you will be paid even though you didn't pay,lol.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning. 
It’s not raining here yay! Little drive out to donny today to look at bike gear. 

do you guys or have you had motorbikes? 

this used to be something me and hubby did before we had the kids. I’ve been saying no bikes for years but now looks like hubby is getting one and I’m not sure what I think about it. 

I struggled getting back on a push bike let alone a motorbike. 

Didn't do any riding last year.  Combination of the lockdowns and taking over 6 months to get over a flare up of sciatica.

Got the bike ready, serviced and MOTd in January and back on the road since February, a Triumph Daytona 955.  My all weather kit still fits, pleasant surprise, but haven't tested the leathers just yet, though the weather appears to improving.  Had some nice runs out to Burnham on Crouch.  Been too cold to treat meself to a breakfast at the cafe there though!

Hopefully going to pop down to Southampton to have a peek at Iona later this month.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Just to let know that Jane Macdonald new series is on tonight channel 5 at 9 o’clock, first one is sky Princess , 

Yes, really enjoyed tonight’s programme, the Caribbean looked

fabulous and I can concur that the Everglades are exciting.

So sad for Jayne Macdonald, she has just within the last two 

weeks lost Ed her partner, she was always talking about him

on these programmes.  She deserved some happiness. Really,

really sorry for her loss.

Terri

• Like 6

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh no Josy, what a palaver! Glad you got it sorted but very poor from BG, I’d cancel if I were you!

We did have a BG contract at one time, but we worked out that the  annual cost was more than getting our local plumber out for an emergency call out. 

A total waste of money. 

• Like 2

Good Morning Everyone.

I've just been watching a BBC news item about hugging; how people have been hug-deprived over the last God knows how many months. Not for the first time I was reminded how lucky I've been to have my own little bubble of closest family and we've hugged and kissed as normal. I am one of life's huggers. So I would like to send a virtual hug to you all today and look forward to hearing about all your hug reports. We are so near to a form of normality and all those things we took for granted will be really special when they happen.

Have a good day everyone.

Best wishes as always. Jane.xxxx

• Like 13

Yeah Kalos 😁 you’re still here .

Busy day again today still doing meals ,breakfast,lunch,dinner for in-laws,at least I don’t have to do it anymore for my daughter she gets her stitches out today and father in law gets his 38 staples out today, then another plaster cast on for 6 weeks 😤 I don’t know how long I can keep all this cooking up , then tomorrow I’ve got to get them both to the dentist which has been cancelled 4 times so they must go , then I have a hospital appointment in the afternoon .

Sunny day so far but the workmen have totally blocked our driveway again and it’s really starting to annoy me , the building work been going on since last august but the last two weeks have been a nightmare with the gas and electricity pipes being laid and school traffic trying to get by accident waiting to happen with children and parents walking in the road 😳any way rant over hope you all have a good day , and Jane be careful at work 😉

• Like 7

Good morning all from blustery West Sussex and a special good morning to Kalos. Great to see you posting and the forum isn’t the same without you.

Good luck with returning to work Jane....

I'm also really hoping this thread doesn’t disappear Avril.
All the regulars posting on here every day have helped so many over the last 14 months or so and has cheered up our days so much. Feeling (a small) part of such a wonderful group of people has made a big difference to me every day.

Thanks to Sharon for allowing this thread too.

Finally - hello to Andy and Michelle....

Gill x

• Like 7

The thread won't disappear yet but there is always a reason posts are deleted and it wasn't to do with Elvis in this instance. Also please remember it is a family site and some jokes have not been family-friendly. Mods don't remove posts for the sake of it. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Host Sharon said:

The thread won't disappear yet but there is always a reason posts are deleted and it wasn't to do with Elvis in this instance. Also please remember it is a family site and some jokes have not been family-friendly. Mods don't remove posts for the sake of it. Thanks.

If I have posted anything that was not family friendly all I can do is apologise, I have posted

on the pub joke site over 40 odd pages without issue . I was the co owner of a entertainment

web site and used to have to moderate that and it was not easy ,so I do thank the mods for

keeping the site in check and wish you all well  and thank you for your time and guidance Sharon .

Be safe and take care :classic_smile:

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

My mate just phoned me up and was very pleased with himself as he has now been 

sober for 49 days ! :classic_smile:  Not in a row or anything. Just in total.:classic_unsure:

He's off to the shop now to buy some eggs so he can make fried egg butties.

