Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are the opposite on this.   I am like a fish and never want to get out of the water.   I have always loved swimming in a pool or ocean, riding the waves, snorkeling, surf fishing, etc etc

I am the same way. I always loved the water and being in it. However, I don't have the tolerance for colder water that I once had.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am the same way. I always loved the water and being in it. However, I don't have the tolerance for colder water that I once had.

Same here, I'm big baby when it's too cold.  Too cold for me to go all in is probably 68, depending on outside temp.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never eaten oysters or been in a hot tub.

Eric and I have always enjoyed raw oysters.   One of our favorites is Chincoteague, but plenty of others we enjoy.   I always feel guilty when I order them since he cannot eat them.   He has snuck maybe 6 oysters in the last couple of years.    Just hasn't snuck into a hot tub on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric and I have always enjoyed raw oysters.   One of our favorites is Chincoteague, but plenty of others we enjoy.   I always feel guilty when I order them since he cannot eat them.   He has snuck maybe 6 oysters in the last couple of years.    Just hasn't snuck into a hot tub on a cruise ship.

I never had a desire for either.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here, I'm big baby when it's too cold.  Too cold for me to go all in is probably 68, depending on outside temp.

I will not get into the pool unless water temperature is at 75 or warmer,  nice to have a water heater , but rarely use it. One of my buddies just built a new pool and he has a device that can heat or cool the pool. When water temperature is over 90 it is no longer refreshing.

• Like 3

I used to like the water jets in the hot tubs that would massage my back and feet.

It is 08.30am 54°F and sunny currently here in North East England with a high of 70°F forecast for this afternoon.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, George C said:

We told real estate agent when we bought our last two houses not to show us a house unless it had a pool , putting in a new pol can be expensive.

We were just the opposite.  Told our agent in Florida that we didn't want a pool.  Had one for 20 years in Ohio and we enjoyed it a lot, especially when the kids were younger.  We had an open BYO pool party most Friday nights...if there was a green flag flying in front of our house on Friday, everyone was invited to come over with a their own beverages and a snack to share.  We'd throw a big blow out party around either July 4th or Labor Day weekend.  We set the heater at 83F but that was only needed in early summer.  It would often get up to 90F by mid-late summer.  It was a lot of cost/effort to keep it clean for very little use once we and the kids got older. Our pool season in Cincinnati was limited to essentially the summer, even with a heater, so we had the added cost of opening/closing the pool each year.  Weather was fine for swimming through September but once the kids were back in school, no one really used the pool after Labor Day.

Fortunately, our Florida real estate agent found a perfect house and it has a small pool.  No heater but even with cool winters here, we have a longer pool season than Cincinnati.  We're debating adding a heater to extend the season.  And since our pool is small, it's much easier to care for (especially since we pay someone to do it 😉).  I love going for a swim at night right before bed.  

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It was a lot of cost/effort to keep it clean for very little use once we and the kids got older. Our pool season in Cincinnati was limited to essentially the summer, even with a heater, so we had the added cost of opening/closing the pool each year.

Kind of like having a boat.  A lot of cost for the limited season in our area, but we still have it. 

My sunrise photo of the day from Aruba. 

04155C33-29A0-4EF4-81FC-1854AAA5DD0F.thumb.jpeg.c532f2215461f508d58abf89a2c3f65b.jpeg

• Like 17

An update on our broken suitcase travel claim.  Finally received notification that they processed it for payment.  75% of original cost, which is what was in the policy.  

However, it took a phone call last week, and they agreed to expedite it.  Still it was two months to the day when I called, and a month after my previous contact. 

Now I can throw that old one away. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

An update on our broken suitcase travel claim.  Finally received notification that they processed it for payment.  75% of original cost, which is what was in the policy.  

Thank goodness!  I hate having unnecessary stuff hanging around!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm the same way. Every time I have been to beaches in Florida or California, I hated getting into the water, too cold. Ever since going to the Caribbean I love getting into the water. Nice and warm.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

However, it took a phone call last week, and they agreed to expedite it.  Still it was two months to the day when I called, and a month after my previous contact. 

