P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

You are all going to have to manage without me for a while as, all being well, I go in for a heart valve replacement tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it one iota but needs must so just want it over now. Happy cruising everyone and stay safe.

Best wishes for tomorrow and for a good recovery. Many OH had two valves replaced 17 years ago and is a lot better than he's was before the operation.  Hopefully you will be back with us soon.  Take care.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

@grapau27 or anyone else interested Disney Magic is leaving Southampton now 13:00

and heading for Newcastle if you fancy a bit of ship spotting :classic_love:

Thanks Kalos.

We saw her when we were in Southampton pre-cruise.

We watched a few ships leaving and Regal Princess ship played a tune all the way down the Solent.

Graham.

IMG_20210820_183627.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

What’s the point of wearing one at all then?! My children all wear specs and find it difficult to see when wearing their masks, but they still wear them properly, and I’m the same. No excuses. 

I'm not making excuses for anyone, merely repeating what was told to me. The lady has a lung problem and finds it very difficult to breathe with a mask covering her nose and mouth, so 2 weeks after her second vaccination she began to go out without a mask, but social distanced. The snide remarks and nasty looks she recieved made it very uncomfortable for her to go out, so opted to wear a mask under her nose, even though she had to occasionally  she had to stop and pull the mask under chin to draw a few breaths of fresh air. Some people could have a good reason for wearing a mask incorrectly. I know the biggest majority just don't care, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Avril

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you, call me Mr Sunshine, Harry !

https://www.acutemedicine.org.uk/senior-medics-warn-unprecedented-summer-pressures-like-worst-winters-we-can-recall/

Realism, wowzz. We're getting warnings already here from the local NHS Trust that they're already at full stretch, and that's mirrored across most of the country,  I place more trust in medics than I do politicians.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

You are all going to have to manage without me for a while as, all being well, I go in for a heart valve replacement tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it one iota but needs must so just want it over now. Happy cruising everyone and stay safe.

Wishing you the very best of luck for tomorrow Sharon.  Hope you make a quick recovery and we look forward to having you back here with us very soon.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Ok - ignore this. Surgery cancelled as hospital full 😞 No new date yet.  Grrrrrrr.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope all goes well for you Sharon, it will be good to get it done.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

We saw her when we were in Southampton pre-cruise.

We watched a few ships leaving and Regal Princess ship played a tune all the way down the Solent.

Graham.

IMG_20210820_183627.jpg

That’s the ‘Love Boat’ theme Graham. We’ve only been on Princess once and they’re obsessed with it 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It's not a patch on the Disney tune which just about everyone in the World recognizes.

Whilst Magic has been sailing out of Southampton they have been very stingy with the ships horn .Anyone would think it was on a pay per play but they take top marks for the artwork  on the bow and stern which is amazing .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Wishing you all the best Sharon. You take care and we all look forward to you rejoining us afterwards to make sure that we all behave. Seriously though will be thinking of you x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not making excuses for anyone, merely repeating what was told to me. The lady has a lung problem and finds it very difficult to breathe with a mask covering her nose and mouth, so 2 weeks after her second vaccination she began to go out without a mask, but social distanced. The snide remarks and nasty looks she recieved made it very uncomfortable for her to go out, so opted to wear a mask under her nose, even though she had to occasionally  she had to stop and pull the mask under chin to draw a few breaths of fresh air. Some people could have a good reason for wearing a mask incorrectly. I know the biggest majority just don't care, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Avril

I’m not tarring anybody Avril. My viewpoint is simple. If you really have a valid medical reason for not being able to wear a mask (and the lady to whom you refer appears to have a very valid reason), then you are exempt, no problem. Your lady could have worn one of those exemption lanyards. But there’s simply no point bothering with a mask at all if you’re wearing it incorrectly. It makes people look stupid and feeble and annoys those who wear them properly. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’m not tarring anybody Avril. My viewpoint is simple. If you really have a valid medical reason for not being able to wear a mask (and the lady to whom you refer appears to have a very valid reason), then you are exempt, no problem. Your lady could have worn one of those exemption lanyards. But there’s simply no point bothering with a mask at all if you’re wearing it incorrectly. It makes people look stupid and feeble and annoys those who wear them properly. 

I understand your viewpoint and sympathise with your fears, but when do you think it will be safe for us to stop wearing masks, because if the medical experts are to be believed the virus is going to be with us for many years to come?

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I understand your viewpoint and sympathise with your fears, but when do you think it will be safe for us to stop wearing masks, because if the medical experts are to be believed the virus is going to be with us for many years to come?

Who knows? 

But with the NHS, and hospitals in particular, in the present critical state on the first day of Autumn - way, way ahead of the winter months during which they're usually under pressure - now is certainly not the time to give them up, and it was sheer madness to ditch the masks in England.  Ask anybody working in the NHS.

Politically convenient, but careless and thoughtless in the extreme when it comes to protection of human lives - and I include in that all those having their surgery postponed even now because of the pressure on hospitals.

Maybe time to stop mask wearing when those pressures are reduced - but certainly not now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Who knows! And I actually didn’t say that I was fearful. If the rules regarding masks were changed (and the English rules are currently different to ours to Wales) then I would accept that. What I do object to is people not wearing them properly! 

• Like 1