Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hopefully your cats had an easy trip also.  Now the fun part of unpacking and arranging everything. 

Moving the cats is an ordeal still to come.  I had ordered a larger carrier for Minnie.  However, USPS messed that up. I had filled out a change of address form online and it asked what date I wanted the mail to start being forwarded.  I put in the 18th.  They completely ignored that and processed it immediately.  So an order from Amazon that was to be delivered on the 13th got transferred into forwarding limbo and the USPS site tells me I should receive it by the 28th.  Sigh.  So Minnie will hopefully like her smaller “cozy” carrier.

We have been unloading box after box after box…

I’ll report back on Monday when we should be back in Florida…hopefully with both cats and our sanity.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That is correct no one better then the Disney Imagineers.

https://sites.disney.com/waltdisneyimagineering/our-projects/

We are headed to Disney for 10 days on the 20th of January. 6 days in the parks and 4 days at my Wife's Aunt and Uncle's house in Bradenton, FL on the West Coast.

We will miss you by a month.   The kids and us are going in February. The couple we cruise with are there this weekend.   I heard the new Guardians of the Galaxy is good. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’ve survived the movers bringing our belongings!  It went so smoothly I was amazed.  Both the packers and movers were absolutely top notch.  If I knew how easy moving could be I’d have done it sooner!  Kudos to Allied and Coleman Worldwide.

Thinking about having some iPhone photos turned into wall art.  Has anybody done this?  I found Easy Canvas Prints online and it seems pretty straightforward.  We have three spaces over our range that I need art for…and rather than try to find three similar subjects, I thought I might use some of my sunset/sunrise/water photos.

A friend had an online photo that I had posted of the view from the Top of the Rock in New York  made into a lovely canvas print and surprised me with it for my birthday.  That was our first canvas print and it is lovely 

Daughter has since gifted me canvas prints from our various holidays together.

So, yes they are lovely to have done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We will miss you by a month.   The kids and us are going in February. The couple we cruise with are there this weekend.   I heard the new Guardians of the Galaxy is good. 

Saw a YouTube video of that ride, not so sure we are up for that one..........If it's like the  Expedition Everest I know it's not for me.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Does any of the frequent cruisers here have any recommendations for car service from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel? It has been 4 years since we have needed this service and would appreciate any recommendations.

Friend's of mine used this company, upon my recommendation, and were very satisfied --

https://www.gojiffyjeff.com/shuttle-transportation-services/

44 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Does any of the frequent cruisers here have any recommendations for car service from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel? It has been 4 years since we have needed this service and would appreciate any recommendations.

We use Lyft. It has worked well enough that we rarely check other options any more. 

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Lot's of talk about death on this thread today....guess that's okay. I guess I should stop posting pictures of the re-model of our kitchen. Sorry to offend anyone.

I can only speak for myself but I love seeing renovation (before/after) pictures.  I guess I missed something and would never want anyone to be upset at all. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

I can only speak for myself but I love seeing renovation (before/after) pictures.  I guess I missed something and would never want anyone to be upset at all. 

I like it too. It's just that one of the pictures could have been "interpreted" in two ways, so, can I kindly ask @Jimbo to post them again, MINUS the "one".

Jimbo, glad you're in the final stages of the kitchen renovation 👍

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I like it too. It's just that one of the pictures could have been "interpreted" in two ways, so, can I kindly ask @Jimbo to post them again, MINUS the "one".

Jimbo, glad you're in the final stages of the kitchen renovation 👍

Thanks for explaining Dani.  

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Lot's of talk about death on this thread today....guess that's okay. I guess I should stop posting pictures of the re-model of our kitchen. Sorry to offend anyone.

Your pictures were great. My fault for throwing things in a different direction.  Keep the pictures coming.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I wish there was a "sorry" button.  Hard to "like" the contents of some posts. 

I tend to think of the "heart" button as a "care" button, like one of the options on FB, for content that isn't something you would "like".  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I like your thought, but I still wish it wouldn't pop up as "like"

27 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I tend to think of the "heart" button as a "care" button, like one of the options on FB, for content that isn't something you would "like".  

I was the same as you Bon.  I always felt uncomfortable posting a like when someone shared some bad news.  That being said, when I posted some unfortunate news of my own and It garnered a host of likes it actually felt comforting to know people were thinking about me.  I'm like Brillo now.  I see it as "I care and am thinking about you"

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 16

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When our daughter was approx. 8, we went to Vegas for Jack's trade show at the Vegas Hilton.  Our daughter opened our hotel room door.  We were all in for a surprise but not as surprised as the couple IN the room IN bed preoccupied, definitely NOT sleeping.  They both stopped and looked like they were going to have heart attacks. We stood there like statues and then Jack quickly shut the door and we fled down to the check in desk in the lobby.  We were compted for our entire stay.  Not sure what the couple in our room got. 😏  

Probably not a happy ending.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7