Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

They are fantastic - a whole breakfast in one - very efficient (and delicious).

I have heard that round donuts are the best for dieting............as the story goes - all of the calories and fat grams are concentrated in the center - then it is cut out and just a hole is left. Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it (or was that some jelly or custard)!!!!!!

I believe you. From now on I’ll only eat donuts with holes. 😆

14 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

That's what friends are for!!!!

Thanks. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m ready. I just need to find a good donut shop. 🍩

Happy hunting............I have had Dandee Donuts and can recommend. I like the fresh made (warm) Krispy Kreme's but it has been a long time since I had one. KK's can be found already boxed in some grocery stores - not the same quality as directly from the store - look to see if the neon sign is on as it indicates fresh, warm donuts are being or just made.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=donuts&find_loc=Fort+Lauderdale%2C+FL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

When we still lived in Canada my BIL/SIL lived a little to the east of us in a city named Chilliwack.  It is famous for its corn.  Every September, at the peak of corn season they would invite the all of the family out for giant corn boil.  Freshly picked and boiled ripe corn and rolled in butter was the only thing on the menu.  We'd eat until we collapsed.  It was so sweet it tasted like candy.

I went sturgeon fishing in Chilliwack. We know people in our cattle breed who live there and his son and friends ran a fishing charter company. I think the are now gone their own ways. We spent a better part of a day on the river fishing with their son. We didn’t catch the big one but a few small ones. They shared some great stories of past clients catches and running Hells Gate with their jet boats. 

Over the years they caught many like this but not they day we were there. 

288C2870-6C99-4404-8279-9D7A5B085D88.jpeg.4297fd115da04ec4e433c236df0f4d9d.jpeg

• Like 7

I have a friend in Florida who's son works at a donut place called The Mini Bar.  They sell smaller sized donuts so that you can try more than one guilt free.  They also have fruity pebbles, maple bacon, and other flavors like pop tarts and rice krispies.  Everything made to order and comes out hot.  The important difference is that in addition to coffee and tea, they also sell wine, beer, and mimosas!  Now we're talking.  Great for early in the morning AND late in the evening.

• Like 4

Few pics from the day. 

Neighbour’s tractor ready for a big day.  

9B894FCB-CDD3-4407-9D89-5EC6EC391703.thumb.jpeg.97c06ecc07b47816cade525467b4e753.jpeg

Other neighbour’s legal outdoor grow op getting ready for the season. 

D5B538D9-4A08-4EDE-9F67-43D00AB0AC70.thumb.jpeg.2225cf2515b4d3164527f002168df2e8.jpeg

We put the owl out to scare of a some smaller birds. Lucy be like, whooo you? #dadjoke

E2B5E368-0717-4727-B4DD-7E032981244C.thumb.jpeg.a8e718fb9e4675f4b3e448ea40dd1534.jpeg

Moving on, nothing to see here. 

EB9BB474-755E-43AE-8B97-B2BCD1E35A9E.thumb.jpeg.9f5f7af65f8f8b48a536bfbc34105681.jpeg

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have a friend in Florida who's son works at a donut place called The Mini Bar.  They sell smaller sized donuts so that you can try more than one guilt free.  They also have fruity pebbles, maple bacon, and other flavors like pop tarts and rice krispies.  Everything made to order and comes out hot.  The important difference is that in addition to coffee and tea, they also sell wine, beer, and mimosas!  Now we're talking.  Great for early in the morning AND late in the evening.

We used to have a donut place in Cocoa Beach that did custom toppings via hot glaze when you ordered. It was pricey and never took off

Good afternoon. 
We started planting the garden over Memorial Day.  Finished with a few touch ups yesterday. Planted sun flower seeds around the perimeter. So yesterday I looked out and a chipmunk and squirrel were feasting and digging  up the seeds. So I grabbed my heavy duty aluminum foil and laid it over the seeds. So far so good. 
Then today I looked out the window  and we had deer in the back yard. They avoided the garden —- so far. 
I heard if you put shredded soap around garden deer will avoid. Buying  Irish spring soap. 

Take care 

C82BFD8E-E128-4C58-8130-14B56AF4CDCA.jpeg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

While playing Monopoly, I need to avoid the properties represented by the NIAID Director. Appears they are under enough heat of their own without my participation. 

I suspect he will fall in his own sword with no help from any of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good afternoon. 
We started planting the garden over Memorial Day.  Finished with a few touch ups yesterday. Planted sun flower seeds around the perimeter. So yesterday I looked out and a chipmunk and squirrel were feasting and digging  up the seeds. So I grabbed my heavy duty aluminum foil and laid it over the seeds. So far so good. 
Then today I looked out the window  and we had deer in the back yard. They avoided the garden —- so far. 
I heard if you put shredded soap around garden deer will avoid. Buying  Irish spring soap. 

Take care 

My neighbor had good luck with Irish Spring bars hanging around his grapes.  Mainly for the squirrels though.

13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good afternoon. 

