Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Update on baby Ginny.  Ginny's operation was cancelled again.  She went into cardiac arrest Sunday night and is on life support.  This poor baby.🙏🙏🙏  I just don't have words.

My heart breaks for the baby and family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update on baby Ginny.  Ginny's operation was cancelled again.  She went into cardiac arrest Sunday night and is on life support.  This poor baby.🙏🙏🙏  I just don't have words.

Maryann, so very sorry to read this and hope and pray for a miracle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, my cell phone LG problem is exclusive to Metro by T-Mobile.  They're aware of the problem and working on a solution.  I was able to make 2 phone calls last night and texting works this morning.  I'll still get a new phone tomorrow.  We have only one car and our day today is taken up with appointments that can't be changed.  And we're expecting severe thunderstorms today.  On our way out now.  Such is our weather here.  Storms mixed with off and on sunshine.

• Like 5

I’m so sorry to read this. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am now stuck in Seattle isolating with COVID while DH flies home. 

I'm so sorry you ended up with COVID. Hopefully you have mild symptoms and it did not ruin your cruise. Get well soon!

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

YouTube just showed me an oldie but a goodie Royal Caribbean video.  Chase and Jenny's Harmony cruise video from 5+ year ago.  Amazing videography by Chase.  Posting here for those who may not have seen it.

They do a really amazing job on their videos. I am a big fan.

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Had my surgery yesterday to widen the margins after the surgery last month to remove the melanoma. 

I'm happy everything went well and you will have a full recovery. Rest and take care of yourself. I am thinking of you.

15 hours ago, Snack Mama said:

I just wanted to say hello and get the hang of this thing.

Hello!

Welcome to CC and our wonderful thread.

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby has to have Cataract surgery and probably a Corneal transplant.She went to see one of the top doctors in the US today for a second opinion.

I went with her .We were there 3 hours.

Wishing her good luck on her upcoming surgery.

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching Below Deck. Gary's escapades are getting to be very predictable and a bit annoying.

I don't get it either. I do think he has a way of being a charmer but they shouldn't fall for it. I did not understand why Gabby wanted to have sloppy seconds after Ashley.

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

I don’t understand how all these girls seem to be ok just passing him around…self respect has disappeared 😞

I don't get it either. 

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

Sent two of our cars off to FL today. Our tenant has agreed to meet the haulers and park the cars in the garage until we get there next week.

IMG_4087.MOV 92.3 MB · 9 downloads  

He did a great job getting the Lambo in the trailer. I started to get nervous when I heard him rev the engine. Good thing he had a foot on the brake or that beauty would have shot through the other side of that trailer. Best of luck on the move. I know it would be hard in some ways to move from the beauty of those mountains near your house.

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

@Jimboyou asked me to reply here about grandeur. I've posted quite a few reactions on the belle thread. Dont really follow here. The crew was overwhelmed in many ways. Some not their fault some poor planning. It was more like a carnival than  rcl cruise with many carnival newbies. Lines and groups. Drawings made me worry they were covid spreaders. 

I'm a marked woman. I bet they were glad to get rid of me. I got into it 2 out of 2 times with a waiter and talked to her supervisor who wouldnt fix the issue so I wrote to the address I had. Boy did I get some attention. Seems they are used to quiet UK types and 600 to 800. Even our diamond ambassador said Texans are loud but with a lot of energy in a good way. 

We ended with a big storm bringing us into texas. Lady crew in breakfast this morning even was worrying what they will do with 500 kids onboard this summer after kids sale free booked up the ship. Overwhelmed as in a sea day lunch waited and waited for meat, then they were totally out of silverware, sharing napkins, having to eat with fingers. No clean places to eat. They promised rheyngot more salt and pepper shakers coming in for WJ. We Texans been working on getting them to put ice in drinks. Seems they dont think people want iced drinks. This is texas not europe. 

Both my cabin stewards were fantastic, dining just needs more help. Period. First night dinners typically have been 2 hours. One couple anytime said they walked out after 2 1/2 hours and still didnt have dessert. We ran about 75% brand new to rcl each leg. Tried the pizza once and it was awful. 

Yes I'm home now. Getting a little energy back finally. Rcl needs more staff. I wouldnt pay current rcl prices to do that ship. My cabin steward summed it up what do you expect 70% staff and 100% pax. Of the higher loyalty level folks who cruise more, not one said they would do that ship and cruise again. Not one. Ship is adapting to us rowdy texans. Drink machines always out of ice. The one ice machine outside buffet permanently broken. It's not even really summer. Lol. But its changing. When I first got on no drinks the crew sat out had ice, now they are putting it in water and iced tea and some others sometimes. Crew said to me but putting ice in ahead of time waters down the lemonade and punch. .. we are like we still want ice. We also want coffee. The coffee line was ridiculous at the coffee bar. Glad I could use diamond lounge. They just need more crew period. You cant just cut off the line for lunch at WJ. It's not like there are really other choices where they all can just go. 

That is just horrible on  so many levels. I sure hope they get their act together. That's unacceptable.

Oh I am so sorry to hear this Maryann. I will be hoping for the best and wish peace and comfort to the family that a miracle can happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This is absolutely awful to hear.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was at Labadee once when there was a long line of people to get food. When closing time came they closed off the line and wouldn't let anyone else in to get food. I thought there was going to be a riot. 

This occurred on a cruise I was on years ago.People were yelling .It was a near riot.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

All my love in thoughts and prayers!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

He did a great job getting the Lambo in the trailer. I started to get nervous when I heard him rev the engine. Good thing he had a foot on the brake or that beauty would have shot through the other side of that trailer.

I was nervous for the guy standing inside the trailer.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sigh just so heartbreaking especially with a baby 💔.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was nervous for the guy standing inside the trailer.     

Totally!  I do not think I would like to stand in front of a high powered engine revving like that. I love the sound of a Lamborghini.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no.

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Sending our prayers 🙏 for baby Ginny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

I had a rare work day today doing 5 hours of sales calls.

It was cloudy and 60°F with an occasional light rain shower.

We watch Below deck Mediterranean every night on TV but I understand in the UK we are a year behind the US shows.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

Sent two of our cars off to FL today. Our tenant has agreed to meet the haulers and park the cars in the garage until we get there next week.

3741D11D-1F8A-426D-AB86-90698260D9B2.thumb.jpeg.536b2c785dfac7e88aa9965fd17f968c.jpeg

E5700711-344F-44C7-8F00-6EC7984B5028.thumb.jpeg.40a03050dc4c1c503f22174e30de7103.jpeg

C8E9D045-DAB1-4E3B-8BA0-92F4A7F7DA28.thumb.jpeg.d79b23cbaaf4ad76c4598ad51ea9b583.jpeg

Did he get out of the black car through the trunk? 😁 The video stopped too soon!

I received a phone call from a very good friend that her Father passed away (he has been in hospice program).     Funeral will be Saturday morning.    I had no idea but her Father was much older than her Mother - he lived and enjoyed life for 97 years!

• Like 9

So sad to hear.  Praying for the baby and family.  Such a tough thing to experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers for Ginny and her poor parents. 
It’s heartbreaking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1