Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

 Unfortunately I seem to have chosen the only dog in the world who's not keen on walking! Give him a bed, a sofa, and a nice warm radiator and he's happy. Show him his harness and lead and he hides! 

A very inelligent dog you have there Jane😄

Avril

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

Yes, these people did enrich this forum with their posts.  Many years ago, on another forum, I followed, and corresponded with, another poster and I felt I knew her so well, then she just disappeared without a word.  I pondered on it for ages and felt a real sense of loss.  I also hope they are all keeping well and return soon - and Harry too.

I 'm in the same situation with Bobupandown(Bob and Elaine) We realised we would have been on the same cruise last year and chatted often, making plans etc. Then it was cancelled due to covid, and after a few more posts, nothing. I agree, it's worrying when the posts suddenly stop, especially now. I hope they're both alright and also the other posters who suddenly disappear without warning. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning everyone.

Sunny and dry here, with not wind for a change, although there is a fair bit of cloud cover and warmer than yesterday. Temps are creeping up we have 12oC expected to get to 13oC.

Have had two phone calls one after the other so far this morning. Shopping is due to be delivered this morning too but other than that nothing exciting is planned for today.

Take care and hope you all have a nice day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning.

 

Usual weather, had enough of our typical British Spring. In normal times I would be looking for a cheap break to sunnier climes.

 

Just heading of for Marie's second jab, happy days.

 

Also just received an email confirming arrangements for online viewing on Sunday for Iona naming ceremony.

 

Stay safe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning all, feeling a bit grumpy this morning, I’m not happy with this weather, I think we were spoilt last year! John is off this weekend but of course the weather is looking dreadful! Now he’s finished our hall he was going to spend time in the garden! 
 

Ho hum, count my blessings etc ….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Jane. That's just how I felt when I tried yesterday, I couldn't even get the forecast right for Phil and Mrs YP's outing, but luckily she made it home in time to rescue her washing😁

So I have concluded that it's best if I leave it to our resident expert. I know my place😏 . He should be back soon🤞

I hope work is going well for you Jane, and you're not over-doing it. You sound much chirpier now, so that's good. Take care, and enjoy your weekend.

Avril

 

Morning Avril.  I read your weather-girl post but, a fail, but as you say, at least Mrs YP got the washing in on time so every cloud and all that. I totally agree about our resident expert.  He needs to be back as we are starved of our early morning wake up call and he is just so funny.  Kalos is our equivalent of the guy in that film when he shouted "Good Morning America" every day - can't remember the film or the man but the sentiment is there.  Yes, thanks for asking Avril, work is fine.  I feel so much better now.  Being at home is not good for me when I'm unwell.  I just sit around feeling sorry for myself and eating, and watching tv, and eating!  I also think it's reassuring being surrounded by doctors - just in case I need one!  Have a lovely weekend Avril (and Frank).  Speak soon.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning Avril.  I read your weather-girl post but, a fail, but as you say, at least Mrs YP got the washing in on time so every cloud and all that. I totally agree about our resident expert.  He needs to be back as we are starved of our early morning wake up call and he is just so funny.  Kalos is our equivalent of the guy in that film when he shouted "Good Morning America" every day - can't remember the film or the man but the sentiment is there.  Yes, thanks for asking Avril, work is fine.  I feel so much better now.  Being at home is not good for me when I'm unwell.  I just sit around feeling sorry for myself and eating, and watching tv, and eating!  I also think it's reassuring being surrounded by doctors - just in case I need one!  Have a lovely weekend Avril (and Frank).  Speak soon.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

I am usually hopeless at films but the one you reference is Good Morning Vietnam starring Robin Williams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am usually hopeless at films but the one you reference is Good Morning Vietnam starring Robin Williams.

Great film, great actor left us too soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am usually hopeless at films but the one you reference is Good Morning Vietnam starring Robin Williams.

That's the one Pete!  Thanks.  Jane

x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning.

 

Usual weather, had enough of our typical British Spring. In normal times I would be looking for a cheap break to sunnier climes.

 

Just heading of for Marie's second jab, happy days.

 

Also just received an email confirming arrangements for online viewing on Sunday for Iona naming ceremony.

 

Stay safe.

Best wishes to Elaine for her jab and hopefully no side effects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Can I ask you lovely friendly cruisers a question?

 

We are going to take Grandchildren on a cruise next summer, ages 14,11, 9 & 4(nearly5).

We have cruised Royal Caribbean before with them which has every activity imaginable although they did not use the kids clubs. They loved it but Royal is ridiculously high prices next year.

We are looking at Ventura or Sky Princess.
 

I would welcome your opinions on either ship 


Thanks

Michelle

Sorry no kids so cannot give a comprehensive answer.

If you are flexible with dates you might get better prices with Royal Caribbean who do have fantastic facilities for everyone on the bigger ships.

We always book a year in advance to incorporate Pauline's work holidays but friends on Royal Caribbean forums have indicated prices drop after final payment when a lot of American's with refundable deposits cancel.

Good luck.

Graham.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to Elaine for her jab and hopefully no side effects.

Oops, I think you mean Marie,  Graham. You're mixing Bobupandown's Elaine with Bobstheboy's Marie. Confusing ain't it?😄

Avril

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry no kids so cannot give a comprehensive answer.

If you are flexible with dates you might get better prices with Royal Caribbean who do have fantastic facilities for everyone on the bigger ships.

We always book a year in advance to incorporate Pauline's work holidays but friends on Royal Caribbean forums have indicated prices drop after final payment when a lot of American's with refundable deposits cancel.

Good luck.

Graham.

 

Unfortunately we have to go during school holidays when they hike up the prices. Royal would be my first choice when taking the grandchildren but it’s very expensive hence I am looking at other lines.

Michelle 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oops, I think you mean Marie,  Graham. You're mixing Bobupandown's Elaine with Bobstheboy's Marie. Confusing ain't it?😄

Avril

He means well and it's the thought that counts !  😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

I think I do .... was she Petunia?  I've forgotten what it was about though!

To mark the 60th anniversary of the Central Office of Information, the government department responsible for the memorable films which warned the public of the dangers around them, the Magazine is featuring a different film from the archives each week day in February.

Today's features Joe and Petunia, a cartoon couple who were in a number of films starting in the late 1960s, covering subjects such as the countryside code, the dangers of worn tyres, and saving water. This film, about the Coastguard, was probably the best known.

Scene: Sailor in small boat struggling against high waves and wind. Meanwhile a couple sit picnicking on a - strangely windless - clifftop, looking out to sea.

PETUNIA (eating ice cream): Oh it's ever so nice and peaceful up here, Joe. Nice view, too.

JOE: Aye, very nice Petunia. And look at that nice little boat. He's having a lot of fun out there in his nice little dinjy. That's what they call them, you know, sailing dinjies.

PETUNIA: Aren't they nice people at our hotel, Joe?

(Joe, looking through binoculars, sees sailor hanging on to his boom for dear life.)

JOE: Hey hey! Hello! Now he's splicing his main brace.

PETUNIA (focusing on ice cream): Though I don't think the man on table six is very nice.

JOE (still looking at sailor): Ey, do you think he's in trouble, Petunia?

PETUNIA: Ooh no, Joe, he's just enjoying himself on holiday.

(Sailor is thrown into sea, then waves frantically for help.)

JOE: Oh, he's decided to have a swim. Now he's going to climb back again. I expect that water's a bit cold, don't you? Oh, oh, he's changed his mind. Now he's waving to us. Coooeeee! I can't say I recognise him, though.

 

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41283000/jpg/_41283580_jopetunia3203.jpg
Ask for the coastguard

PETUNIA: Well he must know us. Maybe it's the gent on table number six?

JOE: No it's not him, he's much...Oh now he's shouting. LOVELY DAY, IS'NT IT?

SAILOR: HELP HELP! DIAL 999 AND ASK FOR THE COASTGUARD.

JOE: I can't hear a word he's saying, you know.

(Sailor's words appear in a speech bubble: in a postmodern joke, somehow Joe is able to read the speech bubble.)

JOE, reading: Dial 999... and... ask... for... the... coast...guard... Well I never!

(Joe runs to phone box and dials 999.)

VOICEOVER: If you see a boat you think may be in distress, dial 999 and ask for the coastguard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Husband has just got a blue light card and booked a cruise on Britannia on 27th June for 4 days  really good discount of 45% .

 

A shout out to all those who recommend a blue light card a big THANK YOU 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Can I ask you lovely friendly cruisers a question?

 

We are going to take Grandchildren on a cruise next summer, ages 14,11, 9 & 4(nearly5).

We have cruised Royal Caribbean before with them which has every activity imaginable although they did not use the kids clubs. They loved it but Royal is ridiculously high prices next year.

We are looking at Ventura or Sky Princess.
 

I would welcome your opinions on either ship 


Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle.  I can only speak for Ventura as I haven't sailed with RC.  I've taken one grandchild alone three times, and have sailed with the family three times on either Ventura or Azura and I have to say that if they're not interested in the kids' clubs (ours weren't) there's not much else doing.  The pools and table tennis have been the mainstay of our girls' holidays, the occasional film, and the evening entertainment.  Although I can honestly say they weren't bored, Ventura hasn't got the attractions that RC has.  We are going en famille next August on Ventura, and the girls will be 16 and 13 by then.  If cost is too high on RC and you go for Ventura I'm sure you will all have a great time.  With four of them they will be able to entertain each other to a certain extent.   Best wishes.  Jane.x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Following our leaking pipe incident last weekend, I have just received the following text from BG. When the money arrives we will be giving it to my niece's  lovely husband who actually did the work for us.

 

Hi, this text is from British Gas. I have arranged to refund £100 and you will get the same in your bank within 2 weeks. Have a great day.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to Elaine for her jab and hopefully no side effects.

Sorry Bob.

I should have said Marie.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oops, I think you mean Marie,  Graham. You're mixing Bobupandown's Elaine with Bobstheboy's Marie. Confusing ain't it?😄

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I did mix them up after reading your post about Bobupanddown then Bobstheboys post.

I've sent Bob my apologies.🤭

Graham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

He means well and it's the thought that counts !  😄

I'm very sorry Bob.

I read Avril's post just before yours and I didn't proof read.🤐.

I hope Marie has had her vaccine now and is okay.🤞

Graham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Hi Michelle.  I can only speak for Ventura as I haven't sailed with RC.  I've taken one grandchild alone three times, and have sailed with the family three times on either Ventura or Azura and I have to say that if they're not interested in the kids' clubs (ours weren't) there's not much else doing.  The pools and table tennis have been the mainstay of our girls' holidays, the occasional film, and the evening entertainment.  Although I can honestly say they weren't bored, Ventura hasn't got the attractions that RC has.  We are going en famille next August on Ventura, and the girls will be 16 and 13 by then.  If cost is too high on RC and you go for Ventura I'm sure you will all have a great time.  With four of them they will be able to entertain each other to a certain extent.   Best wishes.  Jane.x

Thanks Jane, lots of helpful information there

Michelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm very sorry Bob.

I read Avril's post just before yours and I didn't proof read.🤐.

I hope Marie has had her vaccine now and is okay.🤞

Graham.

No need to apologise Graham, thanks for your kind thoughts. All good so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...