Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We are onboard. No lines at check in or arrival. We parked at the surface lot by the entrance of the terminal Was told 2300 plus passengers on this sailing. I had a mango Miami Vice and have sampled two pizz slices from Sorento's. Dinner at Giovanni's tonight. 

Sounds great!  Enjoy!

We are onboard. No lines at check in or arrival. We parked at the surface lot by the entrance of the terminal Was told 2300 plus passengers on this sailing. I had a mango Miami Vice and have sampled two pizz slices from Sorento's. Dinner at Giovanni's tonight. 

Thoughts on the pizza? 😊

Ship is pretty much like the Anthem with some extras and it is shiney and new. I have not explored fully but this was my first impression. Very clean and new.

I've lost track of who is on which ship. Is it Odyssey?

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One thing about this ship that is really annoying me. The balconies have low, fixed back chairs, not high adjustible back chairs like I had on other ships. I find it impossible to sit out there and be comfortable for any length of time. What is the point of having a balcony? I'd like to walk over to Freedom and take two of their chairs. Who at RCI corporate thought this was a good idea?🤨

Unfortunately you are sailing on a non amplified ship. The adjustable back chairs are a more recent improvement. 

Enjoy Mama Mia 😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One thing about this ship that is really annoying me. The balconies have low, fixed back chairs, not high adjustible back chairs like I had on other ships. I find it impossible to sit out there and be comfortable for any length of time. What is the point of having a balcony? I'd like to walk over to Freedom and take two of their chairs. Who at RCI corporate thought this was a good idea?🤨

Unfortunately you are sailing on a non amplified ship. The adjustable back chairs are a more recent improvement. 

Enjoy Mama Mia 😉

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

heck of a comeback though..................no Rodgers  and no Brady ,probably go to be  ho hum superbowl

Or exciting for people looking forward to some new blood and not the same-old, same-old.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am surprised not to see any post on the game.  I normally don’t watch NFL but this game is great. 

Well, I, for one, am not happy with the outcome of tonight’s game . 
Both games ended with fireworks!

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, I, for one, am not happy with the outcome of tonight’s game . 
Both games ended with fireworks!

I posted and just a couple plays later it was over.  I like college overtime better.  So much of an advantage by winning a coin toss in NFL overtime.  Exciting playoff games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Bonnie-

I grew up in Forest Hills and,at times,still have a Queens accent as in watah for water and the expression g’ahead for go ahead as in -Can I go to the front of the line?- G’ahead !

My DH and I moved to the North Fork of Long Island in 1984,about 70 miles east of Deer Park. I still miss the NYC metro area.

I lived in neighboring Kew Gardens before my company transferred me to Dallas area. Always lived in Brooklyn or queens.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I might be a old-stick-in-the-mud, prude but is that appropriate for baby Felix? 😉😇😄

I've heard about it.  I'm not sure it's appropriate for me either!! 🙈

But I'd love to give it a try!!! Maybe?

1 hour ago, George C said:

I lived in neighboring Kew Gardens before my company transferred me to Dallas area. Always lived in Brooklyn or queens.

Kew Gardens, also a lovely area.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Day drinking comes at a cost. 😂

Well, since I hadn't even started drinking I suspect the mistakes will only get worse as the day goes on.

Speaking of drinking... i really like the new vouchers as opposed to the old C&A benefits. It is nice not having time limitations and I've tried some new drinks. Met an awesome bartender in the Champagne Bar who has been great about martini suggestions and really seems to take pride in his work. Also a woman from Jamaica in the Solarium Bar who has a great personality and is a lot of fun.

I need to find out how many people are on this ship. It seems like the perfect number... no crowds yet doesn't feel empty.

• Like 16

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

…I need to find out how many people are on this ship. It seems like the perfect number... no crowds yet doesn't feel empty.

I heard about 3500 but it doesn’t seem like that many. We are going to the top tier event this morning so we will find out then.

• Like 2