P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning, 

The Iona thread has been locked, surely no one could have posted a link to Iona’s naming ceremony, we’re not getting the links until 10am tomorrow? I don’t think anyone on here would post the link anyway. 😔

I know Sharon must have had a reason to lock it, I’m not criticising her, but it’s such a shame to have no Iona thread especially as she’s so close now.

😱 oh no! You could always start a new one!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Hi Graham

its grey & miserable here.

Yes we got an invitation to watch the naming ceremony, it’s to watch it online so no travelling required. Maybe someone on the Iona thread said that they would share the link tomorrow, I can’t imagine why else it would have been locked.

We’re trying to have our little Grandson for his 2nd sleepover tonight, it didn’t go well the first time!
Have a good day everyone 

Hope all goes well this time Sarah.

18 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Just finished  my last shift being a "jabber" .The unit will cease to be after today! The original ward wants its unit back as things  gradually return to normal  and the hospital has decided to let the community providers take over the vaccination program. 

We have stabbed over 70,000 with only a few minor incidents!!!

It's been a real pleasure and privilege working here. A little bit of history. 

Off for the summer ( I expect a few bank shifts ) and then return for the autumn for  Flu jabs and? Covid boosters. 

A bottle of fizz to  celebrate tonight!!!!😂

Well done, you can be very proud 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon all. Been very miserable weather here today, drying up a bit now.

As John couldn’t do his gardening we went to Bluewater! First time in 7 months, was so nice to just be somewhere different than my local shops. No restaurant lunch of course which is what we’d have done in normal times! I may have bought a couple of items of clothing in Next 😁

• Like 3

Well after problems from first Pfizer vaccine and considering not having second I had a phone call for an appointment for second vaccine. Decided to go and when I asked prior to vaccination about problems I had after the first one the paramedic giving me the injection wasnt really interested he just said it was my decision and was up to me. Anyway I went ahead and had the vaccine and touch wood after 5 days have had far less problems than the first time and just a small bruise where injected and a aching upper arm for a few days.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Good afternoon all. Been very miserable weather here today, drying up a bit now.

As John couldn’t do his gardening we went to Bluewater! First time in 7 months, was so nice to just be somewhere different than my local shops. No restaurant lunch of course which is what we’d have done in normal times! I may have bought a couple of items of clothing in Next 😁

I think my last visit to Bluewater was at Christmas 2019.  A couple of friends and I always go for a meal on a weekday evening about a week before Christmas.  It's surprisingly civilised at that time of day.

Of course we missed last Christmas - hopefully we'll be able to do it this year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think my last visit to Bluewater was at Christmas 2019.  A couple of friends and I always go for a meal on a weekday evening about a week before Christmas.  It's surprisingly civilised at that time of day.

Of course we missed last Christmas - hopefully we'll be able to do it this year. 

We often go about 3pm on a weekday as John works 6-2 and it’s ok then as it’s school picking up time.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

Hi just been catching up after a manic week or so. Just reading the thread and who walked by but Pete and lovely Charlie. Lovely to catch up Pete .. have a great evening.

Hope Kalos is ok as it seems quiet without him.

Just looking forward to the naming tomorrow evening.

Anyway off to watch Jane MacDonald now .........

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

We often go about 3pm on a weekday as John works 6-2 and it’s ok then as it’s school picking up time.

I went to bluewater once last summer and again in April once the shops opened, daughter was desperate for baby clothes & wanted to go to Primark. The few times I’ve been people have generally been fairly good at following the one way system and social distancing.

I like going and socking up on free foundation samples from Boots, John Lewis & House of Fraser 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

We’ve abandoned the sleepover, little grandson     developed an allergic rash at lunch time then again before his dinner. I think it’s best he’s with his mummy tonight just in case.

Ah bless him. Maybe it's just as well Sarah  - he'll only want his mummy if he feels unwell later. I wish him better. Jane.x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

We’ve abandoned the sleepover, little grandson     developed an allergic rash at lunch time then again before his dinner. I think it’s best he’s with his mummy tonight just in case.

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope he is all right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I hope that it doesn't  developed into anything serious.

• Like 2

We have been to see our daughter and grandsons locally today which has been nice.Supposed to be going to Southport next week to keep an eye on my Mum whilst my sister and her family are away.However Formby (where my Mum lives) was on BBC news last night as its one of the areas to have seen a steep rise in the Indian varient of covid in the last few weeks.My Mum now doesn't want us to come incase we take it back to Chesterfield! Trying to weigh up whether it is better for us to stay put and Mum not to have to worry or go (to help me not to worry about Mum)but have Mum fretting whilst we are there.She does have a carer who visits daily but still undecided.I have told her that we are not coming but we may change our mind.On the plus side, because of the rise in cases a local pharmacy was pulling people off the streets to be vaccinated yesterday so my 20 year old niece had her first jab!(She nearly fainted afterwards but at least she has had it!)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope he is all right.

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that it doesn't  developed into anything serious.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Ah bless him. Maybe it's just as well Sarah  - he'll only want his mummy if he feels unwell later. I wish him better. Jane.x

Thank you. We think it may have been a reaction to either strawberries or peanut butter, both of which he’s had before. My daughter, his mum, developed cold urticaria when she was young but not as early as this. Oh well, we’ll just have to watch him closely over next few days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I hope your grandson is ok and that you all sleep well

• Like 1

Just listening to Pete Tong Ibiza Classics and The Heritage Orchestra on YouTube - amazing!! At Manchester later in year(I think other venues too) 

Well worth watching if you like a good dance!!

Michelle 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Oh dear. Hope he's not too bad. When little ones are poorly all they want is Mummy. Wishing him well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Hope he is better soon, little ones seem to get ill quick and get better quick.

I am sure he will be looking forward to sleeping over again soon 

Michelle 

• Like 2

Been an abysmal day weather wise,  rained all morning, however my new supply of fibre pots turn up today, so during a break in rain went up to greenhouse to pot on Asters and Cosmos and do a bit of tidying, got trapped in greenhouse during torrential downpour. Better day to row so van some of planters started and release the overwintering dahlias from their straw beds. 

Downside is that I heard from roofers today, another delay in start date due to shortage of materials on their previous job and difficulties in getting the facia boards which is what we are having replaced along with guttering, replacing wood with composite material, no more painting, every couple of years on south side of house. Knock effect is that I now have to delay other work that was due to start in a couple of weeks which relies a roof work being completed. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Downside is that I heard from roofers today, another delay in start date due to shortage of materials on their previous job and difficulties in getting the facia boards which is what we are having replaced along with guttering, replacing wood with composite material,

Not being political, but we are wanting some work done, but supplies of the necessary building materials from the EU are being delayed at present due to issues with paper work.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not being political, but we are wanting some work done, but supplies of the necessary building materials from the EU are being delayed at present due to issues with paper work.

There are also problems getting things like kitchen units. There was a CBI report which indicated that it’s not just issues with materials and components (due to excess paperwork) that are affected, it is workforce supply for manufacturing.

I can understand that a shortage of skilled trades could perhaps be an issue but the article indicated that it was actually “low wage workforce” availability that was the problem. With so many jobs lost to covid it is hard to believe that there is not someone out there to take up these jobs but that’s what is quoted.