Take care 

C82BFD8E-E128-4C58-8130-14B56AF4CDCA.jpeg

We had blueberry bushes in our garden in Georgia - was told to put bars of Irish Spring in some old nylon stockings and hang them around. Well we had some of the nicest smelling deer in the neighborhood............kind of like that had just taken a bath. We also had those antlered rats come up on our porch and eat flowers................then they had floral breath. I heard that some got lead poisoning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We were up your way a couple of weekends ago. Dealer ride (BRDHD and BRNSB) to Amelia. We stayed at Amelia Schoolhouse Inn. We had dinner one night at the Amelia Tavern which was just a short walk from the Inn. Highlight of the trip for most was crossing the St John’s River on the Mayport Ferry. I had been across many times but most had not. We had a great time. Some pictures. 

E1C30C32-824B-4A84-A3CC-325B764B5D85.jpeg

224B746B-7F1D-4DC7-AA20-77E86131465E.jpeg

2350834D-C4A7-4DB5-B1E5-1AE1CD9D2DA8.jpeg

3B08D47C-C08E-41BC-BAC6-5BE6D3EC1362.jpeg

24D4F585-3965-4326-A607-243346437C0F.jpeg

EDC5C9F3-A7BD-40FB-A0A1-95AACF2A5EFB.jpeg

5E81A3C7-4B03-44C9-8A9F-6F3483D8B0BB.jpeg

50ADA4C6-9448-4002-9443-880ADA10EED8.jpeg

19194F0D-4D56-43B2-9CB6-DBE5D0D1C947.jpeg

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

We were up your way a couple of weekends ago. Dealer ride (BRDHD and BRNSB) to Amelia. We stayed at Amelia Schoolhouse Inn. We had dinner one night at the Amelia Tavern which was just a short walk from the Inn. Highlight of the trip for most was crossing the St John’s River on the Mayport Ferry. I had been across many times but most had not. We had a great time. Some pictures. 

We had never heard of the ferry.  Our backup plan for July after they cancel our cruise is head up to St. Augustine and then take the ferry over and stay in Fernandina Beach 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

What did you think of the Schoolhouse Inn?  We've been in there to the Principle's Office (great name for a bar) a couple of times and the people there that we talked with liked it a lot.  If you're there again, try First Love Brewery.  Not as fancy/touristy as the Tavern but good beer and good pizza (and a few other menu items), and a shorter walk from where you stayed.  I'd also recommend the Decantery for wine/cocktails.  It's a couple of blocks further down the road past the Tavern.  Good selection of better wines and liquors.  No NA. 😉

Love the ferry.  Good restaurants on both sides, especially Safe Harbor Seafood if you like caught that day fish in baskets on picnic tables.  Let me know if you head there again...I'll buy you a beverage.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

We had never heard of the ferry.  Our backup plan for July after they cancel our cruise is head up to St. Augustine and then take the ferry over and stay in Fernandina Beach 

Let me know if you want any recommendations in Fernandina Beach!

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Let me know if you want any recommendations in Fernandina Beach!

Looking for a place where you can just park your car and walk to bars and restaurants.  Thinking of the Hampton Inn downtown not the one on Amelia Island

38 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My neighbor had good luck with Irish Spring bars hanging around his grapes.  Mainly for the squirrels though.

Nuts, grapes, and squirrels… there’s a joke there somewhere.LOL

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think you will enjoy it. Both sides and the barge have been recently upgraded. Just don’t blink, it’s a short ride. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What did you think of the Schoolhouse Inn?  We've been in there to the Principle's Office (great name for a bar) a couple of times and the people there that we talked with liked it a lot.  If you're there again, try First Love Brewery.  Not as fancy/touristy as the Tavern but good beer and good pizza (and a few other menu items), and a shorter walk from where you stayed.  I'd also recommend the Decantery for wine/cocktails.  It's a couple of blocks further down the road past the Tavern.  Good selection of better wines and liquors.  No NA. 😉

Love the ferry.  Good restaurants on both sides, especially Safe Harbor Seafood if you like caught that day fish in baskets on picnic tables.  Let me know if you head there again...I'll buy you a beverage.

Never ate at Safe Harbor. I wanted to try this trip but the group I was with on the return trip was in a hurry to get home. I’ve ate at Singletons more than a handful of times. The company I worked for, liked to have January kickoff meetings in Amelia. We mixed in some golf as well. I used to drive up and take the ferry. It looked like they were remodeling Singletons when we passed by. They had a big temporary Tent in the parking lot for food service. 

Yes, we had a few in the Principals Off and outside as well. They had some live music outside. We picked the Amelia Tavern for walking distance and they took a reservation for 25. 

Very smart on their part no NA. 😎 Don’t know how people can drink that stuff. They did have plenty of Tito’s but I mostly drank beer. Some good local beer on tap. 

Edited by M8VER3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, M8VER3 said:

Looks like a great time!

• Thanks 1

We had a rude wake up , we had went out last night and had bought a washer dryer a couple months ago from Lowe’s and they decided to deliver it 6:30 this morning. On the brighter side our cruise leaves exactly one month from today (hopefully)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

You can cut the bars in to large chunks and hang them in an old nylon stocking. Works better than spreading it around, if it works. 

Edited by Coralc