That got me thinking about all that nice food on a cruise ship, do you ever get the 

urge to nip into the buffet and make yourself maybe a chip butty, beans on toast

or some other  everyday delights ?  What do you make? As the advert say's are you

crisp in or crisp out :classic_love:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I’ve had beans on toast once or twice - perhaps as a sea-day brunch when we’re going to splash out on a speciality restaurant in the evening.  It’s really quite nice to get something very plain yet still satisfying and not loaded with fat or sugar.

Funny old weather here.  Very very blustery but quite warm in the quiet spells between hurricanes.  I’m meeting my sister for lunch.  Our first meet since August!  We were set for a walk together a couple of weeks ago but her old dog took ill.  Thankfully he’s fine again now but we’ve parked the dog walk in favour of an (outside the) pub lunch

Hey kalos!  
My thanks to Sharon too, for your pretty thankless task

It’s a bit sad to think that when our wish comes true and cruising proper restarts we’ll lose this little bit of “normality 2020/21”

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kalos said:

sober for 49 days ! :classic_smile:  Not in a row or anything. Just in total.:classic_unsure:

That got me thinking about all that nice food on a cruise ship, do you ever get the 

urge to nip into the buffet and make yourself maybe a chip butty, beans on toast

or some other  everyday delights ?  What do you make? As the advert say's are you

The thing I miss most is a banana sarnie, crisp out of course. Childish I know, but I get withdrawal symptoms after a while. I wonder what would happen if I asked the waiter at lunch time for a banana sandwich 🤔

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

I was the co owner of a entertainment

web site 

I now know why you're so spontaneously funny. 

Avril

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

I sometimes like to have a bacon sandwich , only sometimes mind, so I make it in the buffet and sit with the folks in vests and football shirts and Crocs. No sliced white bread at the buffet. Can I have 2 slices of white bread please?......we don't do that sir, would you like toast ?.  .......yes 2 slices of white toast please.....raw.🤣

• Haha 4

This thread has kept a lot of people sane. I didn't see anything to offend, but sometimes we forget it's not an adult only site so some innuendos may be inappropriate. I have got to say there are double standards though, I was attacked for posting info, one or two doubted it and kept wanting the source, which I wasn't prepared to divulge. They got very abusive and it wasn't stopped by the mods for days.

Pleased to see Kalos posting and still very humorous, keep them coming please.

Mixed weather, sunshine and showers, no G&T on the patio today.

Stay safe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Fish finger sandwich for me.  Jane.x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

This thread has kept a lot of people sane. I didn't see anything to offend, but sometimes we forget it's not an adult only site so some innuendos may be inappropriate. I have got to say there are double standards though, I was attacked for posting info, one or two doubted it and kept wanting the source, which I wasn't prepared to divulge. They got very abusive and it wasn't stopped by the mods for days.

Pleased to see Kalos posting and still very humorous, keep them coming please.

Mixed weather, sunshine and showers, no G&T on the patio today.

Stay safe.

Ours is not to reason why Bob. We've mixed weather here now, sunshine and sudden showers. Typical April weather that waited until May to arrive.

Avril

• Like 3

Nice and warm here even though it is cloudy, we went to Junction 32 again for breakfast, so nice to sit out and dine, and I had my crocs on, as is usual when it is warm.

Crisps in crisps out, love crisp sarnies, when my eldest grandson was a sprog he used to stay with us most weekends and his treat was crisp sandwiches for Saturday lunch, he loved nipping into the local shop and picking out what flavour crisps he wanted. I always squash them up so that I can get a full bag between 2 slices of bread, mind you that isn't hard now due to the continuing reduction in weight, they will be packing them individually next. Seabrook crisps are the best.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nice and warm here even though it is cloudy, we went to Junction 32 again for breakfast, so nice to sit out and dine, and I had my crocs on, as is usual when it is warm.

Crisps in crisps out, love crisp sarnies, when my eldest grandson was a sprog he used to stay with us most weekends and his treat was crisp sandwiches for Saturday lunch, he loved nipping into the local shop and picking out what flavour crisps he wanted. I always squash them up so that I can get a full bag between 2 slices of bread, mind you that isn't hard now due to the continuing reduction in weight, they will be packing them individually next. Seabrook crisps are the best.

Seabrook for us as well. I liked mine on a Sandwich Spread sandwich, if you know what I mean. We eat very few crisps now, but sometimes still spoil ourselves.

I'm glad it's staying fine for you. We're in the middle of the weirdest weather here. Sun, heavy rain, and a thunderstorm all in a space of 10 mins. Oh, the sun has just come out again.😏

Avril

• Like 1