So glad they finally resolved it for you. Still they should have processed that claim faster.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 4:48 AM, sgmn said:

Hello everyone,  we've been away on a cruise this last week with very limited Internet so I've missed out on what's been happening for the last 40 odd pages  I hope everyone is well.

Our cruise was on Silhouette Norwegian Fjords . A last minute booking and scared myself silly reading some of the horror stories on the Celebrity page,  but we figured that we can't go too wrong on a UK cruise, just for a week, no flying and driving to the port.

The cruise was pretty full and probably only 5% wore masks.  In fact we were told on entering the terminal at Southampton 'you don't need to wear your masks' !!  

It did feel a little different as we probably didn't mix as much as a pre covid cruise, but we did go to the shows but sat in a quite area in the upper floor of the theater. 

The ports were lovely,  though weather was cool.  We did lots of walking and really enjoyed the scenery. No masks necessary or requested in Norway in the shops or on the one tour bus we went on. 

All in all a lovely cruise, but I think I prefer Royal Caribbean.  Now to look forward to The Beyond next month 

Sail away in Southampton 

IMG-20220507-WA0006.thumb.jpg.f3a2946c8da326e2930971e094044889.jpg

Looks like you had a great cruise. The Fjords is on our bucket list. Had a great Fjords cruise canceled due to covid. Haven’t been able to fine another one like it yet.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, grapau27 said:

We have just got off a short cruise on Anthem where some of my food photos were taken in Chops grill.

We went on the North Star and the dodgems.

IMG_20220513_154406.jpg

Hope you had a great cruise.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:36 PM, Tonopah said:

This is Elvis. He was here the day the chicks came home 4 years ago and he’s still their guardian and pal.

686ACCAD-3837-4C3E-9777-296B4AC8CD9D.jpeg

That’s so cute.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:58 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday @Sea Dog& @jmh2006 🍹🎂🎈🎈🎉

From me also. 

On 5/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

@ReneeFLL. Hi Renee,   how are you Mike?  

Mike is doing better than me. I’m still having a slight cough but nothing bad.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The Fjords is on our bucket list. Had a great Fjords cruise canceled due to covid. Haven’t been able to fine another one like it yet.

Royal has one every June, going up to the Arctic circle --

It includes Geiranger, which is, IMHO, the most beautiful fjord. Usually, this unique itinerary attracts a lot of "connoisseurs" and is selling out very quickly.

12 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Amsterdam, Geiranger, Arctic Circle, Honningsvag, Alesund, Flaam, Olden, Molde, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: Jun 17 2023
  • Like 4

On 5/16/2022 at 7:35 AM, h20skibum said:

Good morning from Labadee.  80° and sunny this morning. My sunrise photos of the day. 

637478ED-97FB-49AE-B301-2532A1B75F5C.thumb.jpeg.d78528d58c580d564ce8fd87f82686b0.jpeg

0187300E-4C1D-4D63-96FE-9EE0328DDC8F.thumb.jpeg.b5db5b10dd06d4e8c95e7c5a1a171916.jpeg

well, technically it was about 10 minutes after sunrise, since I slept in. 

@HBE4congradulations to your Rangers.  Great comeback in the series.  I am glad I missed the game and only saw the final score.  Nothing like an OT win in a game 7.

Good luck in round 2. 

Hope you are having a good cruise.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There is just so many different things offered at the ports.  So hard to decide what to get.  I hope all is well with y'all.   I will have to catch up later.

image.thumb.png.339b5602154aa5289ffce4a3c4e21abc.png

That is awesome. Not sure if practical but oh so awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That is awesome. Not sure if practical but oh so awesome.

When I compared my abs to the mannequin I started looking elsewhere.   Could you imagine me in that?...... wait don't.   😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

These kids are breaking my heart.

Thinking from yesterday at you all. It is so tough on them, especially at this age.

So very sad.

We were promised a "rose garden" when we were younger, but this "rose garden" is not always delivered....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1