"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

49 minutes ago, singinalot said:

All, I’m going to take a little break from this little chat for a while, but I wanted to at least say goodbyes 🙂 

It’s been overall refreshing to have fellow cruisers in the same boat alongside us this past almost year. 

You can find me on IG with this same screen name if you’d like to keep in touch.

Best wishes for a fun 2021 for all of you!

~Crystal

It's never goodbye - it's "see ya".     Take care and have fun with your travels and house shopping.   We'll be here if you want to stop in and say "Hi"

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How did he like flying the 787?

He loves it. He's a little disappointed right now since after training they're supposed to fly 100 hours in 4 months. He didn't make it since there is so little flying right now. There are other pilots down here in the same boat since the 787's are new to Miami. He needs 36 more hours. He had to go to Dallas yesterday to do another sim with a landing since he was short on hours. Normally he would fly 80 - 90 hours a month pre-covid. Having him home constantly since March 31 except for his traing time in Dallas has been very nice.

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

There are other pilots down here in the same boat since the 787's are new to Miami.

When our son was a FA for a fixed contract of 5 years, we tried to do all the far away cruises in this limited time, in order to take advantage of the reduced fares.

We're very excited to try the new 787's business class for a flight Tel-Aviv - Hong Kong. Very disappointed -- narrow seats, you feel like being in a tunnel. 

For a TLV-London flight, we tried the prime economy, and they were the best.

The food was so-so on both classes.

Our son told us that for the crew, the 787 is excellent. For passengers, the PE is the most comfortable and value for money.

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

When our son was a FA for a fixed contract of 5 years, we tried to do all the far away cruises in this limited time, in order to take advantage of the reduced fares.

We're very excited to try the new 787's business class for a flight Tel-Aviv - Hong Kong. Very disappointed -- narrow seats, you feel like being in a tunnel. 

For a TLV-London flight, we tried the prime economy, and they were the best.

The food was so-so on both classes.

Our son told us that for the crew, the 787 is excellent. For passengers, the PE is the most comfortable and value for money.

We also flew the 787 to London with prime economy seats and really enjoyed them.    I would definitely do them again!

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

All, I’m going to take a little break from this little chat for a while, but I wanted to at least say goodbyes 🙂 

It’s been overall refreshing to have fellow cruisers in the same boat alongside us this past almost year. 

You can find me on IG with this same screen name if you’d like to keep in touch.

~Crystal

Hate to see you leave. 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

~Crystal

Tired of playing with us?

On 1/11/2021 at 11:03 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I know over a dozen or more people here who have had both versions with absolutely no side effects. Five of them are family members. At most, a little sore at the injection site. 

M8

My wife and I had the vaccine this afternoon.No side effects.

One of our children had it early this morning and also no side effects.

😀

So the temps started warming up yesterday afternoon and snow turned to rain overnight and by midday today it had warmed up by 20 degrees Fahrenheit and much of the snow had washed away.  I wrapped up work early today and went for nice walk.  The sun broke through the clouds at times and it was an absolutely beautiful day.

About a mile from my temporary home here I have a great view of the lake.

IMG_5239.jpeg

Then I stumbled across these fellas.  The first one was either hearing impaired or one of the bravest little does you'll ever come across.  She let me get with in 10-12 feet of her until she took off to join  the rest of the gang about 25 feet away up a little hill on the edge of the park.  

IMG_5240.jpeg

IMG_5241.jpeg

Not a bad lockdown day, all things considered.

Edited by Tree_skier
15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

😀

I told you to listen to your kids.🙂

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

~Crystal

Off to find you on IG. Will miss you and Nate.  

Please pop back in here upon occasion to say hi. I have a feeling this thread will be active for a while yet. 

48 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

😀

We get ours on Wednesday, hoping we do as well as you!

54 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you for your words of encouragement .I really appreciated it.

I hear you get a great nights sleep after you get vaccine.   I heard several say they think it is due to peace of mind. 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:39 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if the CDC will eventually change the testing requirements for people who can show proof of vaccination. When you consider the number of people who are skeptical of the vaccine, I think seeing these testing requirements, the need to wear masks, and the need to distance yourself from people even if vaccinated just feeds into their skepticism. It certainly isn't going to do much to motivate those people who are holdouts to change their minds. I just throw that out there.

Screenshot_20210113-195743_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1047e7a9aca5ad9b721a564be97b914f.jpg

So a routine thing today (NOT). We inherited 2 cats when my mom passed away. They don't really like each other. And the elderly long haired cat lost an eye to the other one. 

He is old and furry, and apparently stepped in wet cat litter a couple of days ago which glued itself to his back paw sort of like a cement sandal. We noticed that he was tapping as he walked across the kitchen floor. :classic_biggrin: 

So today's project was to wrap him in a towel and soak his paw in a bowl of warm soapy water and use an old toothbrush to try to remove the solidified cat litter from between his toes and pads. You can imagine how it went...the cat is screaming and squirming. Water is going everywhere. The other cat is watching in amazement and seemingly hoping that we are killing him.  :classic_biggrin: It is not something we wish to repeat. 

Kitty 3  on the beach tie removed.jpg

We just lost our 23 year old cat, that I let my wife adopt 22-1/2 years ago... and I got to take care of...  

When she sent me an email saying we need to adopt this kitty... I said, have I ever denied you anything you wanted.  Worst decision of my life.  I loved that cat, but O M G... cats are disgusting, on their best days and terrible every day.

Good mom and dad!

20 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am guessing something really hard happened.  Sigh... sorry to hear

I know that they had a lot of great trips planned, and one by one they have had to cancel them. :classic_sad: