P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning I hope everyone is good this morning :classic_smile: The folks on Britannia will

be as they pass Lands End before cruising up the west coast of Cornwall. Some old 

to cruising and some new to cruising . Some will be eager to book the next cruise and

can't wait . It's fine to be enthusiastic about sailing... Just don't go overboard :classic_unsure: It's great

thinking back to your first cruise ,I was nervous about meeting new people on a cruise...
... until I realised, we are all in the same boat. Not a boat though it's a ship, those little 

orange things dangling over the side of the ships are boats !:classic_smile:  There is so much you can

do as well, I once took a Spanish language course on a cruise ship and I got lost at si :classic_ohmy:

Some people will scurry around the ship filming it which is nice but the people who use selfie

sticks on cruise ships  really need to have a good, long look at themselves.:classic_wink:  I hope the new

holiday app works well, much better than carrying one of those pager's about .The last time

me and the Mrs  went to the ships restaurant .The Waiter said, I am sorry but we are so busy

tonight. Would you mind waiting for a bit? I said no problem. He said "well take these drinks

up to table 10 for me please .":classic_smile: On dry land everyone seems busy as well ,I only have to

look at all the photo's posted on here of your travels and exploits and very nice they are too.

Ships are to be soon up to 50% and soon to be full again I'm sure ..Even I seem to be getting 

busier with things to do and my nephews who are in the building trade are fitting new skirting

boards for us today .Very kind of them to fit us in between doing a full weeks work . :classic_love:

I have posted almost every morning for quite a while now to lift us all with a bit of brightness 

and fun but as from today I may not post every morning as I have other things to do  at the

moment . I hope you enjoyed  the posts as much as I enjoyed doing them but I will do a

morning post again at some point . Always remember a joke should be like a skirt, long

enough to cover the subject ,but short enough to keep it interesting. Thank you :classic_smile:

Stay safe and be happy :classic_love:

Sorry to hear that you are not going to be keeping us amused with your wonderful posts for a while.  Stay safe and come back soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning I hope everyone is good this morning :classic_smile: The folks on Britannia will

be as they pass Lands End before cruising up the west coast of Cornwall. Some old 

to cruising and some new to cruising . Some will be eager to book the next cruise and

can't wait . It's fine to be enthusiastic about sailing... Just don't go overboard :classic_unsure: It's great

thinking back to your first cruise ,I was nervous about meeting new people on a cruise...
... until I realised, we are all in the same boat. Not a boat though it's a ship, those little 

orange things dangling over the side of the ships are boats !:classic_smile:  There is so much you can

do as well, I once took a Spanish language course on a cruise ship and I got lost at si :classic_ohmy:

Some people will scurry around the ship filming it which is nice but the people who use selfie

sticks on cruise ships  really need to have a good, long look at themselves.:classic_wink:  I hope the new

holiday app works well, much better than carrying one of those pager's about .The last time

me and the Mrs  went to the ships restaurant .The Waiter said, I am sorry but we are so busy

tonight. Would you mind waiting for a bit? I said no problem. He said "well take these drinks

up to table 10 for me please .":classic_smile: On dry land everyone seems busy as well ,I only have to

look at all the photo's posted on here of your travels and exploits and very nice they are too.

Ships are to be soon up to 50% and soon to be full again I'm sure ..Even I seem to be getting 

busier with things to do and my nephews who are in the building trade are fitting new skirting

boards for us today .Very kind of them to fit us in between doing a full weeks work . :classic_love:

I have posted almost every morning for quite a while now to lift us all with a bit of brightness 

and fun but as from today I may not post every morning as I have other things to do  at the

moment . I hope you enjoyed  the posts as much as I enjoyed doing them but I will do a

morning post again at some point . Always remember a joke should be like a skirt, long

enough to cover the subject ,but short enough to keep it interesting. Thank you :classic_smile:

Signed-off with some crackers today Kalos, thanks & all the best to you. 

On a separate note I think this forum needs an “Out of office” option so when anyone takes a break from posting we know it’s by choice (not something awful like illness etc.) & we know we can expect them back in the future at some point!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Thank you kalos I’ve enjoyed all your morning posts and looking forward to the next stay safe and well lindy 👍🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ardennais said:

We’ve had a 3 night break in the Cotswolds. Pretty villages. Lots of coffee shops! Good weather. Very relaxing and not too busy. Stratford was also lovely. 

C8E068B9-4EFF-4654-A806-90229B4A541E.thumb.jpeg.2a888a38b7b4ad06c27b6409161c063d.jpeg

899784FD-F8FD-4077-9229-A65A893CBF29.thumb.jpeg.d83cb979e1bac44ea87d817cabd51ba8.jpeg

F414708A-04FA-4478-B8B4-27DB0908A4B1.thumb.jpeg.dd4fe8dcd79fae25d1f2d920659e7296.jpeg

FA20C52D-B7EE-4D36-953C-180ACB636454.thumb.jpeg.7746cb282f361bcc1a5e1ed7239a6aa1.jpeg

690077D7-B842-409D-AFA6-5D2D57080C57.thumb.jpeg.b37b665547ee82145a25ff5b447bbfe9.jpeg

9D79229B-29F1-458C-BA19-4D2546CC3BAC.jpeg

AE8E245A-FEB9-4264-A121-053788E867F2.jpeg

Lovely photos.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DamianG said:

On a separate note I think this forum needs an “Out of office” option so when anyone takes a break from posting we know it’s by choice (not something awful like illness etc.) & we know we can expect them back in the future at some point!

