P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Sue. Yes thank you, I'm fine, and I read through eveyone's posts a couple of times a day. I'm just feeling at a loose end at the moment. One day is begining to merge into the next with no change on the horizon, same old, same old. As neither of us can drive any longer - health reasons, we are restricted to public transport and I'm still not very comfortable in crowds just yet. I seem to have turned into a recluse and I'm finding it difficult to shake myself out of it. I'm living vicariously through everyone's holidays, days out and restaurant dining.😉

There's plenty to keep us occupied at home though.  After the new bathroom was finally finished🙄 Frank decided in his wisdom, to completely redecorate and refurbish the house from top to bottom. It's starting looking nice now and I've enjoyed choosing new soft furnishings and light fitments etc, but blimey the upheavel!!😬

Have an enjoyable day with your sister Sue, and take care.

Avril

Avril,  I hope that things start to improve for you soon.  I know what you mean about one day merging into the next.  I get up each morning and have to check my phone to see what day we are on. 

Like you, we are not comfortable where there are a lot of people.  On Friday we went out for lunch, every table was distanced from the others and felt safe, so we are going to try to find somewhere safe to go one day each week.

We both drive so we don't  have to use public transport.

My contact with other people is pretty much restricted to when I am at the vaccine centre or when I am bowling which I have cut down to the over 60s league because I  think that the older people are less likely to be taking risks.

I think that we are unfortunately going to have to learn to live with covid so we will have to try to find the best way to keep ourselves safe while trying  to get on with life.

Enjoy the work that you and Frank have done on your house.

Stay safe. 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7

Hi all,

Hope you are all keeping well.

I've not been able to get on here for the past month as my laptop died on me and just too many posts to catch up on. So have I missed anything important?

As some of you know I started my new job at the beginning of June in Carbis Bay, just before the G7 summit. I now work in a hotel opposite Tregenna Castle so you can imagine the fun I had getting into work!! Long route round to get through Carbis Bay and then get through the check points.  I was working until 11 am some nights on my own and hubby was worried about it. I was probably in one of the most secure parts of the country and all the residents were police. It has been hectic as the hotel had also just come out of receivership and then opened to the public and went live online straight afterward the G7.

Here's a few photos. 

20210618_124935.jpg

20210604_131527.jpg

20210618_125133.jpg

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 18

19 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi all,

I've not been able to get on here for the past month as my laptop died on me and just too many posts to catch up on. So have I missed anything important?

As some of you know I started my new job at the beginning of June in Carbis Bay, just before the G7 summit. I now work in a hotel opposite Tregenna Castle so you can imagine the fun I had getting into work!! Long route round to get through Carbis Bay and then get through the check points.  I was working until 11 am some nights on my own and hubby was worried about it. I was probably in one of the most secure parts of the country and all the residents were police. It has been hectic as the hotel had also just come out of receivership and then opened to the public and went live online straight afterward the G7.

Here's a few photos. 

20210618_124935.jpg

20210604_131527.jpg

20210618_125133.jpg

Looks lovely. Can you get members of this forum a special rate?

I have a sneaking feeling that staying there will be a little outside my budget!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Sue. Yes thank you, I'm fine, and I read through eveyone's posts a couple of times a day. I'm just feeling at a loose end at the moment. One day is begining to merge into the next with no change on the horizon, same old, same old. As neither of us can drive any longer - health reasons, we are restricted to public transport and I'm still not very comfortable in crowds just yet. I seem to have turned into a recluse and I'm finding it difficult to shake myself out of it. I'm living vicariously through everyone's holidays, days out and restaurant dining.😉

There's plenty to keep us occupied at home though.  After the new bathroom was finally finished🙄 Frank decided in his wisdom, to completely redecorate and refurbish the house from top to bottom. It's starting looking nice now and I've enjoyed choosing new soft furnishings and light fitments etc, but blimey the upheavel!!😬

Have an enjoyable day with your sister Sue, and take care.

Avril

Glad ur bathroom is finished, I am sure it was worth the dust and mess. Now the fun part to come, choosing all the soft furnishings 

Michelle

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi all,

Here's a few photos. 

20210618_124935.jpg

20210604_131527.jpg

20210618_125133.jpg

Looks a beautiful place to work, you must be pleased going to work every day with views like that .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi all,

Here's a few photos. 

20210618_124935.jpg

20210604_131527.jpg

20210618_125133.jpg

That looks gorgeous, I am going to find it on google 

Michelle 

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Looks lovely. Can you get members of this forum a special rate?

I have a sneaking feeling that staying there will be a little outside my budget!

I would rather go on a cruise.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Pull yourself together woman!!! 

Only kidding. 

It's sad times when the one person who has kept us all sane throughout this pandemic is struggling. 

Do what you need to do for you, enjoy the house until you feel comfortable to venture out properly. 

We have tried a few times but get disappointed with others attitudes, so try as best we can to avoid people. 

Our time will come. 

Keep your chin up. 

Andy & Michelle xx 

Good advice Andy, and it must be good because I'd already decided that was what I was going to do😁

I know what you mean about the attitude of others Andy. I ventured into town last week, thought it would be alright to wander around the open market, not a bit of it. It was like free for all, and not a mask in sight, so I came straight home. 

