Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The granddaughter of one of my friends ,a recent Ohio State graduate was a cheerleader at the school.My friend often attended home football games said there was nothing like an Ohio State football game.

I agree, but I'm sure that you can say the same about many college football teams.  I enjoy college games a lot more than NFL games.  The traditions involved are great.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When we had our last cat from 1985 to 2004 she had a chair at the kitchen table.She would sit on it just like a person and use her two front paws to pick up the food.Her favorites were marshmallows and cotton candy.

Amazing that a cat can eat marshmallows and cotton candy and still live for 19 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree, but I'm sure that you can say the same about many college football teams.  I enjoy college games a lot more than NFL games.  The traditions involved are great.

I spend three months of every year living on the sideline of a high school football field and I would take that over an NFL game any day.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My friend was number one rated high school football player in the entire US in 1958 and could have gone to any college to pursue a football career.He chose Richmond.He often says that he wished that he went to Ohio St.

Edited by lenquixote66

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I spend three months of every year living on the sideline of a high school football field and I would take that over an NFL game any day.

The high school that I went to had the most beautiful football field in NYC but we did not have a football team.I have no idea why.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WOW, Bob!  This is amazing!  I've never gone to a College Football game.  This band is more than impressive.  Thank you for sharing.  I truly enjoyed watching.

Ohio State's band is considered "The Best Damn Band In The Land" (TBDBITL).  They've done some amazing halftime shows with tributes to Blockbuster movies, 9/11 heroes, video games, etc.  Their moving formations on the field are incredible.  My favorite has to be the Michael Jackson tribute where the band formed a huge version of Michael doing a moonwalk.  Check YouTube...lots of halftime shows posted there.  Also posted is an interesting "documentary" called TBDBITL 141.  It's about 2 hours long and talks about the 141st edition of the band.

• Like 2

As much as I love Ohio State, Virginia Tech has a pretty awesome entrance tradition with Enter Sandman from Metallica.  Although the song is older than all of the players and probably all of the students, it gets them really pumped up. 

Very different from Enter Sandman, but I also really like the newer tradition at Iowa where they wave to kids in the nearby Children's Hospital at the end of the 1st quarter.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The first one was 4 nights and this one is 3 nights. I was about 90% sure I was going to book the next one. Mike then got his schedule for October and he has the first 11 days off and the 6 days off starting on the 18th. We have an Odyssey cruise on the 17th and then I booked one on the 3rd. To replace the 4 day cruise that I’m not taking on here I decided to book the cruise in between the first and second Odyssey cruise. 😁 I’ll be on her from the 3rd till the 23rd. I decided since I was at it I might as well book another cruise so we now have a Wonder OTS booked for March. 🛳 🥂

Oh that will be so awesome to be on Odyssey for 20 or 21 days.  

We are looking at maybe booking one of the Wonder ots sailings before she heads to Europe.  Looks like an amazing ship, so does Odyssey.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

As much as I love Ohio State, Virginia Tech has a pretty awesome entrance tradition with Enter Sandman from Metallica.  Although the song is older than all of the players and probably all of the students, it gets them really pumped up. 

Very different from Enter Sandman, but I also really like the newer tradition at Iowa where they wave to kids in the nearby Children's Hospital at the end of the 1st quarter.

Middle DD went to West Virginia University. We attended a game one Family Weekend and were amazed at the size of the stadium. Youngest DD went to Virginia Tech, their stadium seemed even more impressive. We never got to a game there. She hated being so far from home and transferred to Univ of RI after her first semester.  URI’s stadium is….less than impressive LOL.  
Oldest DD went to Roanoke College in VA, very small school - I don’t think they even have a football team. 
Virginia Tech is one of the most beautiful campuses, and between all three girls we visited many when they were considering schools. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Middle DD went to West Virginia University. We attended a game one Family Weekend and were amazed at the size of the stadium. Youngest DD went to Virginia Tech, their stadium seemed even more impressive. We never got to a game there. She hated being so far from home and transferred to Univ of RI after her first semester.  URI’s stadium is….less than impressive LOL.  
Oldest DD went to Roanoke College in VA, very small school - I don’t think they even have a football team. 
Virginia Tech is one of the most beautiful campuses, and between all three girls we visited many when they were considering schools. 

One of my son in laws graduated University of Virginia.A niece graduated Virginia Tech 

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Why isn't anyone posting "That's for Dinner Tonight"?

I am running out of ideas😁

We are making our pasta sauce which is a full day project, making 4 lbs of meatballs with sauce so dinner will be meatballs sandwich’s. Also will have a little Italian sausage also.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

USC Trojans used to have cool uniforms. Not so much now.

Texas A&M band is insanely huge, and gets even bigger when Corps of Cadets joins in

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

We are making our pasta sauce which is a full day project, making 4 lbs of meatballs with sauce so dinner will be meatballs sandwich’s. Also will have a little Italian sausage also.

Lasagna leftovers, day 1. 

It will last forever

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, George C said:

That sounds good.  My husband is doing pork on the Trager.  It should be done soon.  

• Like 3