On a nice Floataway lounge thread I have posted on daily for over 2 years we have exchanged email addresses in case anyone goes missing from posting.

If anything happened to me either Pauline would post through her cc account or one of my friends on Floataway lounge would.

Graham

• Like 1

We had a nice light lunch at Wynyard gardens then called at the main hall where we have stayed before as well as eating here on several occasions.

Afterwards we went to the beach for a couple of hours.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210703_170012.jpg

IMG_20210703_155822.jpg

• Like 8

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Have been trying to catch up on posts this week but failed miserably. Have had to have some laser treatment for my eye so have avoided  too much time on line or reading so today was the first day to check things out. Sorry that Kalos is leaving for a while, but am sure he will be back 🙂

Have to admit, I am running out of things to post - it has been a really tough month or so so you really don't want to hear my woes and moans each day 😉

The one good thing today was discovering that by booking our August cruise for 2022 really early we have now saved ourselves about £1800 so far. Very happy!

Keeping busy by watching the Southampton ship cam and the webcams from the Isle of Wight and watching Britannia and Silhouette sail by. We wave, but no one is waving back 😉

Lovely to see the cruise ships at sea again - just wondering if, when they sail by us in North Wales, if we will be able to see any using the binoculars !!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Great idea Damian. We do worry about our absentees! Jane.x

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Have been trying to catch up on posts this week but failed miserably. Have had to have some laser treatment for my eye so have avoided  too much time on line or reading so today was the first day to check things out. Sorry that Kalos is leaving for a while, but am sure he will be back 🙂

Have to admit, I am running out of things to post - it has been a really tough month or so so you really don't want to hear my woes and moans each day 😉

The one good thing today was discovering that by booking our August cruise for 2022 really early we have now saved ourselves about £1800 so far. Very happy!

Keeping busy by watching the Southampton ship cam and the webcams from the Isle of Wight and watching Britannia and Silhouette sail by. We wave, but no one is waving back 😉

Lovely to see the cruise ships at sea again - just wondering if, when they sail by us in North Wales, if we will be able to see any using the binoculars !!!!

We have just been to the Harbour Hotel in Southampton for cocktails and a meal. Watched Silhouette & Virtuosa sail out, wish we were onboard!!!

Michelle

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Interestingly, the hotel wasn’t servicing rooms at all. We had to place used towels in a plastic bag outside the room and ask for any extra toiletries/tea/coffee/milk/bottled water etc. Everything was then outside our room when we returned. Not really a problem, but it’s amazing how much rubbish accumulates so we began leaving that outside too. Things like newspapers, remains of fruit, wrappers etc. The only nuisance was having to wash mugs and spoons! 

We stayed in a very nice hotel on Dartmoor. Same kind of protocols. If those are the rules and they are there for the safety of guests and staff,we can put up with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We had a nice light lunch at Wynyard gardens then called at the main hall where we have stayed before as well as eating here on several occasions.

Afterwards we went to the beach for a couple of hours.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210703_170012.jpg

IMG_20210703_155822.jpg

Wot, no fish and chips?🤣

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

And here we go again. 10 minutes to kick-off and my nerves are shredded before it starts. Good luck England! 

How are the nerves holding up ? I hope you can relax a bit now.

Posted at 4-0

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

How are the nerves holding up ? I hope you can relax a bit now.

Posted at 4-0

Much better Zap. I'm actually enjoying it now. So often "enjoy" and "watching Enland" can't be said in the same sentence! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

For the second time in a week - Yaaaaaaaaaay! Well done those boys. Woo-hoo!

No doubt some will think it a boring game with no flair from the England team. Yeeeah, right🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Not seen any cruiseships yet but I guess that when Britannia calls into Liverpool, we may see her in the distance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No doubt some will think it a boring game with no flair from the England team. Yeeeah, right🤣

Just waiting for those comments. Don't care, won't listen, get over yourselves! J.x

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Couldn't fault em tonight, what about Luke Shaw? Footballs coming home, its coming home.

Luke Shaw was outstanding. So pleased for him and hope Jose Mourinho will now eat his words in public. Great performance. J.x

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I admit, 4 - 0 is a good win. Ukraine were poor although we may have made them look worse than they are. Still lacking in flair though, too much backwards and sideways passing that made it tedious to watch at times. We have skilful players but they need to be allowed to take on defenders or play more adventurous passes to forward players. Denmark may make things difficult on Wednesday with their more aggressive attacking play.

13 hours ago, kalos said:

I shall miss your morning posts kalos. They have kept our spirits up and given us something to look forward too each morning, when things have been difficult. They have been a big help to me when I've been low and brought a smile to my face when nothing else could. You are a wonderful  caring friend that I have yet to meet. Hopefully, one day.

Take care Kalos and Mrs Kalos and stay safe.😘

Avril x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1