I'm not depressed as such, just bored and fed up of the same mundane day to day routine, with no definite end in sight. The catalyst was the cancellation of yet another cruise, but looking at the forecast for Norway now, the weather's just as bad there, so we're not missing much😉

On the plus side though, we have a semi final to look forward to, so life can't be that bad, now can it?😊 You and Michelle take care

Avril xx

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good advice Andy, and it must be good because I'd already decided that was what I was going to do😁

I know what you mean about the attitude of others Andy. I ventured into town last week, thought it would be alright to wander around the open market, not a bit of it. It was like free for all, and not a mask in sight, so I came straight home. 

I'm not depressed as such, just bored and fed up of the same mundane day to day routine, with no definite end in sight. The catalyst was the cancellation of yet another cruise, but looking at the forecast for Norway now, the weather's just as bad there, so we're not missing much😉

On the plus side though, we have a semi final to look forward to, so life can't be that bad, now can it?😊 You and Michelle take care

Avril xx

Hi Avril.

We were forecast rain this morning so we stayed at home and had home made vegetable soup in the garden for lunch.

We went out for a McDonald's fillet o fish and chips at 5.15pm and it finally started raining at 5.30pm.

We are looking out at sea and it is pouring down with rain 🌧️

Take care Avril.

Sending you our love.

G&P

IMG_20210704_150312.jpg

IMG_20210704_173103.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Avril.

We were forecast rain this morning so we stayed at home and had home made vegetable soup in the garden for lunch.

We went out for a McDonald's fillet o fish and chips at 5.15pm and it finally started raining at 5.30pm.

We are looking out at sea and it is pouring down with rain 🌧️

Take care Avril.

Sending you our love.

G&P

IMG_20210704_150312.jpg

IMG_20210704_173103.jpg

Such a big difference between the photos Graham, you'd think they were taken in different seasons. It's been raining on and off here all day until about 4 o'clock, then the heavens opened and the thunder and lightning arrived. It supposed to be nicer by Wednesday🤞

Avril

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Such a big difference between the photos Graham, you'd think they were taken in different seasons. It's been raining on and off here all day until about 4 o'clock, then the heavens opened and the thunder and lightning arrived. It supposed to be nicer by Wednesday🤞

Avril

Hit and miss here, pouring down one minute lovely sun 10 mins later. Our sun chairs have been in and out of the shed all day. No thunder and lightning here but we could hear it rumbling in the distance, probably over you Avril.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, pete14 said:

Not seen any cruiseships yet but I guess that when Britannia calls into Liverpool, we may see her in the distance.

Perhaps when the school holidays come we can all sit on a decking somewhere with a glass in hand and wave !!! Hope today hasn't been too wet -------- if it has, no worries --- it has been biblical here !!!!!

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Perhaps when the school holidays come we can all sit on a decking somewhere with a glass in hand and wave !!! Hope today hasn't been too wet -------- if it has, no worries --- it has been biblical here !!!!!

Who needs a cruise ship as an excuse to sit on decking with a glass in hand? It has been wet here today off and on but worst this evening. The sea is filling up nicely. 😇

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Who needs a cruise ship as an excuse to sit on decking with a glass in hand? It has been wet here today off and on but worst this evening. The sea is filling up nicely. 😇

Just as long as it doesn't fill up too much 😉

Look forward to meeting up again with you and your lovely wife / family when the school holidays arrive. Have booked the weather ................................

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Just as long as it doesn't fill up too much 😉

Look forward to meeting up again with you and your lovely wife / family when the school holidays arrive. Have booked the weather ................................

Hopefully you have booked good weather. Charlie is a bit upset that you didn’t mention him

1415482D-23BE-4A9D-A7AA-F4DD999E2343.jpeg

• Like 6

I can’t get my head round the briefing tonight. Surely a lot can happen in two weeks. If people get there hopes up as a result of what Boris says, only to have them dashed a week later, will be another blow to our mental health. 

17 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I can’t get my head round the briefing tonight. Surely a lot can happen in two weeks. If people get there hopes up as a result of what Boris says, only to have them dashed a week later, will be another blow to our mental health. 

Gives pubs, restaurants etc two weeks notice, so that social distancing measures can be removed, plus, hopefully, foreign travel can recommence, so people will be able to book holidays without the need to quarantine on return.

Not much is going to change significantly in the next two weeks. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Gives pubs, restaurants etc two weeks notice, so that social distancing measures can be removed, plus, hopefully, foreign travel can recommence, so people will be able to book holidays without the need to quarantine on return.

Apart of course from the number of cases of Covid, which is doubling every few days and can now, according to Australia, be contracted simply by passing someone on a street corner in a matter of seconds.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Except perhaps millions of people exercising their right to personal 'common sense' by implementing the proposals immediately 🙄

Like my local shopping centre which had removed the walking lane barriers from the underground car park pedestrian entrance yesterday so the 'keep left' advice is being ignored already.

• Like 3

Went to weymouth for a long weekend. Fell off the kerb and broke my arm on saturday had to go to dorchester ae am now plastered. Before you ask I don't drink so was sober. Still it could have been worse I could have done a jean and broke my hip. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4